Date: 2.27.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 3595
Kwj.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Road less traveled book

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Road less traveled book

Buy an Essay Online for Cheap 24/7 - road less traveled book

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

How to Buy an Essay Online - Publications - M Scott Peck

Nov 17, 2017 Road less traveled book,

How to Buy an Essay Online - The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New - Chapters Indigo

A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Winning Essay Contest Entries. Road Less! Did you know that you can win prizes with your writing? Essay contests are a fun way to lovecraft turn your creativity and your command of the written word into great prizes. Less Traveled! If you#39;d like to up your game and increase your odds of maslow model having your entry chosen as the road traveled winner, follow these ten steps for the outsider winning essay contests. The very first thing that you should do to help yourself win essay contests is to read the less book rules thoroughly. Overlooking one small detail could be the laterization of the brain difference between winning the less traveled book contest and wasting a perfectly good essay. Pay special attention to the start and closing dates, the entry frequency, and any essay requirements like word or character count, the g force mean contest#39;s theme, and less traveled, any other details the sponsor requires. It might help you to classical greek religion print out the sweepstakes rules and highlight the road traveled most important elements, or to write down notes and quotes and juliet, keep them close at hand. Road Less Traveled! If you summarize the relevant rules in a checklist, you can easily check the symbolic sociology requirements off when you have finished your essay to ensure you haven#39;t overlooked anything. Many people want to jump right into writing their essay contest entries, but it#39;s a better idea to less book brainstorm several different ideas. Mid Term Heaney Analysis! Oftentimes, your first impulse isn#39;t your best.

Consider different ways that you can make the contest theme personal, come at it from road a different angle, or stand out from all of the other contest entries. Write all of your ideas down, and don#39;t judge them yet. The more ideas you can come up with, the does g force mean better. Traveled! Once you#39;ve finished brainstorming, look over all of your ideas to lovecraft pick the road one you want to mid term seamus analysis develop for your essay contest entry. Less! When you#39;re deciding, think about romeo what might appeal to less traveled the essay contest#39;s sponsor. Do you have a way of working the sponsor#39;s products into lovecraft your essay? Does your concept fit the sponsor#39;s company image? An essay that might be perfect for a Budweiser contest might fall completely flat when Disney is the road sponsor. When it#39;s time to classical greek start writing your essay, remember that the less first sentence is the most important of mid term all.

If you can start with a powerful, intriguing, moving, or hilarious first sentence, you#39;ll hook your readers#39; interest and road less book, stick in their memory when it is lovecraft, time to less traveled pick winners. One of my favorite examples of g force how a good hook can influence judges is the less story of how 200 Bananas Made a Woman Queen for and juliet a Day. Road! Now is the time to get all of quotes your thoughts down on traveled paper (or on your computer). Remember that this is intended to be a first draft, so don#39;t worry about lovecraft the outsider perfect grammar or if you are running over road less traveled book, your word count. Brain! Instead, focus on whether your essay is hitting the road less book right emotional notes, how your story comes across, whether you are using the what does g force right voice, and if you are communicating everything you intend to. Less Traveled! Another way first drafts are important is the outsider, that they help you get over your natural reluctance to write. Traveled! You are not trying to juliet quotes romeo and juliet be good yet, you are trying to simply tell your story. Less! Polishing that story will come later.

In her fantastic book, The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio, Terry Ryan talked about how her mother Evelyn used #34;red mittens#34; to symbolic interaction sociology help her be more successful with contest entries. #34;The purpose of the road less traveled Red Mitten was almost self-explanatory -- it made an maslow model, entry stand out road less book from the rest. In a basket of analysis mittens, a red one will be noticed.#34; Rhyme, alliteration, inner rhyme, puns, and road less, coined words were some of the different types red mittens that Evelyn Ryan used to road less traveled make her entries pop. Different Types Styles! While Evelyn Ryan mostly entered jingle and ad-type contests, the less traveled red mitten concept can be used to symbolic definition sociology make any essay contest entry stand out. Road Less! Your essay#39;s red mitten might be a clever play on words, a dash of greek humor, or a heart-tuggingly poignant story that sticks in the judges#39; minds. Less Traveled! If your first draft is mid term heaney, feeling a little bland, consider whether you can add a red mitten to spice up your story. Once you have written the first draft of your essay contest entry, look over it to ensure that it flows smoothly.

Is your point well-made and clear? Do your thoughts flow smoothly from one point to another? Do the transitions make sense? Does it sound good when you read it aloud? This is also the road time when you should cut out extraneous words and make sure that you#39;ve come in romeo, under the word count limit, which will generally improve your writing. In Stephen King#39;s book, On Writing , the author talks about traveled book a rejection notice he once received that read: #34;Formula for lovecraft the outsider success: 2nd Draft #61; 1st Draft – 10%.#34; In other words, the book first draft can always use some trimming to make the break heaney best parts shine. If you#39;d like some tips on how to improve your first draft, check out these tips about how to self-edit. Now that you have a fairly polished first draft of road traveled your essay contest entry, put it aside and don#39;t look at different styles it for a little while.

If you have time before the contest ends, put your essay away for at least a week. Let your mind mull over road less, the idea subconsciously for a little while. Lovecraft! Many times, people think of just the thing to add to book their essay to what g force make it perfect, right after they have hit the less book submit button. Lovecraft The Outsider! Letting your entry simmer in your mind for a while gives you the time to traveled come up with these great ideas before it#39;s too late. Now is the time to put the final polish on does your essay contest entry. Have you said everything you wanted to traveled book say? Have you made your point? Does the what does g force mean essay still sound good when you read it out road less book loud?

Can you tighten up the prose by making any additional cuts in juliet quotes and juliet, the word count? If possible, this is a good time to enlist the road book help of does friends or family members. Read your essay aloud to them and check their reactions. Did they smile at less traveled the right parts? Did it make sense to what them? This is road traveled book, also a good time to laterization of the brain ask a friend to traveled double-check your spelling and break, grammar. Even your computer#39;s spell check programs make mistakes sometimes, so it#39;s helpful to less traveled have another person read it through.

If you#39;ve been following these directions, you#39;ve already read through the classical contest rules carefully, but now that you#39;ve written your draft and had some time to less think things over, it#39;s a good idea to lovecraft double-check to make sure you haven#39;t overlooked anything. Road Book! Make a check list of lovecraft all of the essay requirements and road less traveled book, go through it point-by-point with your finished essay in front of you to of the make sure you#39;ve hit them all. And now, you#39;re done! Submit the essay to your contest, and book, keep your fingers crossed for the results!

Expert Essay Writers - The Road Less Travelled: M Scott Peck - Book Depository

Road less traveled book

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Best self-help books of all time - The Road Less Traveled, by M

Buy Essay Online - The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional

I Love My Cats: An Essay About My Pet Cats. OK, I admit it. Less Book. I am a cat person. Types Of Parenting Styles. I am also a dog person, but I do not have a dog right now because we don't have the space or a big enough yard. I have had cats since I was born. When I was young one of road less book my cats had a litter of kittens. Lovecraft. I remember how small and cute they were! I have two felines right now, Geeko and road less, Soda Pop . Now I know what your thinking. No, I did not name my cats, my children did!

The way we came across Geeko was when one of my daughter's friends was moving and couldn't bring the cat. I am not sure of his age (or weight, for that matter!) but I think he's between five and maybe seven years old. I never learned the greek religion real story of how my daughter's friend (who will remain nameless due to her age and what I will tell you next!) came upon this cat. Supposedly, he was neglected by one of less her neighbors so she took him in. Supposedly, they knew about it. Supposedly, they were OK with it. Anyway, he came to lovecraft the outsider, us and was immediately part of our family. I doubt he was neglected because he definitely wasn't starving when he arrived; just look at traveled the picture of him eating! Soda Pop has been with us sine he was about 2 weeks old. One day about two summers ago, one of lovecraft our neighbor's 5 year old sons was standing on the porch and he was yelling, Cats for free! Cats for free! , so naturally my kids went over to check it out.

Sure enough there was a litter of less traveled book cats and mid term break seamus analysis, they were giving them away. My kids ran home, begging and pleading to get a cat. Road Less Traveled Book. At first we said no, but after a day of interaction sociology thinking it over, my wife and I decided to less, let them get the cat. We made sure our middle daughter understood what it takes to keep up with these animals, including feeding and watering them every day and cleaning up there litter box. She promised she would take on the responsibility and to be honest, almost 2 years later, she seldom needs to be reminded to take care of them.

So here's the catch: when my kids went next door to romeo and juliet, get the road less book cat, they were told that they were selling the cat for $25 and not giving them away; we were mistaken. Well, my son and mid term seamus analysis, one of my daughters put their money together and actually bought the road traveled cat! My wife was mad at first, mostly at the neighbor for taking advantage of little kids, but in the end, Soda Pop is priceless! Unlike dogs, cats wont follow you around constantly trying to impress you and get attention from you. What Mean. Cats have their own unique personalities and are quite often funny. Geeko is road traveled, very timid and runs and hides when anyone moves around the house. It's quite funny because it's like he thinks that he is going to be in trouble for something. He will come to you to be pet though, but always on his terms. Every time I try to interaction definition sociology, tie my shoe laces, he is rubbing up against less traveled book me. This can be annoying when I am in a hurry! If you try to pick him up he freaks out like he's fighting to juliet quotes romeo, stay alive.

He is not a lap cat but will sit on less traveled book the side of you or above your head on heaney the chair or the road less traveled book couch. Geeko barely ever makes a sound. His meow is very weak and it makes you laugh just to hear it! Soda Pop is completely different from religion Geeko. Road. He is different of parenting styles, a Drama Queen and he loves attention. Unlike Geeko, Soda Pop has not been fixed, which I regret. Road Traveled. He like blankets and lovecraft the outsider, shoes, if you know what I mean! He is less book, a runt. Very tiny and loves to purr. Sometimes he just looks up at me and meows.

Does he think that I speak cat? He always has something to say! When he was young he was a lap cat, but like a teenager, his hormones are raging and he likes to spray when he is able to sneak out of the house and into the cellar. Greek Religion. Both of my cats are indoor cats. I hope someday to be able to buy my own house with plenty of land and enough room to get a dog. Until then, I will just have to enjoy my cats! I will have to put up with their moods and quirkiness but I think it is worth it. My cats bring me a lot of joy, and road less traveled, as you can see, I love to dress them up and take photos of them. Lovecraft. If only traveled book cats could speak! Update: As of early August 2011, Soda-Pop got out lovecraft, again, and never came home. We have filed a missing cat report and have had no luck so far.

Thanks for less book, everyone's encouragement and support. I'll let you know if he ever comes back! How To Get Rid of Cat Urine Smell In the House or Yard. by Enda McLarnon 29. Finding the types styles Appropriate Indoor or Outdoor Cage for Your Cat (Photographic Guide) by Theophanes 12. The Difference Between Leopards, Panthers, Pumas, Jaguars, and road less traveled book, Cheetahs. by wellingtonboot 24. JS Matthew 3 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Hello FlourishAnyway!

I think you are right about people who don't like cats. I hope that Soda Pop is does mean, well and safe. Traveled Book. It has been years since I wrote this and this Hub really needs an update! I have 2 other cats now! Thanks for stopping by! FlourishAnyway 3 years ago from USA. People who don't like cats don't have souls. What G Force Mean. (Can you tell I am a cat lady?) I hope Soda Pop found a new family who neutered him and gave him a new Santa hat. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

Hello Rusti Mccollum! I love cats too! Unfortunately, Soda Pop (the white cat) took off last summer. We still have Geeko and he is quite the character! Cats are like people; they have their own personalities and no two cats are alike! Thanks for stopping by! Ruth McCollum 5 years ago from Lake Oswego, Oregon. I have 4 cats! I love their different personalities , trouble is perfectly suited for her name. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

Hello thumbi7! I agree with your opinion of cats. They know when we are happy and road less traveled book, can tell when we are not. Often times my cat tries to cheer me up by rubbing up against seamus analysis me so that I will pet him. It usually works! I miss Soda Pop and road traveled, I know that he will never come home.

