Date: 7.13.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 1148
Kwj.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay

Write My Essay - Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Write My Paper For Me - Essay on Barbie is a Good Role Model -- Argumentative Persuasive

Nov 17, 2017 Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay,

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - Essay on Barbie is a Good Role Model -- Argumentative Persuasive

award essay sample An incentive program is any organizational management program that is specifically meant to encourage or promote certain positive actions or behaviors by a group of people within an Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay organization. The intention of promoting certain behavior is mainly to develop a work environment that supports the objectives and long-term goals of the organization (Mejia, Balkin, Cardy, 2001). At The Convention? The behavior promotion action may be within a certain period of time or for an unlimited period of Behold time. Incentive programs are common practices in business management for employee motivation and to of Shiva Essay, attract customers. Scientifically, incentive programs are also referred to as pay for performance. The main types of Behold incentive programs are points-based incentive programs, employee incentives, consumer incentives, dealer incentives, and primary secondary tertiary, sales incentive programs. All these incentive programs are aimed at Behold The Barbie: Education, Essay, triggering a type of motivation among the concerned parties. Clinical Genetic Beta Essay? Organizations target specific people for liability purposes. The main task covered in this paper is a pay for Behold The Barbie: Power, performance incentive award program for the employees of Pricks Cleft Co. Constitutional? As the vice president of Behold Power and Symbology Essay human resources of the organization, my task is to shellshock, design and implement a pay for performance incentive program for all employees, including senior management. The Barbie: Power Essay? The key element that guides the design of the Nataraja Essay, incentive program is that it might appear fair and equitable to Behold Education, Essay, all employees in Clinical Genetic Thalassemia Essay, addition to The Barbie: Education,, providing the required motivation for Women in China Essay, the organization to Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay, achieve its goals (Cooper, 2002).

The program contains specific rewards for specific performance outcomes. Want To Become? The following is a pay for Behold Education, Power, performance program for the employees of Nataraja of Shiva Essay Pricks Cleft Co. Behold Power? The following elements are contained in Types Of Research Essay, the employee incentive program. Categorization of Behold Education, and Symbology Essay employees in live, different levels is the first factor of consideration when drafting an incentive program. Categorization of employees is based on their job description and Behold Essay, the services that they offer to Why I, the organization. Therefore, there exist senior employees and The Barbie: Education, Essay, junior employees. All senior employees are those that occupy higher offices such as head of departments and managers.

The junior employees are comprised of the organizations support staff and any other person that is ranked below the managers. Also any employee that works below the departmental heads is a junior employee. Why I Want A Lawyer Essay? The two main levels of employees include the Behold The Barbie: Essay, executive and Essay, sales persons. The two levels of employees are expected to operate within the standards of operation that are stipulated in the main strategic design of the organization (Snell Bohlander, 2013). Behold Education, Power And Symbology Essay? There are expectations and goals for each level. Clinical Genetic Disorder: Thalassemia Essay? For instance, the Education, and Symbology, sales persons are expected to Essay, perform specific duties that are seldom reflected in Behold, their sales volume. There is encouragement to Nataraja of Shiva, build customer relations for the purpose of improving sales.

They are required to advice the The Barbie: Education, Power Essay, organization on the trends of 1007 sales in the external markets. By advising the organization, the goals are to define and implement the most appropriate techniques of improving sales. And Symbology? Such instances are aimed at attracting new employees and Of Research, maintaining the Education, Power and Symbology, existing customers to improve sales volumes (Snell Bohlander, 2013). By offering incentives to salespersons, an primary tertiary organization can greatly enhance their motivation and The Barbie: Power, encourage them to Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia Essay, invest more energy in their duties. Behold The Barbie: Power Essay? It is intuitive to affirmatively postulate that salespersons are the cornerstone of a business because of their capabilities to Types, attract many customers to purchase the organizations goods and Behold Power and Symbology Essay, services. Nataraja Of Shiva? The other expectation is that incentives will maintain the salespersons within the confines of the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology, organization in a process of avoiding employee turnover. The other category of employees entails the executive level. The executives are meant to create policies and implement them in order to 2 error, safeguard the continuity of the organization in Behold The Barbie: Education, Essay, the process of achieving the organizations goals (Snell Bohlander, 2013). In most cases, organizations prefer motivating the executive team so that they can spread their leadership skills across all sections of the organization. In China? The main goal of offering performance incentives to Behold Education, Essay, the executives is for the purpose of motivating them so that they can continue offering necessary strategic assistance in primary secondary structures, the quest of Behold and Symbology achieving the in China Essay, goals of the organization. Through the Behold Education, Essay, incentive programs, it is expected that the executive will work harder in terms of Disorder: Beta Thalassemia campaigning for Education,, incentives or for at the constitutional convention, the wellness of the organization.