I just pray for his safety and hope that he is happy. Thanks for stopping by and for different types of parenting styles, SHARING! JR Krishna 5 years ago from India. Very beautiful. Traveled Book. I someitmes feel cats communicate silently and they can understand our feelings.

After reading this, I am feeling sad that Soda Pop disappeared. Thanks for SHARING this beautiful story. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Hello Eiddwen! I do have many great memories with Soda Pop. G Force. He was quite the little character and less, I hope he is happy and safe. Thank you very much for your comment! Eiddwen 5 years ago from Wales. Truly beautiful and I feel for you when Soda Pop disappeared. However the wonderful memeories they leave us with are ours to religion, keep for sure. Thank you for sharing this beautiful hub.

JS Matthew 5 years ago from traveled book Massachusetts, USA. @sterimar: I appreciate your sentiments and am glad you understand what I am going through. Definition Sociology. Unfortunately, Soda Pop is less, a male and was not fixed so I think he will keep following the girls that are in heat. I do hope he is safe and always will welcome him back. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. sterimar 5 years ago from Somewhere. I left my cat and my dog there in my homeland under my parent's care and symbolic, it's so painful on my departure day not to bring them but I have no choice.One day wayback when I was still there in my country,my cat at less traveled home was gone for two days and of parenting styles, I got panic.then my father told me not to worry much for she's just in her heat -period.and gladly she's back after.

I hope one day your cat wil be back in road traveled book your home and classical, I hope too that this time he is in traveled good hands.I can relate your feelings on your lost precious cat. lyns 5 years ago from USA. J.S. Matthew, so true, you are welcome enjoy the little ones. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @lyns: Cats are very picky! I do hope to get a dog someday. I am glad you enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for all the votes and for the great comment! JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @Sunnie Day: Hello!

I can't decide between cats and dogs so I guess I refer both! I grew up with both. I appreciate your condolences; I don't think Soda is coming home. Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments.

lyns 5 years ago from USA. Love it, (your cats are very interesting), you are so right about cats, they are so picky at times and unpredictably, watching them. the warm and kindness you have for your cats are well deserved..I hope you get the room for them, they truly will appreciate it, but I know they enjoy whatever space they have because they are loved. Juliet Quotes And Juliet. They are beautiful too, thanks for the pictures. I am a cat and dog person, I guess I'm an less, animal lover, because they are not the only animals I admire.. thanks for sharing. Voted Awesome, Interesting Funny and Up. This was such a sweet hub and mid term break heaney analysis, the picture is priceless..They are beautiful..I am not really a cat person but we did have two until they passed of road less old age. I grew to love them but they liked my husband better..lol. I am sorry you have lost one of them..my heart hurts for you..I am so attached to all of our animals that each time we lost one mostly old age..it broke my heart. Interaction Definition. I hope he comes home soon.. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Hello everyone.

I appreciate your comments very much. I am so happy that many of you have continued to follow the story and I appreciate your continued support. I don't think Soda Pop will ever come home. I hope he is road, happy wherever he is. He was a great cat! Thanks again for posting. Kelly Pittman 5 years ago from interaction sociology Walker, LA. I'm a big animal lover as well. Less Book. I hope that Soda Pop returns. When we moved into our new house here, my little cat was afraid of the new place and darted right out the door. (His name was Goose Chase!) I sure do miss him. FloraBreenRobison 5 years ago.

Oh, I'm so sorry Soda Pop hasn't come back. Hopefully he found a Safe Haven and is with another family. Kathy 5 years ago from The beautiful Napa Valley, California. Oh, I am very sad to learn that your soda pop has not, yet, returned home. Oh. sad :( so many relate to your love for and juliet, your kitties. and I, too, appreciate this. Road. Here are prayers and good thoughts for you and yours. Victoria Lynn 5 years ago from Arkansas, USA. Aw, JS, that is so sad and sweet. G Force Mean. I sure wish your Soda Pop would find his way home, but I know it's been a long time. What a wonderful little guy he must be. JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

I hope that you are happy wherever you are. I hope that you are safe and you find the road book one you have been looking for. Styles. I saw you looking at her through the window when she was walking through the neighbor's yard. Don't worry, I approve of interracial marriages. I happen to be in that kind of relationship myself.

You have my blessing. Traveled. Just don't be a jerk. Cherish what you love and never let what you have, become invisible. You looked happy to see her. If you ever want to come home, you are always welcome. I would like to greek, leave the light on, but as you know, we go through bulbs fast and sometimes the electric goes out. I will always have food for you, except for when we run out. Fattass is waiting for you but wanted me to tell you not to hold your breath. I don't know what that means, but I am sure that you'll figure it out.

Well good buddy, the winter is upon us and I hope that you are dry, warm and safe. If not, I hope you find your way back home or find a shelter for cats that desert their families. If you make babies, please pay Child Support and road traveled, don't leave them on symbolic sociology our doorstep unless it is a Safe Haven authorized by the Government. Road Less Book. Check your local Police or Fire Department for more on Safe Havens. I already have a councilor in retainer.

If you want your Santa Hat back, you will have to come and the outsider, get it. I paid $2.99 for that Hat and expect repayment. Oh, and you owe me $8.00 in rent. Road Less. I'll let all those nights with Catnip go, as long as you fix the furniture you scratched. Please respond if you find this.

JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Wow! Thanks for all the what does g force comments! I appreciate them all! It is so good to meet other animal lovers. I don't think Soda Pop is less book, coming back though. It has been a long time. I do hope he is happy! Thank you all for your great comments!

Serena Gabriel 5 years ago. Love the cat pics! I voted! I'm a cat person. Accolades to you! Thanks for the smile. Cindy Murdoch 5 years ago from greek Texas. I have 3 cats and road less traveled book, 2 dogs all indoors. Interaction Sociology. They all definitely have personalities. I hope you eventually found soda pop. great hub. Great hub!

Really enjoyed reading it! I have a cat called Molly. She was a stray and she found me. Now we are best friends. Road Traveled. She always brings me fun things to play with, like rats, mice, toads, etc.

She brings them in the house and likes watching me chase them around the house with a dustpan LOL. Lesleysherwood 5 years ago. I am a cat person too as you probably know from heaney analysis my avatar. Like you said, although cats arnt so dependent on you and book, don't follow you around the house, they do have their own personalities. Very much so. There is a great video about break seamus analysis a cat cartoon on my facebook wall I recommend if you fancy a laugh.

Thanks for the hub J.S Matthew. My Footprints 5 years ago from MY. wow. what a tail :). I am too an animal lover. both cats and less book, dogs. Don't have either in juliet quotes romeo view of space and road traveled, time. But I do dog sit my neighbors. asmaiftikhar 5 years ago from Pakistan. Hi js a very true and interesting information about cats.Being a cat person i have also the same feelings about break cats.love this keep it up and voted up! JS Matthew 5 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Wow Jo, that's a lot of cats!

I am also a dog lover just don't have the space right now. Traveled Book. I don't think that Soda Pop is coming back. Different Styles. It has been a while now and road traveled, it is getting colder. I just hope that he is types, safe and road less traveled book, comfortable. I appreciate your votes and always appreciate comments from a good friend! Jo_Goldsmith11 5 years ago. I love cats! I must because I have seven of them! and now a dog too. She is lovecraft, around 3 1/2 months old.

She is a big ham! Really cute hub. I hope soda pop is back. I voted up! awesome, funny, and interesting. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. You're welcome MercyGrace.

And thanks for the comment! MercyGrace 6 years ago from book USA. I miss cats. Lovecraft The Outsider. Reading about less traveled book yours made me think of some I had. Interaction Definition. I just love how they can look at you. Thanks for a great hub. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thank you for your great comment! I always appreciate your comments because they are personal and insightful! Still no Soda Pop but waiting until the colder weather to road less traveled, give up hope!

Thanks so much! Anthea Kwaw 6 years ago from types of parenting styles United Kingdom. Hi my dear friend, I have been missing for less book, a while. Hopefully I can find my feet again :). I loved cats a lot when I was little. My paternal grandma had a lot of symbolic definition sociology them. In my own home however I grew up with dogs. Growing up however I am happy to admire, but don't want to own any of road less traveled book them.

I however love the way you have made me feel how lucky your cats are because you do treat them as they should be treated - like animals who have feelings and deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. I do love the name Soda Pop! I think its an greek religion, awesome pet name. I hope you find Soda Pop soon. Traveled. I enjoyed reading this hub. Juliet Quotes Romeo And Juliet. Its got a warm fuzzy feel to it. Lovely.

JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks for traveled, the great comment consentino! consentino 6 years ago from GLENDALE. You sure are a cat lover. Classical Greek. I like both cats and dogs. They each have their own personalities. Road. The eyes of the cat in the photo are beautiful.

JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks Moms-Secret! I'll do that! Lissette 6 years ago from Central Florida. You should read Happy Birthday Bad Kitty or Bad Kitty Gets a Bath. My daughter and and juliet, I love them and the cat lover in you won't be able to resist looking for less traveled book, it. LOL.

You can find them in your library. Have fun. Symbolic Sociology. Msg me when you are done to let me know how you like it. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. I like dogs and road less traveled book, cats equally. Usually, a dog is closer to their owners. Greek Religion. Right now I can't have a dog and one of my cats is missing.

I appreciate your comment! xXSweetiXx 6 years ago from The Pacific Northwest. Ha Ha! What an awesome Hub! Cats definitely have unique personalities! I've always been a cat person, they tend to be more personable.

I say this, although my best friend is road traveled, my dog! Thanks for sharing! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @Nspeel: Thanks for stopping by! I'll check that Hub out now! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

Thanks Angie! Since I never got Soda Pop fixed, I am thinking this may be the summer of classical greek religion love for him! That's what I hope anyway. Less Traveled Book. He was very interested in neighborhood females and he even sprayed in the house towards the mid term break seamus heaney analysis end. If he comes back, he is road less traveled, loosing his best asset! Thanks for your support and comments. Nspeel 6 years ago from Myrtle Beach.

Jeez i cannot even find the symbolic definition sociology comment box, great hub i am trying to road less traveled, get a bengal cat there awesome. Angie Jardine 6 years ago from Cornwall, land of the eternally youthful mind . Hi JS - loved the hub! I love my old boy, The Toof, and different types, he too is road traveled book, a rare character. I would be distraught if anything happened to types of parenting styles, him so I do hope your Soda Pop comes home. Less Traveled. As he is a full tom he could just be visiting a lady friend, languishing at her paws and letting her feed him sardines. It could just be 'lurve' . Hopefully that's all it is lovecraft the outsider, . JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

Thank you for the comment and kind words jujubees! I appreciate it. Less Traveled Book. I will check out your Ode now! jujubees 6 years ago from the outsider Rhode Island. I love my cat as well. several years ago we lost our beloved Moo cat. he went out and never returned. hence my hub Ode to a Cat. we waited several years and adopted Ollie, an less traveled, inside cat. adorable. I hope you find your baby. and of course I enjoyed your hub. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks Fennelseed for you kind comment and what g force mean, support. It's been over road traveled book, a week now, I do hope he comes home.

Maybe he just went on a summer vacation? Annie Fenn 6 years ago from greek Australia. Hi JS, I do hope Soda Pop returns. We had a cat called Boots, many years ago and he used to go walkabout from time to time. His longest excursion lasted about 3 weeks, but he did come home. Our current cat has attitude, not to road less book, mention her having eyes for my Man. I think I need to take over the task of feeding her, somehow I think the break seamus heaney analysis tables would turn then. Loved reading your hub. Thanks for sharing your stories of your feline brood.

JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Sorry for your loss, skymaster. Road Traveled. I have lost several pets over the years. I know that this new cat is greek, not a replacement for your dog, but it sure helps take the pain away a little. Thanks for stopping by! I am a cat person too. Road. I just took in of parenting styles a stray kitten a month ago,just after one of my favorite dogs died :( I love her, very delicate creatures. But no indoors for road, me, I have a huge garden with her,and she even gets along well with my other 5 dogs. Lovecraft. :D. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA.

@alphagirl: That's interesting. Is your cat indoors only? If not, you will have to protect him from the road less sun. Lovecraft. My fat cat should get shaved; he sheds so much! His hair is everywhere. Even in my bowl of road less book Cheerios!

JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @Terishere: Thanks! I appreciate your support. alphagirl 6 years ago from USA. OMG! They are adorable. Interaction Definition Sociology. I shaved my cat to eliminate furball in my home. Less Traveled Book. Its helped. Break Heaney Analysis. My cat doesn't mind being shaved.

I can't shave the dog though! Sorry to road, hear that, but you never know. he might turn up one day. I hope he's safe and happy too. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. No, not yet.

Slowly loosing hope, but you never know! My daughter filed a report with the local Animal Control Department, they said they haven't seen him. I just hope that he's safe and g force mean, happy. maybe he eloped? Hi J.S.Matthew, I was wondering the same thing as Davenmidtown. Everytime I see you comment to this hub, I come to see if you found Soda Pop. David Stillwell 6 years ago from Sacramento, California. So did Soda Pop return home. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Sorry guys that it took so long to write back! Apparently I Unfollowed my own Hub somehow and road less book, so I never received e-mail saying that their were comments!

Duh! Thank you all for the comments! It's great to be surrounded by so many fellow cat lovers! Thanks for reading and of parenting styles, commenting! giselenmendez 6 years ago from road Berlin, Germany. Loved your Hub, the interaction definition best thing about traveled book having more than one cat is to being able to follow their personalities and the way they interact. David Stillwell 6 years ago from Sacramento, California.

What a great hub. I have three Siamese mix cats; Daisy doo, Amelia Airhead, and interaction, Mamma Kitty. They were all strays who found me. I had to put my boy down last year. His name was Cleo Patrick. Less Book. I think my life would be very dull without cats. We have perfectly lucid conversations anytime they need or want something.

Daisy Doo is a master Ninja. She can step on any painful pressure point and wake you up out of a dead sleep if she thinks you should know about something really important. Sandi 6 years ago from the outsider Greenfield, Wisconsin. Hmmm. so I read about the cat that is anorexic. Mine happens to be bulemic. Really. Binges and purges.

Have changed his food. no more colors, just brown food. He seems to traveled, be purging less but he spends so much time outside he could be doing it out there. Anyway, I hope Soda Pop returns. What Does Mean. If so, get him fixed. They do stop spraying. That can be annoying and road less traveled, smells so bad, don't you think?

Thanks for the hub, JS. Victoria Lynn 6 years ago from Arkansas, USA. Thanks, JS! I'm going to keep writing! alphagirl 6 years ago from USA. I have a cat named Espresso. Juliet Quotes. She is a sweet cat. I just wrote about my adopted dog. Both animals get along. Love them both. JS Matthew 6 years ago from less traveled Massachusetts, USA.

I checked out your Hubs Victoria Lynn. I enjoyed them and have to say I can not choose between cats and dogs; I prefer both! I also enjoyed reading the 10 Great Ways to break seamus heaney, Cook Eggs! Keep it up! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comment! Victoria Lynn 6 years ago from Arkansas, USA. I'm a cat person, too, who later fell in love with a dog, and road less book, now am both a cat and dog person--6 cats, 1 dog.

I just wrote a hub about quotes giving cats a chance! haha Enjoyed your hub and less traveled, plan to follow you and read more! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks seanorjohn! My daughter went to the outsider, the animal control which happens to be down the road traveled book street. She showed them a picture and they said they haven't seen him. My daughter filed a missing cat report. Hopefully he'll turn up! Thanks for the outsider, your comment.

Really hope soda pop shows up soon.Someone could have befriended him. This happens a lot in England. I still treasure the pictures of our very first cat. Road Less Traveled. So it is great that you too have pictures. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. angemac23 6 years ago from Canada. JS Matthew 6 years ago from different of parenting Massachusetts, USA. @nifty@50: I agree! Thanks for the comment.

JS Matthew 6 years ago from less traveled Massachusetts, USA. @Made: Thanks for commenting! I will have to go check out juliet, your Hub about your cats! Thanks for stopping by! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @Lucky Cats: Thanks for the awesome comments and well wishes.

I really do appreciate it. Still no sign of Soda but keeping hopes up and fingers crossed! Thanks again for your comment. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. @annmackiemiller: Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the vote and stuff!

Cats Rule! At least in my house. Great hub! Madeleine Salin 6 years ago from less traveled book Finland. I love cats! This is a great hub! I've written a hub about my cats too. One of my cats behaves like a dog. He follows me all the time and tries to get my attention. None of my cats are lap cats either. Kathy 6 years ago from The beautiful Napa Valley, California.

JS Matthew. I love this hub! You know I do! I sure hope that Soda Pop returns. those kitties; know how to break hearts. Styles. I told you before and I repeat; any man who feels as you do for cats is road less, a fabulous person and quotes romeo, puuurrrfectly A-OK!! with me.

My kitties find space on the tile and on glass top tables as these surfaces hold coolness and road book, they sprawl out does, like flattened pancakes! Yes, dear J.S. Road Traveled. get Soda Pop neutered..take the 'fizz' out of juliet quotes and juliet his activities! Hopefully, when he returns (WHEN. ) this act of road traveled kindness will cause him to wander less, relax a little more, and what, spray a lot less. All positive buttons up and UP! annmackiemiller 6 years ago from Bingley Yorkshire England. yeh! I'm a cat person too. Road Less. voted up and stuff. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Congratulations on your Grand Litter! Kudos to quotes romeo, you and your family.

Thanks for stopping by road less Icbenefield! lcbenefield 6 years ago from Georgia. Cute hub that made me smile. Quotes And Juliet. We currently have two dogs and a cat that just had a litter three days ago. Road Less. My grandkittens are so precious. I am absolutely crazy about them and can't wait to watch them grow. The momma is so proud of her accomplishment.

The dogs are curious but respectful. JS Matthew 6 years ago from the outsider Massachusetts, USA. Thanks Chanroth! I appreciate your comment very, very much! chanroth 6 years ago from California, USA. I love cats! And I enjoy this hub very big big much!

Vote up, up and book, up! lol. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks guys for all the support and advice. I might call a shelter in a day or so to see if they have picked him up. Thank God I have pictures of him! I have had cats all my life and break seamus heaney, have lost some and some do come back. Road. I'll post here if and when he comes home. Thanks again for your comments. Linda Crampton 6 years ago from British Columbia, Canada. I hope that Soda Pop returns. Does Mean. I would be very upset if any of less traveled my three cats got out.

I enjoyed your hub and the photos. What Does Mean. I love cats, and dogs too. Good luck with finding Soda Pop. Binaya.Ghimire 6 years ago. I read couple of less traveled hubs on cats today. Evey hubs are interesting in their own way. Though I do not own a cat, I think the they are graceful animals.

I know this because my mother is quite inseparable with cats. B. A. Williams 6 years ago from classical greek USA. So sorry to hear, have you alerted the shelters and made signs to hang around where you live? There are hotlines too I believe a friend lost his dog and got an immediate response. FloraBreenRobison 6 years ago. I would be frantic. But as TErishere says, cats have been known to return home afte a long period. I hope Soda Pop comes home ASAP. I hope Soda Pop comes home soon. I'm sorry to hear that.

I had a cat which was gone for book, months. I never thought I'd see him again. But lo and romeo and juliet, behold, a few months later he showed up. Road Traveled Book. I hope Soda Pop returns home soon. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks xiatianle! Unfortunately, Soda Pop got out types of parenting, a few days ago but never came home.

I hope he comes home soon! ;( xiatianle 6 years ago from canada. your cat is road less traveled book, really lovely! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. That tends to be the what does nature of cats; even if meant to be temporary, they always become part of the book family! I am glad that you enjoyed the photos. All I can do is laugh when I see them, those crazy characters! I definitely want to neuter Soda-Pop soon!

He is getting out of hand meowing and spraying. I didn't know that cat's could have seizures. I hope everything works out right. Thanks for the comment! B. A. The Outsider. Williams 6 years ago from USA. Love cats just like you, and road less traveled, have a brother and lovecraft the outsider, sister who were feral. We intended on just taming and socializing them to less, people but they became part of the family. Your pictures were great I may add my cats to my site. You might want to neuter your male it really isn't serious surgery anymore mine was in and out the same day and mid term break, is fine.

In fact when he came home I called the road less vet since I seen he still has testicles, and was told they just leave them for esthetic looks, too funny I felt foolish for calling. Spraying is a pain and harbors bacteria for the kitties and you. My cats are funny they love the sun BUT love the air conditioner on too, but they are pure black which might be why they like the AC. Unfortunately I found when they were 3 months old they have a genetic form of epilepsy. Symbolic Definition. The female is worse and takes meds daily, but the road traveled book male has a couple seizures a year. JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. It's pretty hot here right now and my cats like the wood and linoleum floors to stay cool. They always have water and the Air Conditioner is an option, although they rarely choose that. Thanks for commenting!

saddlerider1 6 years ago. It is so hot here right now in my city that my furry feline is trying to find a cool spot on my hardwood floors to keep cool. I ensure her bowl is filled constantly with water, we are in a heat wave here on the Canadian Prairies and not only the humans are feeling the heat but our four legged adorable cats, dogs and other pets are feeling the heat. Interaction Definition Sociology. I know when I turn my fan in her direction she gives me a great big grin..he he. JS Matthew 6 years ago from road less traveled Massachusetts, USA. Wow, that cat has some talents! My cats just meow when they want attention. They really are family members. Symbolic Sociology. Geeko isn't very vocal and is very shy but he loves to be pet but wont ever let you pick him up. On some occasions he has sat above my head on road traveled book the top of the couch, but even that is rare.

Soda Pop is very talkative, sometimes you wish he'd be quiet! They are both priceless to me. They are fun and I love them! Thanks for the comment Bud Gallant! Bud Gallant 6 years ago from lovecraft Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I can really relate to road, this. I'm a cat person, as well. Different Of Parenting. I'm sometimes surprised just how much genuine love I have for my Siamese, and she is so expressive and amazing to me. She loves to play fetch and she communicates with her paws by tapping people on the nose gently when she wants to be put down. The odd time she will tolerate being held, but she likes it in small doses.

She does come when she's called most of the time, too, which I used to think was impossible for road traveled book, cats. They really are amazing creatures. It's something I don't think people can really understand until they forge a relationship with a pet. The Outsider. I never would have imagined I would end up so crazy about road traveled a cat! I really enjoyed this hub. Does Mean. I can't believe they pulled a bait-and-switch on you guys like that, though! Still, I'm sure Soda Pop was worth any price.

JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Thanks you Flora! I agree that charging people will filter out potentially bad owners. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment! FloraBreenRobison 6 years ago. Any article entitled I love Cats is road less traveled, something I must read. Lovecraft The Outsider. :) Geeko and Soda Pop. :) That reminds me of other cats at the shelter where I adopted Amy-two of them-yes two-were named Pepsi.I wonder if the road book neighbours sold the cats to make sure whoever bought them was serious about what does raising them and traveled, not just in love with the kittens' beauty. Charging people will sometimes weed out g force mean, irresponsible people. Great pictures! JS Matthew 6 years ago from Massachusetts, USA. Smart is Good, that stinks that you couldn't keep the kitten, but it's awesome that you made sure it was safe.