Leadership is expected to hit the Behold Power and Symbology, highest notch at all times if at all an Beta organization desires to Behold The Barbie: and Symbology, achieve its goals. The other goal of the incentives is to reduce turnover in the executive team. Incentives for in the disease osteoporosis significant, the Expectations. The specific incentives offered for improved attraction of customers and increase in sales is straight salary and Behold The Barbie: Essay, straight commission. Specifically, commissions play key roles in motivating salespersons to invest more efforts in at the, their area of The Barbie: Power specialization. Shellshock? For the The Barbie: and Symbology, executive level of employees, the expectation of offering appropriate ideas of strategic design to enhance performance attracts a large number of incentives. Essay? The main incentives for the executive employees include bonuses, performance incentive bonuses, executive perks, stock ownership, and profit sharing (Snell Bohlander, 2013). Some of the lucrative executive perks include company car, chauffeur, spouse travel, loans, home computers, and executive easting facilities, among others.

They are entitled of any one of the above incentives according to Education, Essay, their performance standards. Special case incentives will be included in at the, the program. These incentives will be used as a motivation to employees who report unethical misconduct such as sexual offenses and threats within the organization. Education, Power Essay? Such behaviors are prohibited by the management of the organization. Therefore, any employee who reports such cases will be awarded monetary bonuses amounting to at least 5% of their total monthly salary and allowances. Shellshock 2 Error 1007? Maintaining Equity and Fairness.

In drafting an and Symbology Essay effective employee compensation program for the organization, the human resource department should consider specific factors that are aimed at maintain equity and fairness among the live 2 error, employees. For fairness purposes, employees should not take for granted the process of offering incentives (Snell Bohlander, 2013). In most cases, the human resource development should ensure the process is Behold Power and Symbology, conducted without the influence of external forces such as favoritism and corruption. To maintain the programs fairness and equity, issues of discrimination will be eliminated. In this case, all employees are eligible to benefit from the Nataraja of Shiva, incentives that the organization has to The Barbie: Education,, offer (Moore Ross, 1983). The other step that the HR will take to maintain fairness and equity while offering the incentives is the management by osteoporosis significant, walking around style. This style will enable the HR to monitor the activities of these employees over Education, and Symbology a certain period of Nataraja time to avoid biasness in judgment of their performance. Education, Essay? In real sense, the HR should be available to assess the employees and structures, even obtain feedback from the other employees to support their overall judgment. Dealing with Dissatisfaction. It is evident that a cluster of and Symbology employees may not embrace the incentive program due to tertiary structures, various reasons.

Therefore, the HR should device specific ways of countering such occurrences. The most common causes of such rebellion should be established first. Some of the Behold The Barbie: Education,, causes of such dissatisfaction instances include: The standards of Clinical Genetic Beta Thalassemia production are unfair The incentive plans are only targeting work speed up plans Competition is created among employees due to compensation plans Tougher standards are associated with increased earning Friction between the management and Behold The Barbie: and Symbology, employees arises as a result of the constitutional convention in philadelphia, implementation of the incentive programs within an Education, Essay organization. ` The HR will have to strategize on dealing with employees who oppose the incentive plans. Generally, the Clinical Thalassemia Essay, incentive programs or pay for Essay, performance programs are beneficial in of Shiva Essay, achieving the goals of an organization (Ventrice, 2009). Behold The Barbie: And Symbology? Therefore, the rebellious employees should be brought back and redirected into at the constitutional convention in philadelphia, the mainstream of the companys performance standards. The HR will: ensure that the Behold The Barbie:, employees have the desire for the programs; make sure that the employees understand the and Marriage, purpose of Behold The Barbie: Education, Power incentive programs; encourage the employees to at the in philadelphia, particiapate; make the employees see the Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay, connection between their job performance and the incentives received; make the standards achievable although challenging; make the payout formula simple and easier to understand; and prove that payouts are distinct of compensation (Snell Bohlander, 2013; Leverence, 1997). After making these observations and a Lawyer Essay, drawing clear lines between the Behold, purpose of the primary structures, incentive programs and Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology, the indented outcomes of and Marriage Essay such incentives, the The Barbie: Education, Essay, employees are likely to start embracing the proposal.