I appreciate your comment. Road Less. Thanks for stopping by! Smart is Good 6 years ago from Lima, Peru. I used to not like cats, until I found a stray kitten. It had been abandoned on the outsider a park and I just couldn't leave him there since it's winter and less traveled book, it was raining that day. I took him home and I fell in love with it, I cuddled at night with the tiny guy and lovecraft, I played with him.

Sadly I couldn't keep him because I own two dogs already and road less, a hamster, all of what g force us living in less traveled book a very small space; but I found him a great home and juliet quotes, I'm happy for him. Although cats are more independent from road traveled us humans; I'd still love to have one in the future. Animals are nature's blessing and they're filled with beauty. Your cats are amazing, I hope you keep sharing your life with them for a long time in the future. JS Matthew 6 years ago from mid term break seamus Massachusetts, USA. Thanks froch!

The fat cat has a very funny personality. He's a bit shy and like to run and hide! Thanks for the comment! Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Order Custom Written Essays Online - The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New - Amazon ca

Custom Essay Writing Service - Publications - M Scott Peck

Robespierre #8211; Evil or Virtuous? Robespierre: Evil or Virtuous? “Virtue, without which terror is road traveled, destructive; terror, without which virtue is impotent” (Zizek). Maximilien Robespierre said this in a speech when people were starting to question his judgment. He believed that to be only virtuous was difficult, and without some terror added in, the lovecraft the outsider, world would go into turmoil as no one would follow their leader. A leader has to be strong and forceful, and sometimes even terrifying to get their point across, or to get people to follow them. Robespierre always wanted what was best for France and was willing to do anything to get it, even if that meant causing harm to the people of France. He felt that as long as the outcome of his hard work came with the results he wanted, anything he did was justified. Despite all the horror of the Reign of Terror, Maximilien Robespierre was a virtuous man. He not only less reacted to the problems in France with determination, but he created a clear program to help France in this troubled time.

He also was the leader of many committees and he established many laws to types, further the French Revolution. Even when some of the people of France started to turn against him, he produced a program to help them, not to harm them. Road Book. Robespierre always had France’s best interests at heart. He never wanted to have to use terror as a means of moving the French Revolution forwards, but he believed it had to happen for the better of greek, France. He was a virtuous man from the beginning right up until the end and for that, he will be well remembered. In 1788, France was in less book turmoil and panic. France was going bankrupt and King Louis had to seamus analysis, deal with disaster after disaster. The coldest winter in the history of France in seventy-nine years fell upon road less traveled the nation. He came in with a calm determination to fix everything and began to make his mark in history. As soon as the summoning of the Estates-General was proclaimed, Robespierre conceived the idea of seeking election. Unlike others who claimed to speak to the whole of France, he thought it better to deal with local matters, thus providing the people with issues of more immediate interest.

Robespierre believed that the Estates were not representative since they were “constituted of a league of a few citizens who had seized power which belongs only to the people” (Matrat 43). He thought that the First Estate held their seats only by virtue of their rank, and not by election and did not believe that this was fair. “By what right have they excluded the cures, the class that is without contradiction the most numerous; the most useful of this body; the most valuable because of the close relationship which binds it to symbolic interaction sociology, the needs and interests of the people” (Matrat 43)? Robespierre went on to consider the composition of the Second Estate and found it no more representative. Less Traveled. As for the Third Estate, he stressed that they represented neither the townspeople nor the country folk. Robespierre also protested strongly against forced labour among the farmers of Hainaut, which brought him the favour of these people as well as respect from many others. Robespierre was also in the National Assembly and was trying his hardest to restore the juliet quotes romeo, rights of road less traveled book, man to his country. During these years, he earned a reputation for religion, integrity and developed eloquence in his speeches that drew increasing attention from the road traveled book, Assembly. Of Parenting Styles. Robespierre proposed the self-denying law which made all the delegates to the first Assembly of 1789 ineligible for the second in road less traveled book 1791 and he also argued that liberty could not be spread by force. The Royal Family of France’s attempted escape on juliet quotes June 20th, 1791 made many people very unhappy with the King. The mob, ever ready to exercise the uncontrolled Rights of Men, made a mock parade of the King’s Arms in the market places, and, dashing them and the figure of a crown to the ground, they trampled upon them, crying out, “Since the traveled, King has abandoned what he owed to his high situation, let us trample upon the ensigns of royalty” (Ascherson 48)! The Royal Family not only lovecraft lost many of its followers through their attempted escape, but also because King Louis XVI kept making bad decisions, ones that had no benefit to France or its people.

The people wanted someone who would lead them into a revolution and change France for the better, not because they wanted the power, but because they believed in France and wanted it to become a great nation. That man was Robespierre, who after the flight of the road traveled book, King followed the Jacobin club in its move toward republicanism. He called for universal male suffrage and the end of property qualifications for voting and office holding (Blumberg 290). Juliet Quotes And Juliet. Robespierre wanted to make France a republic, a government for the people and by the people, a country where everyone had the less book, freedoms and rights they deserved. In January of 1793, Robespierre voted on whether or not he thought that King Louis should be executed for his actions. At the classical, Convention on the trial of the King, he looked towards the judges and road traveled book, stated; Because you have established yourselves the judge of Louis, without the usual forms, are you less his judges? You cannot separate your quality of Judge from that of Legislator.

These two qualities are indivisible. You have acknowledged the crimes of the tyrant. It is your duty to punish them. No consideration should make you hesitate respecting the punishment reserved for the greatest criminal that ever existed. I vote for interaction sociology, the punishment of death (Ascherson 84). Robespierre led the beginning of book, other members of the Assembly leaders voting for classical religion, the Kings death. Out of a total of seven hundred and forty-five members, three hundred and sixty-six voted for King Louis death that was carried out on January 25th, 1793 (Ascherson 86-7). After the road less traveled book, Kings death, Robespierre stood up as the leader of France and the Jacobins and began his attempts to make France the nation he hoped it would someday become. Robespierre accomplished much, establishing many committees and laws to further the French Revolution.

The Declaration of the Rights of Man proclaimed freedom, propriety, the safety of the individual, resistance to oppression, the sovereignty of the quotes and juliet, nation, the participation of all citizens in traveled book the drawing up of laws, and the admission of mid term break heaney, all to situations and honours, with no other distinction than that of their virtues and their talents (Kreis). Robespierre believed in the Declaration and less traveled, was against the establishment of any censorship. There ought to be no compromise in the matter. The freedom of the the outsider, press ought to less traveled book, be established without any reservation. Free men cannot set out their rights in equivocal terms. Freedom of the press is the corollary of freedom of speech. In a free state each citizen is a guardian of freedom, who must shout at juliet and juliet, the smallest rumour, and at road less book, the least sight of any danger which threatens it (Matrat 67). Robespierre argued his beliefs and definition sociology, his dreams not only for himself, but for road traveled, those people who did not have a voice. He argued for the people of France. Through newspapers and classical religion, word of mouth, Robespierre became known as one of the most diligent defenders of the people. He made many speeches and put forth many proposals in the National Assembly that spoke on the changes he wanted to make in France.

One such proposal was to create a tribunal made up of members of the Assembly who would be concerned with “plots and conspiracies against the people and freedom” (Matrat 79). Then the people, certain of the less traveled, punishment of greek religion, its enemies, would feel reassured and would calm down. When Robespierre was elected as the road less, president of the Jacobins in March of 1790 he reacted with determination and a clear program. The nation had to mobilize all its resources for the war against Austria, draft every available man, ration food fix prices and wages, weed out opposition at home, punish slackers, speculators, and food hoarders, and classical greek religion, suspend due process of law to accelerate the less traveled, arrests of greek religion, counterrevolutionaries (Blumberg 291). In April on 1793, the Committee of Public Safety replaced the Committee for General Defence with nine members. The Committee of Public Safety formed to keep chaos from reigning over France as counter-revolutionaries rebelled against the new French government. Soon after the Committee was established, the Convention elected Robespierre to the Committee.

Robespierre wanted to rally the masses to Jacobin doctrines and so he set up three laws to give them substantial advantages. One law set up the sale of the road less traveled, possessions of emigres in small lots, with a period of ten years for symbolic interaction definition, payment to be made. This made it possible for the less wealthy peasants to road traveled book, buy land (Duhaime). Another law provided for the subdivision of interaction definition, communal property in equal portions and the third law abolished hierarchy rights and dues founded on ancient charters. Finally, to cushion the effect of rising prices there was a general increase in the salaries of civil servants (Matrat 204). As Robespierre’s reign went on more and more people started attacking him, believing that he was working against less traveled, the Revolution. Robespierre heard the people whispering about him when they thought he was not listening, but he was listening all the time. In a speech, he announced to everybody that he knew people where against them, but he wanted them to say it to mid term seamus, his face. One man then spoke up against him and accused him. Robespierre looked at the man calmly and did not criticize him, but thanked him. Road Less. “Citizen, you had the courage to what g force, accuse me of wanting to be my country’s enemy, in the face of the traveled, people’s representatives, in this very place where I defended their rights.

I thank you. I recognize in this deed the citizenship that characterizes the famous city that has sent you” (Matrat 175). Robespierre wanted to give the juliet, people a chance to road book, speak their mind, but he always defended himself against the crimes that they claimed he did. When being accused of “having ceaselessly slandered the purest patriots” (Matrat 178), Robespierre came back with a speech that was calm and precise, one that made a strong impression and won him back some of the people of France. While in the Committee of Public Safety, Robespierre continued to prove to the people that he was indeed on their side. He knew that there were some who criticized the committee for its military policy, but also knew that they could only do so with the intention of sociology, embarrassing the government.

I realize that there is a scheme for paralyzing the Committee of Public Safety, by seeming to help it in its work, and that people are trying to vilify the executive power so that they can say that there is no longer an authority in France capable of holding the reins of government. Traveled. The fact is that they want our places. Well, let them take them! I would like to see them, night and lovecraft, day, probing the wounds of the state, and spending their lives in finding a remedy for road traveled, them. Do they want to extenuate out labours, or do they want to lead us to counter-revolution by betraying patriots in the hearts of the mid term heaney, people (Matrat 223)? As always, Robespierre had captivated the crowd and won their applause. He proved that the job he was doing was hard, and that if others wanted to take over, they would not be able too.

They would only lead to the downfall of France. Road Less Book. The war against Austria was over in the spring of lovecraft the outsider, 1794 and the French armies began to come home. Robespierre continued to murder those he thought were against him and France but the people no longer understood his actions. Traveled Book. Up to a certain point the Terror had been justified by reverses in the war, but France was now victorious. Robespierre was being called a tyrant for his murderous ways but he had a different view on the matter. “They call me tyrant. If I were, they would grovel at my feet, I would gorge them with gold, I would give them the right to commit any crime” (Matrat 267). Classical Greek. Even with the people of France turning against him and calling him a tyrant, he continued to do his best to help them. Road Less Traveled Book. Robespierre set up a program for France that included a guarantee of food for everyone at low prices, distribution of does g force mean, land to the poor, public education, social security for the aged, ill and injured, and a progressive income tax (Blumberg 292). Robespierre was the power and change France needed right up until the very end and no matter what the people did to him, said to him, or thought of him, he kept to his goals for France.

Robespierre wanted a revolution, he wanted change and he, without a doubt brought it to France. Less Traveled Book. Of all the mid term break seamus, Chiefs of the different groups which have successively reigned in the volcano of the French Revolution, Robespierre was the man whose Government promised to be the most durable; because he had the traveled, character of being the most incorruptible, and of being the man who had shown the least variation in his conduct (Ascherson 115). Despite all the horror of the greek, Reign of Terror, Maximilien Robespierre was a virtuous man. When France was in turmoil and panic Robespierre came in to fix everything and helped move France forward and less traveled book, push the of parenting styles, Revolution onwards. He was a leader in the Committee of Public Safety and created laws all to try and help France. Even when people started to turn on road him, he put forth a program to try and aid them.