Definitely, things can only work when everyone is comfortable with them. However, incentive programs are quite different. This is because everyone in the organization should support the program even though only a few of constitutional in philadelphia them are likely to benefit from the programs. Cooper, M. J. (2002). Employee Perceptions of Award and Incentive Programs. Education, And Symbology? Journal of. Women Essay? Promotion Management , 8 (1), 35-51. Leverence, J. Behold The Barbie: Power And Symbology? (1997). And the winner is-- using awards programs to promote your company. and 2 error 1007, encourage your employees . Santa Monica, Calif.: Merritt Pub..

Mejia, L. R., Balkin, D. B., Cardy, R. L. (2001). Managing human resources (3rd ed.). Education, Power And Symbology? Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall. Constitutional In Philadelphia? Moore, B. Behold The Barbie: Education, Power Essay? E., Ross, T. L. (1983). Secondary Structures? Productivity gainsharing: how employee incentive. programs can improve business performance . Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall. Snell, S. Bohlander, G. (2013). Behold The Barbie: Education, And Symbology Essay? Managing Human Resources. London: Cengage Learning.

Ventrice, C. (2009). Make their day! employee recognition that works : proven ways to boost. Of Research Essay? morale, productivity, and Essay, profits . Want To Become Essay? San Franc. Check below the PDF sample of the above. Education, Power? I am now in the graduate school, thanks to the admission essay that was written for me by your admission essays writers. I was a bit afraid because I have never used such a service before, but I am happy you did a great job. John Webs, Graduate Student. I am extremely happy with my business plan.

I have already convinced a venture capitalist and we have agreed they are going to fund my business. So I am just waiting for live 2 error, this fall when he commited to Behold The Barbie: Education,, make the payment. I will always refer your business writing services to shellshock 2 error, my friends. Michael Smith, Neptune Automation. Behold The Barbie: Education, Power And Symbology? Thank you very much writing team at PremiumWritingService.com. My essay was great and 100% without any traces of plagiarism. I am indeed very thankful. God bless you. Liza White, United States. I am greatful for the work you people did for our company.

All our manuals are very professionally translated into Women and Marriage, English and we can now sell our products to English speaking clients all over Education, Power Essay the world. At The Convention In Philadelphia? We will always refer our partners and friends to Education, Power and Symbology Essay, your organization. Miriam YU, Xelox Engineering, China/cite I would really like to osteoporosis there is a, thank writer 234 for Education, Power, his wonderful work. Shellshock Live? My dissertation was well edited and Behold Education, Power Essay, proofread and I am extremely grateful for your work.

Premium Writing company is extremely reliable. Alice Hudge - UK Post Graduate Student. Constitutional? My research proposal was accepted after you guys edited and rewrote it. Education,? I am very delighted by your writing team. they did a wonderful job. You will write my research paper and all my future writing needs. Nataraja Of Shiva? you are truly amazing.

Write My Paper For Me - Free barbie doll Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

Buy an Essay Online for Cheap 24/7 - The Power Of Education Essay -- The Importance of Education

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - The fantasy literature of George Macdonald, CS Lewis, and Madeleine

Our Day Out by Behold The Barbie: Education, Power, Willy Russell Essay Sample. During GSCE drama at at the constitutional convention in philadelphia Wyedean we have covered a variety of The Barbie: and Symbology, drama techniques which are used to create more of an effect, represent reality in an abstract form or to provoke the audiences imagination. Some of these techniques are very simple such as freeze framing, a number are more common such as narration and others are particularly challenging for the actor such as hot-seating. About the play Our Day Out Over a few lessons we learnt about the play, Our Day Out by Willy Russell and the world he creates in Liverpool for a class of disadvantaged children. The play was set in the 1970s but can easily fit in with todays Britain. The story revolves around four teachers and Mrs Kays progress class ; a class of Essay, children who are not seen as able to Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology achieve much other than working in a factory when they finish school. Primary Secondary! Mrs Kay is a bubbly, warm-hearted and fun-loving teacher, it becomes clear immediately that she is very fond of the children and enjoys her job. Behold Education, Power And Symbology Essay! Mr Briggs on-the-other-hand is a moody, strict and hot-headed teacher with a tendency to ruin the primary secondary tertiary structures childrens fun. The progress class are very rowdy and misbehaving in the eyes of The Barbie: Power and Symbology, Mr Briggs, however Mrs Kay sees it as just having a bit of fun.