He cared about the people of France, and definition, even France itself as a whole. Robespierre wanted France to change and develop into the country he knew it would someday be and he was willing to do anything to achieve this goal. Haven’t found what you want? 12-22 Newhall St, Birmingham B3 3AS, UK [emailprotected] Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out.

Academic Proofreading - Publications - M Scott Peck

Buy Essay Online at Professional Writing Service - The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New - Amazon ca

10 Most Inspirational Speeches In History. Sometimes in our modern era, it feels like great speechmaking has fallen a bit by the wayside. Road Less Traveled. Watching the recent presidential campaign, I enjoyed some of the speeches I heard, but can I actually cite a single memorable phrase, even though it was only a month ago? I actually can’t—and yet I can recite bits of speeches that were made decades or even centuries ago and which I never got to hear in person. Break Seamus Heaney. Here are my picks for traveled book, 10 of the most inspirational speeches in what, history. Even though these famous speeches were made in other eras, they still move us today.

1. King George VI Coronation Address. King George VI (Photo credit: Wikipedia) King George VI’s radio address to road traveled, the citizens of Great Britain following his emergency ascension to the throne. Lovecraft The Outsider. This speech was not only inspiring because it helped prepare Britain for war with Germany (possibly the only reason we aren’t all wearing Nazi armbands today), but also because he had to overcome his own terror of public speaking to make it. This speech was so inspiring that it resulted in the Academy Award-winning film The King’s Speech , which came out in 2010. 2. Sir Winston Churchill #8220;We Shall Fight Them On The Beaches#8221; Sir Winston Churchill (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Did you know Sir Winston Churchill was also born with a speech impairment?

He overcame it to traveled, become one of the greatest military leaders in history, and inspired Britain to the outsider, forge ahead with the war in the darkest times with many great speeches. Less Traveled Book. His most famous speech was delivered in lovecraft the outsider, the House of Commons on June 4 th , 1940. The speech is known as “We shall fight them on the beaches,” and declared that it the war wouldn#8217;t end without victory. At a time when Britain stood alone against the Nazi empire, it rallied a nation to fight on despite overwhelming odds. 3. John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address. John F. Kennedy (Photo credit: Wikipedia) John F. Kennedy’s inaugural address (“Ask not what your country can do for you”) probably stands as one of the most oft-quoted speeches in history, but there’s good reason for that. It really was tremendously well-written and traveled memorable, imbued with a kind of forward-looking optimism that has become harder and harder to find.

4. Alexander The Great #8220;The Envy Of Those Who Return#8221; Alexander The Great (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Alexander the Great’s speech in seamus, 335 B.C. Sadly none of us will ever actually hear this speech, but the promise that he would make “those who stay the envy of those who return” was very powerful. It’s pretty tough to get anyone excited about continuing to road less book, march into battle when they already have plenty of symbolic interaction sociology, (good) reasons to quit, but he certainly pulled it off. 5. Patrick Henry #8220;Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death#8221; Patrick Henry (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Patrick Henry’s “Give me liberty or give me death!” speech is another one which the history books all remember, and which most of book, us can still remember from high school history lessons. There’s a reason that speech sticks in juliet quotes and juliet, our minds. Road Less. It says in the simplest way possible that there are some things that a free human being can’t stand for, and lovecraft that some things are actually worse than death. How often do you find that level of commitment anywhere?

6. Less Traveled. Jesus Sermon On The Mount. Jesus Sermon On The Mount (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Jesus’ “Sermon on juliet romeo the Mount” speech (“Blessed are the traveled meek for they shall inherit the earth”) is ye. t another speech that none of us will ever get to hear with our ears, but there’s no denying that it was the right place at the right time for this man to deliver words which irrevocably changed the lives of not only romeo and juliet, those who heard it, but the pathways chosen by future generations for thousands of years. 7. Martin Luther King #8220;I Have A Dream#8221; Martin Luther King (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream Speech.” This may very well be the first speech you remember hearing in elementary school; I think I first heard this speech in kindergarten. Less. This speech is often overlooked in symbolic interaction definition sociology, a way however because of road less, its fame; have you ever actually watched it in its entirety? It’s well worth it. 8. Jonathan Edwards Sinners in break heaney analysis, the Hands of an Angry God. Jonathan Edwards (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards may not seem like the road traveled most obvious choice, but it’s the the outsider best example we have of the Great Awakening ideals which made religion more personal in the U.S. Road Traveled. during the 18 th century. This was part of a larger movement toward religious freedom, one which also urged people to take personal responsibility for their actions. 9. Elie Wiesel Perils of Indifference.

Elie Wiesel (Photo credit: veni markovski) Elie Wiesel’s speech against the Perils of Indifference at the turn of the millennium. This speech, like the previous entry, may not seem like an obvious choice, but anyone who has ever suffered because of quotes, indifference knows that indifference can be an less traveled book even greater obstacle to overcome than outright malevolence. In many ways, indifference is break, the opposite road traveled, of inspiration. Inspiration drives us to care about something, but indifference represents the temptation to quotes, care about nothing. Road. There have been many great speeches against lovecraft the outsider, evil, but not too many against indifference.

10. Neil Armstrong Moon Landing. Neil Armstrong (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Neil Armstrong’s “One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind” speech is one of the most inspirational speeches ever delivered because it was the first words spoken on road traveled book the moon—and sadly among the last. Mid Term Heaney Analysis. The era of human exploration seems to have come and gone, and why? Not enough of the kind of larger-than-life inspiration which all these great orators have delivered over the thousands of years of human history. Will we ever hear new words spoken from the Moon, Mars, or another interplanetary body? That probably depends on whether we become inspired as a species again. It’s interesting that if we look back in time and road less think about inspiring speeches, most of the most motivating and compelling examples of the outsider, great oratory work we find happen amid great upheaval during wartime or times of civil strife. Even Neil Armstrong’s speech from the surface of the moon was only road, possible because of the Cold War. Going forward, maybe the what g force biggest thing any of us can realize is that we don’t need strife to road traveled, motivate us — what we really need are people who truly are larger than life, who can be inspired to romeo and juliet, bring beauty and road traveled accomplishment into our lives even in greek, times of mediocrity.

Maybe we’re not currently in the midst of a world war or a cold war, but the indifference Elie Wiesel talked about is road less traveled book, everywhere, and we can all go to war on that just by taking a few minutes out of our day to get inspired. So look up some of the most famous speeches in history! Who knows—one of them might just change the way you look at your own life. I#8217;d have to classical greek religion, disagree with this list. I find it rather odd that someone who might not even have existed, Jesus, is on this list, and one of the most inspirational men of road, all times is not, Bobby Kennedy. What about his Ripple of Hope speech, or Mindless Menace of of parenting styles, Violence or all his other speeches for that matter? I agree those were incredibly inspirational speeches, but there are only 10 spots. Whether not Jesus existed, you would have to agree at less traveled book, least that The Sermon On The Mount has inspired many more people over the course of history than any speech by Bobby Kennedy, as great a man as he was.

My favourite inspirational quote is Patrick Henry#8217;s “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death”, if I had to different types of parenting styles, live without my freedom, it won#8217;t be a life for me so I#8217;d rather die.

Order Quality Essays - The Road Less Traveled by M Scott Peck Animated Book Summary

Buy Essay Online For Cheap - Book review: The Road Less Traveled by M Scott Peck - Citywire

canada in ww1 essay About World War I. T he First World War was truly #145;the Great War#146;. Its origins were complex. Its scale was vast. Its conduct was intense. Its impact on military operations was revolutionary.

Its human and material costs were enormous. And its results were profound. The war was a global conflict. Thirty-two nations were eventually involved. Traveled. Twenty-eight of these constituted the of parenting styles, Allied and Associated Powers, whose principal belligerents were the road traveled book, British Empire, France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, and the United States of America.

They were opposed by the Central Powers: Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany, and the Ottoman Empire. The war began in the Balkan cockpit of competing nationalisms and ancient ethnic rivalries. Hopes that it could be contained there proved vain. Types. Expansion of the war was swift. Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia on 28 July 1914; Germany declared war on Russia on traveled, 1 August. Germany declared war on France on does g force mean, 3 August and invaded Belgium. France was invaded on 4 August. German violation of Belgian neutrality provided the British with a convenient excuse to enter the war on the side of France and Russia the same evening.

Austria-Hungary declared war on Russia on 6 August. Less Traveled. France and Great Britain declared war on Austria-Hungary six days later. The underlying causes of these events have been intensively researched and debated. Modern scholars are less inclined to allocate blame for the outbreak of war than was the case in the past. They have sought instead to understand the fears and ambitions of the governing lites of Europe who took the fateful decisions for war, particularly that of imperial Germany. Fears were more important than ambitions.

Of the powers involved in the outbreak of war, only symbolic interaction definition Serbia had a clear expansionist agenda. Road Less. The French hoped to recover the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine lost to Germany as a result of and juliet, their defeat in the Franco-Prussian War of traveled, 1870-1, but this was regarded as an classical greek, attempt at restitution rather than acquisition. Road Traveled Book. Otherwise, defensive considerations were paramount. The states who embarked on the road to war in 1914 wished to preserve what they had. This included not only their territorial integrity but also their diplomatic alliances and their prestige. These defensive concerns made Europe's statesmen take counsel of their fears and submit to the tyranny of events. The Austrians feared for the survival of their multi-racial Empire if they did not confront the types of parenting styles, threat of Serb nationalism and Panslavism. Road Traveled Book. The Germans feared the consequences to themselves of allowing Austria, their closest and only reliable ally, to be weakened and humiliated. The Russians feared the threat to their prestige and different types of parenting authority as protector of the road, Slavs if they allowed Austria to defeat and humiliate Serbia.

The French feared the superior population numbers, economic resources, and classical religion military strength of their German neighbours. France's principal defence against the threat of German power was its alliance with Russia. This it was imperative to road traveled, defend. The British feared occupation of the what mean, Low Countries by a hostile power, especially a hostile power with a large modern navy. Road Traveled Book. But most of all they feared for the long-term security of their Empire if they did not support France and symbolic interaction definition sociology Russia, their principal imperial rivals, whose goodwill they had been assiduously cultivating for a decade. All governments feared their peoples. Some statesmen welcomed the war in the belief that it would act as a social discipline purging society of dissident elements and encouraging a return to patriotic values. Others feared that it would be a social solvent, dissolving and transforming everything it touched. The process of expansion did not end in August 1914. Other major belligerents took their time and waited upon events. Italy, diplomatically aligned with Germany and Austria since the road traveled book, Triple Alliance of 1882, declared its neutrality on 3 August.

In the following months it was ardently courted by France and Britain. On 23 May 1915 the Italian government succumbed to Allied temptations and declared war on Austria-Hungary in pursuit of territorial aggrandizement in the Trentino. Bulgaria invaded Serbia on 7 October 1915 and sealed that pugnacious country's fate. Serbia was overrun. The road to Constantinople was opened to the Central Powers. Romania prevaricated about which side to join, but finally chose the Allies in August 1916, encouraged by the success of the Russian 'Brusilov Offensive'. It was a fatal miscalculation.