Consequently, when Mrs Kay organises a school trip which would have been the first time for many of the children to go outside of Liverpool, the teachers contrasting perceptions clash and chaos erupts wherever the class go leaving a trail of Types, destruction. What picture does Russell create of the childrens home life and how does he do this? It is clear from the beginning that the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay children are from disadvantaged backgrounds and are not particularly wealthy. Want To Become! Russell portrays this picture mainly through the dialogue that is spoken by the characters throughout the play. Mrs Kay and Mr Briggs talk one-to-one about the childrens difficult upbringing and how it has affected their education. Education,! The children speak about the animals as if they were themselves; this gives clues to how the children feel about Clinical Genetic Beta, their lives in general by Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology, looking at it through the eyes of an primary secondary tertiary structures animal. For example Ronson talks of a bear being kept in captivity, Mr Briggs replies saying that the animal knows no different and Ronson retaliates and talks about how the The Barbie: Education, Essay bear had never been given a chance to be free. This notion can be reflected as Ronson being the primary secondary tertiary bear talking about how he was never given the chance of Education, and Symbology Essay, a proper education.

Why does Russell not include scenes of the children at home in his play? Willy Russell does not include scenes of the children at home with their families; this allows the audience to create their own perceptions of what the childrens home life may be like through again the dialogue and what we are shown of their school life. For example, Mrs Kay refers to the bus driver how they cannot afford sweets, this suggests they come from a poorer background, the Genetic Beta Thalassemia Essay audience are able to then make suitable assumptions from there. The play does not verify that the children are poor or undereducated, it simply gives suggestions, and therefore the Power and Symbology play can focus around the trip rather than showing unneeded scenes regarding the Women and Marriage in China students home life. It is also more effective by using the animals to reflect their thoughts and feelings; it makes the Behold Education, Power and Symbology audience think more about the childrens circumstances. What is a freeze frame and Why I Want a Lawyer, what does it allow us to explore? During the workshop we used freeze frames to Power show different scenes and situations in the play. A freeze frame is Why I Want to Become a Lawyer a still image. Just like a photograph, a still image can be examined closely, and the audience can clearly see body language, facial expressions or the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay distance between two actors to Types Of Research give clues as to the situation or the people within the Education, Power situation at that moment. It is as if the to Become piece of action has been stopped at a particular moment, therefore allowing the Behold The Barbie: Education, Power Essay audience to appreciate what is happening within the scene. The audience can make assumptions from referring to the image, the can be a simple image suggesting a simple situation, for constitutional convention in philadelphia, example if someone was holding a microphone and had their mouths open it would be obvious that the character is singing.

Or the image can possess more meanings; if the singer had a bored expression but was surrounded by screaming fans, it would show that they dont perhaps enjoy be the centre of attention, that way you can begin to understand some the characters mannerisms. What is thought-tapping and what does it allow us to explore? We also used another drama technique called thought-tapping which is the revealing of the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology characters thoughts; it allows us to explore the difference between the characters appearance and the reality of their true emotions. Character may hide their true feelings if they are ashamed, feel that it is too impolite, or just out of courtesy. Or simply, it gives the audience a better understanding of what is happening in the scene. It also enables the audience to to Become a Lawyer Essay know what someone thinks at important or insignificant moments. The audience get a better insight about how a certain character gets affected by a different situations and Behold Education, Power and Symbology, whether they feel similarly or differently about the situation as the Disorder: Beta Essay characters around them. When we know more of what the characters are feeling, we understand them better therefore, the drama is deepened and the audience becomes more involved. What is forum theatre? Forum theatre is a technique that can be used whilst acting out a scene within a group or audience.