The German response was swift and decisive. Romania was rapidly overwhelmed by two invading German armies and its rich supplies of wheat and oil did much to keep Germany in the war for another two years. Romania joined Russia as the other Allied power to suffer defeat in the war. It was British belligerency, however, which was fundamental in turning a European conflict into a world war. Britain was the world's greatest imperial power. Classical Religion. The British had world-wide interests and world-wide dilemmas. They also had world-wide friends. Germany found itself at war not only with Great Britain but also with the dominions of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa and less traveled book with the greatest British imperial possession, India. Concern for the defence of India helped bring the British into conflict with the Ottoman Empire in November 1914 and resulted in a major war in the Middle East. Most important of all, perhaps, Britain's close political, economic, and cultural ties with the United States of America, if they did not ensure that nation's eventual entry into classical religion the war, certainly made it possible.

The American declaration of war on Germany on 6 April 1917 was a landmark not only in the history of the United States but also in that of Europe and the world, bringing to an end half a millennium of European domination and ushering in 'the American century'. The geographical scale of the conflict meant that it was not one war but many. On the Western Front in France and Belgium the French and their British allies, reinforced from 1917 onwards by the Americans, were locked in road less, a savage battle of attrition against the German army. Here the war became characterized by classical greek religion, increasingly elaborate and sophisticated trench systems and field fortifications. Dense belts of barbed wire, concrete pillboxes, intersecting arcs of road, machine-gun fire, and accumulating masses of symbolic interaction sociology, quick-firing field and heavy artillery rendered man#156;uvre virtually impossible.

Casualties were enormous. The first phase of the war in the west lasted until November 1914. This witnessed Germany's attempt to defeat France through an enveloping movement round the road less, left flank of the French armies. The plan met with initial success. The advance of the German armies through Belgium and northern France was dramatic. The French, responding with an offensive in lovecraft, Lorraine, suffered an almost catastrophic national defeat.

France was saved by less traveled book, the iron nerve of its commander-in-chief, General J. J. C. Lovecraft. Joffre, who had not only the intelligence but also the strength of character to extricate himself from the traveled, ruin of his plans and order the historic counter-attack against interaction the German right wing, the 'miracle of the book, Marne'. The German armies were forced to retreat and to entrench. Their last attempt at a breakthrough was stopped by lovecraft the outsider, French and British forces near the small Flemish market town of Ypres in November. By Christmas 1914 trench lines stretched from the Belgian coast to the Swiss frontier. Although the events of 1914 did not result in a German victory, they left the Germans in a very strong position. The German army held the strategic initiative. It was free to retreat to positions of tactical advantage and to reinforce them with all the skill and ingenuity of German military engineering. Enormous losses had been inflicted on France. Two-fifths of road less traveled, France's military casualties were incurred in 1914. These included a tenth of the officer corps.

German troops occupied a large area of northern France, including a significant proportion of French industrial capacity and mineral wealth. These realities dominated the second phase of the war in the west. This lasted from November 1914 until March 1918. Interaction Definition. It was characterized by the unsuccessful attempts of the French and book their British allies to evict the German armies from French and Belgian territory. During this period the Germans stood mainly on juliet quotes, the defensive, but they showed during the Second Battle of Ypres (22 April-25 May 1915), and more especially during the Battle of Verdun (21 February-18 December 1916), a dangerous capacity to disrupt their enemies' plans. The French made three major assaults on the German line: in the spring of 1915 in Artois; in the autumn of traveled, 1915 in Champagne; and in the spring of 1917 on different types of parenting, the Aisne (the 'Nivelle Offensive'). These attacks were characterized by the intensity of the fighting and the absence of achievement. Little ground was gained. No positions of strategic significance were captured. Casualties were severe. Road Less. The failure of the Nivelle Offensive led to a serious breakdown of morale in the French army.

For much of the rest of 1917 it was incapable of major offensive action. The British fared little better. Although their armies avoided mutiny they came no closer to juliet romeo, breaching the German line. Less Book. During the battles of the Somme (1 July19 November 1916) and the Third Battle of Ypres (31 July-12 November 1917) they inflicted great losses on mid term, the German army at great cost to themselves, but the German line held and no end to the war appeared in sight. The final phase of the war in the west lasted from 21 March until 11 November 1918. This saw Germany once more attempt to achieve victory with a knock-out blow and once more fail. The German attacks used sophisticated new artillery and infantry tactics.

They enjoyed spectacular success. Less. The British 5th Army on the Somme suffered a major defeat. But the British line held in front of Amiens and later to the north in front of Ypres. No real strategic damage was done. By midsummer the German attacks had petered out. The German offensive broke the greek, trench deadlock and returned movement and man#156;uvre to the strategic agenda. It also compelled closer Allied military co-operation under a French generalissimo, General Ferdinand Foch. Road Traveled Book. The Allied counter-offensive began in July. At the Battle of Amiens, on 8 August, the British struck the German army a severe blow.

For the rest of the war in romeo and juliet, the west the Germans were in retreat. On the Eastern Front in Galicia and road traveled book Russian Poland the Germans and their Austrian allies fought the gallant but disorganized armies of Russia. Here the distances involved were very great. Artillery densities were correspondingly less. Man#156;uvre was always possible and cavalry could operate effectively. Different Types Of Parenting. This did nothing to lessen casualties, which were greater even than those on the Western Front.

The war in the east was shaped by German strength, Austrian weakness, and Russian determination. Traveled. German military superiority was apparent from the start of the war. The Russians suffered two crushing defeats in 1914, at Tannenberg (26-31 August) and the Masurian Lakes (5-15 September). These victories ensured the security of Germany's eastern frontiers for the rest of the war. Quotes. They also established the military legend of Field-Marshal Paul von Hindenburg and General Erich Ludendorff, who emerged as principal directors of the German war effort in road traveled, the autumn of 1916. By September 1915 the Russians had been driven out of Poland, Lithuania, and Courland.

Austro-German armies occupied Warsaw and the Russian frontier fortresses of Ivangorod, Kovno, Novo-Georgievsk, and Brest-Litovsk. These defeats proved costly to Russia. They also proved costly to Austria. Austria had a disastrous war. Italian entry into symbolic interaction definition sociology the war compelled the Austrians to fight an three fronts: against Serbia in the Balkans; against Russia in Galicia; against road less traveled book Italy in the Trentino.

This proved too much for Austrian strength. Their war effort was characterized by does, dependency on Germany. Germans complained that they were shackled to the 'Austrian corpse'. The war exacerbated the Austro-Hungarian Empire's many ethnic and national tensions. By 1918 Austria was weary of the road, war and desperate for peace. This had a major influence on the German decision to lovecraft the outsider, seek a victory in the west in the spring of 1918. Perceptions of the road less traveled, Russian war effort have been overshadowed by the October Revolution of 1917 and by Bolshevik 'revolutionary defeatism' which acquiesced in the punitive Treaty of lovecraft the outsider, Brest-Litovsk (14 March 1918) and took Russia out of the war.

This has obscured the road less traveled book, astonishing Russian determination to keep faith with the Franco-British alliance. Without the Russian contribution in quotes and juliet, the east it is far from certain that Germany could have been defeated in road less traveled, the west. The unhesitating Russian willingness to aid their western allies is nowhere more apparent than in the 'Brusilov Offensive' (June-September 1916), which resulted in the capture of the Bukovina and large parts of Galicia, as well as 350,000 Austrian prisoners, but at a cost to Russia which ultimately proved mortal. In southern Europe the Italian army fought eleven indecisive battles in an attempt to dislodge the classical, Austrians from their mountain strongholds beyond the road less, Isonzo river. In October 1917 Austrian reinforcement by seven German divisions resulted in a major Italian defeat at Caporetto. Mid Term Break Seamus Analysis. The Italians were pushed back beyond the Piave. This defeat produced changes in the Italian high command. During 1918 Italy discovered a new unity of purpose and a greater degree of organization. Less Book. On 24 October 1918 Italian and British forces recrossed the Piave and split the Austrian armies in two at Vittorio Veneto.

Austrian retreat turned into rout and then into surrender. In the Balkans the Serbs fought the Austrians and Bulgarians, suffering massive casualties, including the highest proportion of servicemen killed of any belligerent power. In October 1915 a Franco-British army was sent to Macedonia to operate against the Bulgarians. It struggled to the outsider, have any influence on the war. Road. The Germans mocked it and declared Salonika to be the biggest internment camp in Europe, but the French and British eventually broke out of the malarial plains into of parenting styles the mountainous valleys of the less book, Vardar and Struma rivers before inflicting defeat on Bulgaria in mid term seamus heaney, the autumn of 1918. In the Middle East British armies fought the less book, Turks in a major conflict with far-reaching consequences. Here the war was characterized by the doggedness of Turkish resistance and by the constant struggle against climate, terrain, and disease. The British attempted to lovecraft the outsider, knock Turkey out of the war with an road less, attack on the Gallipoli peninsula in April 1915, but were compelled to withdraw at the end of the year, having failed to break out from their narrow beach-heads in the face of stubborn Turkish resistance, coordinated by a German general, Liman von Sanders. The British also suffered another humiliating reverse in Mesopotamia when a small army commanded by Major-General C. V. F. Lovecraft The Outsider. Townshend advanced to Ctesiphon but outran its supplies and was compelled to surrender at Kut-al-Amara in April 1916.

Only after the appointment of Sir Stanley Maude to the command of British forces in Mesopotamia did Britain's superior military and less book economic strength begin to assert itself. Classical. Maude's forces captured Baghdad in March 1917, the first clear-cut British victory of the war. The following June General Sir Edmund Allenby was appointed to command British forces in Egypt. He captured Jerusalem by Christmas and in September 1918 annihilated Turkish forces in Palestine. Turkey surrendered on 31 October 1918. The war also found its way to tropical Africa. Road. Germany's colonies in West and south-west Africa succumbed to British and South African forces by the spring of 1915. In East Africa, however, a German army of locally raised black African soldiers commanded by Colonel Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck conducted a brilliant guerrilla campaign, leading over 100,000 British and South African troops a merry dance through the break analysis, bush and surrendering only after the defeat of Germany in Europe became known. On and under the oceans of the world, Great Britain and Germany contested naval supremacy. Surface battles took place in the Pacific, the traveled, south Atlantic, and g force the North Sea.

The British generally had the better of these despite suffering some disappointments, notably at Coronel (1 November 1914) and Jutland (31 May-1 June 1916), the only major fleet engagement, during which Admiral Sir John Jellicoe failed to deliver the less traveled book, expected Nelsonic victory of the outsider, total annihilation. Submarine warfare took place in the North Sea, the Black Sea, the Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and the Baltic. German resort to unrestricted submarine warfare (February 1917) brought Britain to the verge of ruin. German violation of less, international law and different styles sinking of American ships also helped bring the United States into the war on road traveled, the Allied side. The British naval blockade of Germany, massively reinforced by the Americans from April 1917, played an important role in German defeat. The geographical scale of the conflict made it very difficult for political and military leaders to control events. Lovecraft The Outsider. The obligations of coalition inhibited strategic independence. Short-term military needs often forced the great powers to allow lesser states a degree of licence they would not have enjoyed in peacetime. Governments' deliberate arousal of popular passions made suggestions of compromise seem treasonable. The ever-rising cost of the military means inflated the political ends. Hopes of road less, a peaceful new world order began to replace old diplomatic abstractions such as 'the balance of power'.

Rationality went out of season. War aims were obscured. Strategies were distorted. Great Britain entered the war on proclaimed principles of international law and in defence of the rights of small nations. By 1918 the British government was pursuing a Middle Eastern policy of naked imperialism (in collaboration with the French), while simultaneously encouraging the aspirations of Arab nationalism and promising support for the establishment of break analysis, a Jewish national home in Palestine. Less Book. It was truly a war of illusions.

Europe's political and military leaders have been subjected to much retrospective criticism for their belief that the #145;war would be over by Christmas'. This belief was not based on complacency. Even those who predicted with chilling accuracy the murderous nature of First World War battlefields, such as the Polish banker Jan Bloch, expected the war to be short. This was because they also expected it to be brutal and classical religion costly, in both blood and treasure. No state could be expected to sustain such a war for very long without disastrous consequences.

The war which gave the traveled, lie to these assumptions was the American Civil War. This had been studied by of parenting, European military observers at close quarters. Most, however, dismissed it. This was particularly true of the Prussians. Their own military experience in the wars against Austria (1866) and France (1870-1) seemed more relevant and compelling. These wars were both short. Road Less Traveled. They were also instrumental.

In 1914 the Germans sought to replicate the success of their Prussian predecessors. They aimed to fight a 'cabinet war' on the Bismarckian model. To do so they developed a plan of breath-taking recklessness which depended on the ability of the symbolic definition sociology, German army to less, defeat France in the thirty-nine days allowed for a war in classical greek, the west. Strategic conduct of the First World War was dominated by German attempts to achieve victory through knock-out blows. Erich von Falkenhayn, German commander-in-chief from September 1914 until August 1916, was almost alone in less traveled, his belief that Germany could obtain an lovecraft the outsider, outcome to less traveled, the war satisfactory to its interests and those of its allies without winning smashing victories of total annihilation. His bloody attempt to win the war by attrition at Verdun in 1916 did little to lovecraft the outsider, recommend the strategy to his fellow countrymen. The preference for knock-out blows remained. It was inherited from traveled book German history and was central to greek religion, Germany's pre-war planning. Pre-war German strategy was haunted by the fear of a war on less, two fronts, against France in the west and Russia in what does g force, the east. The possibility of a diplomatic solution to this dilemma was barely considered by the military-dominated German government. A military solution was sought instead.

The German high command decided that the less book, best form of symbolic definition, defence was attack. They would avoid a war on two fronts by knocking out road less one of their enemies before the other could take the field. Of Parenting Styles. The enemy with the slowest military mobilization was Russia. The French army would be in the field first. France was therefore chosen to receive the road less traveled, first blow. Once France was defeated the German armies would turn east and defeat Russia. The Schlieffen Plan rested on two assumptions: that it would take the Russians six weeks to put an interaction definition sociology, army into the field; and that six weeks was long enough to road traveled, defeat France. By 1914 the first assumption was untrue: Russia put an army into the field in fifteen days. The second assumption left no margin for error, no allowance for the inevitable friction of war, and was always improbable. The failure of the Schlieffen Plan gave the First World War its essential shape.

This was maintained by the enduring power of the German army, which was, in John Terraine's phrase, 'the motor of the war'. The German army was a potent instrument. It had played a historic role in the emergence of the German state. It enjoyed enormous prestige. It was able to recruit men of talent and dedication as officers and NCOs. As a result it was well trained and well led.

It had the political power to command the resources of Germany's powerful industrial economy. Germany's position at the heart of Europe meant that it could operate on mid term, interior lines of communication in a European war. The efficient German railway network permitted the movement of German troops quickly from front to front. The superior speed of the locomotive over book, the ship frustrated Allied attempts to types styles, use their command of the sea to operate effectively against the periphery of the Central Powers. The power of the German army was the fundamental strategic reality of the less, war. 'We cannot hope to win this war until we have defeated the German army,' wrote the commander-in-chief of the British Expeditionary Force, Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig. This was a judgement whose consequences some Allied political leaders were reluctant to embrace. The German army suffered from two important strategic difficulties. The first of these was the inability of the German political system to forge appropriate instruments of romeo, strategic control. The second was Great Britain. German government rested on the tortured personality of the less traveled book, Kaiser.

It was riven by intrigue and indecision. The kind of centralized decision-making structures which eventually evolved in classical greek religion, Britain and France (though not in Russia) failed to evolve in Germany. When the Kaiser proved incapable of coordinating German strategy, he was replaced not by traveled book, a system but by other individuals, seemingly more effective. Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg radiated calm and inspired confidence. Different Of Parenting Styles. This gave him the appearance of traveled book, a great man but without the lovecraft, substance. General Erich Ludendorff was a military technocrat of outstanding talent, but he was highly strung and without political judgement.

In 1918 his offensive strategy brought Germany to ruin. The failure to develop effective mechanisms of less traveled book, strategic control applied equally to the Austro-German alliance. The Austrians depended on German military and economic strength, but the Germans found it difficult to turn this into 'leverage'. Juliet Romeo. Austria was willing to take German help but not German advice. Only after the crushing reverses inflicted by Brusilov's offensive did the Austrians submit to German strategic direction. By then it was almost certainly too late.

Germany's pre-war strategic planning was based entirely on winning a short war. British belligerency made this unlikely. The British were a naval rather than a military power. They could not be defeated by the German army, at least not quickly. Book. The British could, if necessary, hold out even after their Continental allies had been defeated. They might even have chosen to greek religion, do this. They had in road less traveled, the past and they would again in the not-too-distant future. The German navy was too weak to defeat the British, but large enough to make them resentful and suspicious of German policy; it ought never to have been built. British entry into juliet quotes and juliet the war dramatically shifted the economic balance in favour of the book, Allies. Britain was one of the world's great industrial powers. Seventy-five per cent of the world's shipping was British built and much of it British owned.

London was the world's greatest money and commodities market. British access to world supplies of food and credit and to imperial resources of manpower made them a formidable enemy, despite the religion, 'contemptible little army' which was all they could put into the field on the outbreak of war. From about mid-1916 onwards British economic, industrial, and manpower resources began to be fully mobilized. Germany was forced for the first time to confront the less, reality of material inferiority. Germany had increasingly to fight a war of juliet quotes and juliet, scarcity, the Allies increasingly a war of abundance.

French strategy was dominated by the German occupation of much of road traveled book, northern France and most of Belgium. At its closest point the German line was less than 40 miles from Paris. Juliet Quotes Romeo And Juliet. A cautious, defensive strategy was politically unacceptable and psychologically impossible, at least during the first three years of the war. During 1914 and 1915 France sacrificed enormous numbers of men in the attempt to evict the Germans. This was followed by the torment of Verdun, where the road traveled, Germans deliberately attempted to 'bleed France white'. French fears of military inferiority were confirmed.

If France was to prevail its allies would have to contribute in kind. For the British this was a radical departure from the historic norm and one which has appalled them ever since. British strategy became increasingly subordinated to juliet and juliet, the needs of the road less traveled, Franco-British alliance. The British fought the war as they had to, not as they wanted to. The British way in classical greek, warfare envisaged a largely naval war. A naval blockade would weaken Germany economically.

If the German navy chose not to break the stranglehold Germany would lose the war. Road Traveled Book. If it did choose to fight it would be annihilated. British maritime superiority would be confirmed. Neutral opinion would be cowed. Fresh allies would be encouraged into the fight.

The blockade would be waged with greater ruthlessness. Military operations would be confined to the dispatch of a small professional expeditionary force to help the French. Remaining military forces would be employed on the periphery of the Central Powers remote from the German army, where it was believed they would exercise a strategic influence out of all proportion to their size. The British never really fought the war they envisaged. The branch of the British army which sent most observers to the American Civil War was the Corps of Royal Engineers. And it was a Royal Engineers' officer, Lord Kitchener, who was one of the few European political and military leaders to recognize that the juliet quotes, war would be long and require the complete mobilization of national resources. Kitchener was appointed Secretary of State for War on road traveled, 5 August 1914. He doubted whether the French and the Russians were strong enough to defeat Germany without massive British military reinforcement. He immediately sought to mid term seamus heaney analysis, raise a mass citizen army. There was an overwhelming popular response to his call to arms.

Kitchener envisaged this new British army taking the field in road traveled, 1917 after the greek religion, French and Russian armies had rendered the German army ripe for defeat. They would be 'the last million men'. They would win the road less, war and decide the peace. For the British a satisfactory peace would be one which guaranteed the long-term security of the British Empire. This security was threatened as much by Britain's allies, France and Russia, as it was by Germany. It was imperative not only that the Allies win the war but also that Britain emerge from it as the dominant power.

Kitchener's expectations were disappointed. By 1916 it was the French army which was ripe for defeat, not the German. But the obligations of the French alliance were inescapable. The British could not afford to acquiesce in a French defeat. French animosity and resentment would replace the valuable mutual understanding which had been achieved in the decade before the war. The French had a great capacity for making imperial mischief. Lovecraft. And so did the Russians. If they were abandoned they would have every reason for doing so. There seemed no choice.

The ill-trained and ill-equipped British armies would have to take the field before they were ready and be forced to take a full part in the attrition of German military power. The casualties which this strategy of 'offensive attrition' involved were unprecedented in British history. They were also unacceptable to some British political leaders. Winston Churchill and David Lloyd George (Prime Minister from December 1916), in particular, were opposed to the British army 'chewing barbed wire' on the Western Front. They looked to use it elsewhere, against Germany's allies in the eastern Mediterranean, the Middle East, and the Balkans. Their attempts to do this were inhibited by the need to keep France in the war. This could only be done in France and by fighting the German army. They were also inhibited by the war's operational and tactical realities. These imposed themselves on Gallipoli and in Salonika and in Italy just as they did on the Western Front. Attempts to less traveled book, implement an Allied grand strategy enjoyed some success.

Allied political and military leaders met regularly. At Chantilly in December 1915 and December 1916 they determined to stretch the German army to its limits by simultaneous offensive action on the western, eastern, and Italian fronts. A Supreme Allied War Council was established at Versailles on 27 November 1917, and was given the power to control Allied reserves. Franco-British co-operation was especially close. This was largely a matter of practical necessity which relied on the mutual respect and understanding between French and British commanders-in-chief on the Western Front. Different Types Of Parenting. The system worked well until the German Spring Offensive of 1918 threatened to divide the Allies. Only then was it replaced by a more formal structure.

But not even this attained the road traveled, levels of joint planning and control which became a feature of Anglo-American co-operation in the Second World War. Allied grand strategy was conceptually sound. The problems which it encountered were not principally ones of different types of parenting styles, planning or of co-ordination but of performance. Less Traveled. Achieving operational effectiveness on the battlefield was what was difficult. This has given the war, especially the does, war in the west, its enduring image of boneheaded commanders wantonly sacrificing the lives of road traveled book, their men in fruitless pursuit of impossibly grandiose strategic designs. The battlefields of the First World War were the product of a century of economic, social, and political change.

Europe in 1914 was more populous, more wealthy, and more coherently organized than ever before. Different Types Of Parenting Styles. The rise of nationalism gave states unprecedented legitimacy and traveled book authority. This allowed them to demand greater sacrifices from what mean their civilian populations. Improvements in agriculture reduced the numbers needed to road book, work on the land and mid term seamus heaney provided a surplus of males of traveled book, military age. They also allowed larger and larger armies to be fed and kept in the field for years at a time. Changes in administrative practice brought about by the electric telegraph, the telephone, the typewriter, and the growth of types of parenting, railways allowed these armies to be assembled and deployed quickly. Industrial technology provided new weapons of unprecedented destructiveness.

Quick-firing rifled cannon, breech-loading magazine rifles, and road less machine-guns transformed the range, rapidity, accuracy, and deadliness of military firepower. They also ensured that in any future war, scientists, engineers, and mechanics would be as important as soldiers. These changes did much to mid term break seamus heaney analysis, make the First World War the first 'modern war'. But it did not begin as one. The fact of a firepower revolution was understood in most European armies. The consequences of it were not. Road Book. The experience of the Russo-Japanese War (1904-5) appeared to offer a human solution to the problems of the technological battlefield.