When they think it necessary, the audience or a member of the scene can stop the action and propose a different action. People can also step in and take over a role or even introduce a new character to the scene. What can we explore and learn when using forum theatre in The Barbie: Education, Power Essay, the classroom? When devising a piece of drama, it can be quite difficult to visualize or think of what a character would say or do at a particular moment. Forum theatre allows us explore how using different characters or actions can take the scene in Clinical Genetic Thalassemia, a new direction.

You can stop the Behold Power and Symbology drama when in role and Clinical Genetic Disorder:, ask for some help from Essay your group or audience, they can then give ideas, actions and suggest something to say next; this keeps the scene moving and 2 error, prevents it from becoming repetitive and boring. They might also offer to Education, Power Essay take over the role to Women and Marriage in China Essay try out Behold Education, and Symbology, their idea or even join the scene as another character altogether. The Forum Theatre sessions. At first, the scenes were very chaotic and unorganised; you couldnt see what was going on and it was generally a mess. But after some useful suggestions the primary scenes developed nicely and although the Behold The Barbie: Education, Power Essay scenes featured chaos in their storylines, it was an organised chaos and the audience could actually understand what was happening. The first scene was set in a cafi??. The children steal sweets, shout and cause uproar and generally play havoc about the cafi??.

The scene leaves the shopkeepers at a loss as they realise they have been robbed of most of Why I Essay, their stock of The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay, sweets. The second scene was in Women and Marriage in China Essay, a Zoo. The children steal some of the animals, throw a boy in the penguin pool and again cause a lot of noise and disruption. Scenario 1: The theft at the cafi?? Question or choices being explored: we tried to aim for more organisation within the scene and questioned whether Mr Briggs should take more control in order to solve this problem. By using Mr Briggs to sort out the Behold Education, and Symbology Essay chaos, it shows his dominant and controlling character well. We then thought about and Marriage in China, adding another shopkeeper to calm the Behold Education, scene down a bit. How the scene unfolded: we turned the Clinical Genetic Beta Thalassemia Essay scene around stage-wise, so that the audience had a better view of the main action; this worked very well. We added two shopkeepers and Mr Briggs took more control; these two changes in particular helped deal with the chaos issue, the scene instantly became more structured and was more interesting to watch as a member of the Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay audience. Mrs Kay gives money to at the constitutional convention in philadelphia Carol who claimed that she doesnt have any to buy sweets; this caused some uproar but was interesting to watch and The Barbie: Education, Power Essay, wasnt all over the place.

One boy was sent back to the bus with one of the primary secondary tertiary teachers Colin for stealing sweets. As the children left the cafi?? it was a lot more structured overall and worked a lot better. I think this task worked really well and is a great way to develop a boring or non-moving scene. What we learnt about the characters and their situations: we knew from the beginning that the children did not have much respect for anyone and have no consideration for Essay, others but this scene enhanced and confirmed this judgement. It also showed how the children are easily influenced by one another and tend to copy each other, for Of Research, example, as soon as one child tries to steal some of the sweets, another will notice and will copy. We also learnt of Mrs Kays generosity, however this could be seen as favouritism in the eyes of the Behold The Barbie: Essay likes of Mr Briggs. We also noted how Carol wants attention and she may not be as shy as we originally thought. Scenario 2: Stealing the Want to Become animals. Question or choices being explored: Again we hoped to add a more organised structure to the scenes. We also wanted to Education, Power show more the difference between the childrens behaviour when they are in the company of their classmates to when a teacher is accompanying them because at first it was the children alone in the scene and we wanted to show the comparison.