Victory would go to the side with the best-trained, most disciplined army, commanded by generals of iron resolution, prepared to mid term seamus, maintain the offensive in the face of huge losses. As a result the opening battles of the war were closer in conception and execution to those of the Napoleonic era than to the battles of 1916 onwards. It is difficult to say exactly when 'modern' war began, but it was apparent by the end of 1915 that pre-war assumptions were false. Well-trained, highly disciplined French, German, and road less book Russian soldiers of high morale were repeatedly flung into battle by commanders of iron resolve. The results were barren of strategic achievement. The human costs were immense. The 'human solution' was not enough. The search for a technological solution was inhibited not only by the tenacity of pre-war concepts but also by the limitations of the juliet romeo and juliet, technology itself. The principal instrument of traveled book, education was artillery.

And the mode of instruction was experience. Shell-fire was merciless to troops in the open. The Outsider. The response was to get out of the open and into the ground. Soldiers did not dig trenches out of perversity in order to be cold, wet, rat-infested, and lice-ridden. They dug them in order to survive. The major tactical problem of the road traveled, war became how to break these trench lines once they were established and reinforced. For much of the lovecraft, war artillery lacked the ability to find enemy targets, to hit them accurately, and to destroy them effectively. Contemporary technology failed to provide a man-portable wireless.

Communication for most of the war was dependent on telephone or telegraph wires. These were always broken by shell-fire and difficult to protect. Artillery and infantry commanders were rarely in voice communication and both usually lacked 'real time' intelligence of battlefield events; First World War infantry commanders could not easily call down artillery fire when confronted by an enemy obstruction. As a result the coordination of infantry and artillery was very difficult and often impossible. Road Less Book. Infantry commanders were forced to fall back on their own firepower and what this was often inadequate.

The infantry usually found itself with too much to do, and paid a high price for its weakness. Artillery was not only a major part of the problem, however. It was also a major part of the solution. During 1918 Allied artillery on the western front emerged as a formidable weapon. Target acquisition was transformed by aerial photographic reconnaissance and the sophisticated techniques of flash-spotting and sound-ranging. These allowed mathematically predicted fire, or map-shooting. Road Less Traveled. The pre-registration of guns on enemy targets by actual firing was no longer necessary. The possibility of surprise returned to the battlefield.

Accuracy was greatly improved by maintaining operating histories for individual guns. Battery commanders were supplied with detailed weather forecasts every four hours. Each gun could now be individually calibrated according to its own peculiarities and the outsider according to wind speed and direction, temperature, and humidity. All types and road traveled calibres of guns, including heavy siege howitzers whose steep angle of fire was especially effective in trench warfare, became available in virtually unlimited numbers. Munitions were also improved. Juliet Romeo And Juliet. Poison gas shells became available for the first time in large numbers.

High explosive replaced shrapnel, a devastating anti-personnel weapon but largely ineffective against the earthworks, barbed wire entanglements, and concrete machine-gun emplacements which the infantry had to assault. Road Less. Instantaneous percussion fuses concentrated the explosive effect of shells more effectively against barbed wire and mean reduced the cratering of the battlefield which had often rendered the forward movement of supplies and reinforcements difficult if not impossible. Artillery-infantry co-operation was radically improved by road book, aerial fire control. The tactical uses to which this destructive instrument were put also changed. In 1915, 1916, and for much of 1917 artillery was used principally to kill enemy soldiers. It always did so, sometimes in large numbers. But it always spared some, even in front-line trenches.

These were often enough, as during the first day of the Battle of the Somme (1 July 1916), to inflict disastrous casualties on attacking infantry and mid term break seamus analysis bring an entire offensive to a halt. Road Less Traveled. From the autumn of 1917 and during 1918, however, artillery was principally used to juliet quotes romeo, suppress enemy defences. Road Less Traveled. Command posts, telephone exchanges, crossroads, supply dumps, forming-up areas, and gun batteries were targeted. Mid Term Break Seamus Heaney. Effective use was made of poison gas, both lethal and lachrymatory, and smoke. The aim was to book, disrupt the enemy's command and control system and keep his soldiers' heads down until attacking infantry could close with them and different bring their own firepower to bear.

The attacking infantry were also transformed. In 1914 the British soldier went to war dressed like a gamekeeper in a soft cap, armed only less book with rifle and bayonet. In 1918 he went into battle dressed like an industrial worker in a steel helmet, protected by classical, a respirator against poison gas, armed with automatic weapons and mortars, supported by tanks and ground-attack aircraft, and preceded by a creeping artillery barrage of crushing intensity. Firepower replaced manpower as the instrument of victory. This represented a revolution in the conduct of traveled, war. The ever-increasing material superiority of the juliet and juliet, western Allies confronted the German army with major problems. Its response was organizational. Less Book. As early as 1915 even the interaction sociology, weakly armed British proved that they could always break into the German front-line trenches. The solution was to deepen the road book, trench system and limit the number of infantry in the front line, where they were inviting targets for enemy artillery. Quotes Romeo And Juliet. The burden of defence rested on machine-gunners carefully sited half a mile or so behind the front line.

From the autumn of 1916 the Germans took these changes to their logical conclusion by instituting a system of 'elastic defence in depth'. The German front line was sited where possible on a reverse slope to make enemy artillery observation difficult. A formal front-line trench system was abandoned. Less Traveled Book. The German first line consisted of machine-gunners located in shell-holes, difficult to detect from the air. Their job was to disrupt an enemy infantry assault. This would then be drawn deep into the German position, beyond the supporting fire of its own guns, where it would be counter-attacked and destroyed by the bulk of the what, German infantry and artillery.

This system allowed the Germans to survive against an Allied manpower superiority of road less, more than 3:2 on the Western Front throughout 1917 and to inflict significant losses on their enemies. The German system required intelligent and well-trained as well as brave soldiers to make it work. An increasing emphasis was placed on individual initiative, surprise, and speed. In 1918 specially trained #145;stormtroops', supported by a hurricane bombardment designed to disrupt their enemies' lines of communication and what does mean their command and control systems, were ordered to bypass points of resistance and advance deep into the enemy's rear. The success they enjoyed was dramatic, and much greater than anything achieved by the French and British, but it was not enough. Attacking German infantry could not maintain the momentum and inflict upon enemy commanders the kind of moral paralysis achieved by German armoured forces in 1940. The Allied line held and exhausted German infantry were eventually forced back by the accumulating weight and increasing sophistication of Allied material technology. The material solution to the problems of the First World War battlefield, favoured by the western Allies, was not in the gift of soldiers alone.

It depended on the ability of the armes' host societies to produce improved military technology in road less, ever-greater amounts. This, in turn, depended on the effectiveness of their political institutions and the quality of interaction definition, their civilian morale. It was a contest at which the liberal democracies of road book, France and classical greek Great Britain (and eventually the road less traveled, United States of America) proved more adept than the of parenting styles, authoritarian regimes of Austria-Hungary, Germany, and Russia. The 'modern war' fought from 1916 onwards resolved itself simply into a demand for more: more men, more weapons, more ammunition, more money, more skills, more morale, more food. Some of the demands were contradictory. More men meant more men for the armies and more men for the factories.

Balancing the competing demands was never easy. 'Manpower' (a word first coined in 1915) became central to the war effort of all states. The Allies were in a much stronger position than Germany. They had access not only to their home populations but also to those of their empires. 630,000 Canadians, 412,000 Australians, 136,000 South Africans, and 130,000 New Zealanders served in the British army during the war. Very large numbers of Indian troops (800,000 in Mesopotamia alone) and a small number of Africans (perhaps 50,000) also served. (The British also employed several hundred thousand Chinese labourers to work on their lines of communication.) The French recruited some 600,000 combat troops from North and West Africa and a further 200,000 labourers. Road Less Book. And of course there were the Americans. American troops arrived in France at the rate of 150,000 a month in 1918. Truly the juliet quotes romeo, new world had come in to redress the balance of the old. The British and French were particularly successful in mobilizing their economies. Road Book. In Britain this had much to sociology, do with the work of David Lloyd George as Minister of Munitions (May 1915-July 1916).

The grip of the skilled trade unions on industrial processes was relaxed. Ancient lines of road less traveled book, demarcation were blurred. Women replaced men in the factories. Research and development were given a proper place in industrial strategy. Prodigies of production were achieved.

On 10 March 1915, at the Battle of Neuve Chapelle, the British Expeditionary Force struggled to accumulate enough shells for half an hour's bombardment. In the autumn of 1918 its 18-pounder field guns were firing a minimum of 100,000 rounds a day. The French performance was, in many ways, even more impressive, given that so much of their industrial capacity was in German hands. Not only classical greek religion did the French economy supply the French army with increasing amounts of less book, old and what does g force mean new weaponry, but it also supplied most of the traveled book, American Expeditionary Force's artillery and aeroplanes. The French aircraft industry was, arguably, the best in Europe and provided some of the mean, leading aircraft of the less traveled book, war, including the Nieuport and the SPAD VII.

Morale was also a key factor. All sides tried to explain and justify the war and used increasingly refined techniques of propaganda to maintain commitment to the cause. Classical Greek Religion. Giving the impression of road less book, adversity shared equally among the classes became a key theme. One of the major threats to this was the equality of lovecraft the outsider, access to road, food supplies. In Germany this proved increasingly difficult to maintain. Morale deteriorated and industrial efficiency suffered as a result. British agriculture did not perform particularly well during the war, but British maritime superiority and mid term break heaney financial power allowed them to command the agricultural resources of North and South America and road less book Australasia. Food was one of the juliet quotes romeo and juliet, Allies#146; principal war-winning weapons. The degree of active resistance to road less traveled book, the war was low in most countries. Classical Religion. But war-weariness set in everywhere by 1917.

There were many strikes and much industrial unrest. In Russia this was severe enough to produce a revolution and then a Bolshevik coup d#146;tat which took Russia out of the war in 1918. The social consequences of this mass mobilization were less spectacular than is sometimes claimed. There were advances for the organized working class, especially its trade unions, especially in road less traveled, Britain, and juliet romeo and juliet arguably for women, but the working class of Europe paid a high price on the battlefield for social advances at home. Road Book. And in the defeated states there was very little social advance anyway. The First World War redrew the map of Europe and the Middle East. Four great empires, the Romanov, the Hohenzollern, the Habsburg, and the Ottoman, were defeated and collapsed. They were replaced by a number of weak and sometimes avaricious successor states. Russia underwent a bloody civil war before the establishment of a Communist Soviet Union which put it beyond the pale of European diplomacy for what g force a generation. Germany became a republic branded at its birth with the stigma of defeat, increasingly weakened by the burden of Allied reparations and by inflation. France recovered the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine, but continued to be haunted by traveled, fear and symbolic interaction sociology loathing of book, Germany.

Italy was disappointed by the territorial rewards of its military sacrifice. This provided fertile soil for juliet romeo and juliet Mussolini's Fascists, who had overthrown parliamentary democracy by 1924. The British maintained the road traveled, integrity and independence of Belgium. They also acquired huge increases in imperial territory and imperial obligation. But they did not achieve the security for the Empire which they sought. The white dominions were unimpressed by the quality of British military leadership. The First World War saw them mature as independent nations seeking increasingly to interaction definition sociology, go their own way. The stirrings of revolt in India were apparent as soon as the war ended. In 1922 the British were forced, under American pressure, to abandon the Anglo-Japanese alliance, so useful to them in protecting their Far Eastern empire. They were also forced to accept naval parity with the Americans and a bare superiority over the Japanese. 'This is not a peace,' Marshal Foch declared in 1919, 'but an armistice for twenty-five years.' The cost of road traveled, all this in types styles, human terms was 8.5 million dead and 21 million wounded out of some 65 million men mobilized.

The losses among particular groups, especially young, educated middle-class males, were often severe, but the demographic shape of Europe was not fundamentally changed. The real impact was moral. The losses struck a blow at European self-confidence and pretension to superior civilization. Road Less. It was a blow, perhaps, whose consequences have not even now fully unfolded. From The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern War . Lovecraft The Outsider. Ed. Charles Townshend. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1997.

Copyright © 1997 by traveled, Oxford University Press.