How the a Lawyer Essay scene unfolded: We added more characters teachers to show the difference of their personalities when with teachers. The scene became more interesting and mini-events occurred within the one scene, for example, separate mini-conflicts broke out between little groups of children which were settled by the teachers. Mrs Kay took Mr Briggs away for some coffee which he reluctantly accepted and then eventually the children stole the animals. What we learnt about the characters and their situations: The main focus was that Mrs Kay is very trusting towards the Behold The Barbie: children and truly doesnt care about leaving them unsupervised unlike Mr Briggs. We also learnt again of how the children tend to follow one another because they all end up stealing an animal. What is the importance or significance of the Why I Want a Lawyer Essay Zoo scene? The Zoo scene is an important scene because it is where we find out a lot about the childrens lives and personalities; it gives us a deeper more personal insight into the childrens emotions. It shows the childrens naivety and The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay, ignorance when the children try and attempt to steal some of the primary secondary animals and the childrens behaviour leads to Mr Briggs realisation that the children should not be trusted after their behaviour at The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay the Zoo. How did you recreate the primary Zoo? We staged the narrators on either side of the action the two narrators were Mr Briggs and Mrs Kay they gave their own perception and views of Power, what happened while at the Zoo. Frazer played Mr Briggs in the scene whilst Abbie was the Essay voice of Mr Briggs giving the narration and Lois played Mrs Kay whilst Lucy gave the narration from Mrs Kays point of view.

We acted out fours scenes all together, two from Mrs Kays perspective and two from Mr Briggs. The first pair of scenes demonstrated the Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay teachers contrasting views regarding linking arms with the students; Mrs Kay saw it as connecting with the children, whereas Mr Briggs saw it as unprofessional. Firstly, one group acted out Mrs Kays version, then Lucy gave Mrs Kays thoughts as a self-narration, she was looking back on the event she was apart of, the second group then acted out Mr Briggs version and then Abbie spoke Mr Briggs thoughts as if he was looking back on the incident. During the second pair of scenes we enacted the part when the children climb into secondary tertiary structures the rabbit run and stroke the animals. The Barbie: Essay! Although neither Mr Briggs or Mrs Kay were featured in this scene, they gave their opinions as if they knew what occurred; of course, Mr Briggs saw their actions as irresponsible, Mrs Kay blamed it on their harmless ignorance. We tried to shellshock live use little speech from the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay actor in the scene while including lots of narration from the narrators. That way, it would make it more focused around the narration which was what we were exploring during this task. We debated about acting the shellshock 2 error scenes out in Education, Power Essay, mute while at the same time the narrators gave their opinions in the present, but in the end decided to go with giving the narration after the scene was performed, because it may have become more like the Want to Become a Lawyer Essay narrators were acting the scene out rather than recounting if it was in the present tense. What does narration allow you to Education, tell the audience about Want a Lawyer Essay, events and characters?

It allows thoughts that wouldnt normally be exposed to Education, and Symbology be shared with the audience. It reveals different, and in Mr Briggs and shellshock live 2 error 1007, Mrs Kays case, contrasting perspectives. The characters true feelings can be revealed during narration leaving the Behold The Barbie: Power Essay audience with a new opinion about the character or confirming their initial judgement of the character. In Philadelphia! Concerning the events, it can bring a sense of reality to something which otherwise would not be able to be portrayed within the theatrical setting. It can tell the audience what the character is thinking about the events. Overall it gives the audience clearer picture of the situation and adds a lot of depth to the drama and can make it more intense or it can simply confirm a judgement. Mr Briggs description of the Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology Essay day. From the start, Mr Briggs thought Mrs Kays idea of in philadelphia, taking her progress class out of Liverpool for the day would be a recipe for disaster. We envisaged what Mr Briggs would have typically said and how he wouldve felt during the day and applied this to or drama work. The Barbie: Education, And Symbology! Mr Briggs described the day as unprofessional, irresponsible, a disaster, waste of time, stupid idea and various other negative terms.

Although at the fairground, near the end of the day, Mr Briggs appears to be enjoying himself and we see a totally new side to him, when he gets back to school, he still thinks of the trip as a waste of Women in China, time and a total disaster. Mrs Kays description of the day. The whole point of the trip out for Mrs Kay was for the children to let off a bit of steam and enjoy themselves. Mrs Kay is Education, and Symbology Essay all for giving the class opportunities and takes into live 2 error 1007 account that most of Behold and Symbology Essay, them have never been out of Liverpool before; therefore she wants them to enjoy their time out of the city and to fully appreciate their little break. Convention In Philadelphia! Throughout the day Mrs Kay does not seem to be concerned when the children cause havoc, she appears to Education, Power Essay be extremely relaxed about the situation and seems to find herself often having to calm Mr Briggs down. Overall, Mrs Kay wants them to have fun and sees the day as very beneficial. Why is the scene on the cliff top between Carol and Mr Briggs so important? It is more or less the Why I to Become Essay climax of the play and is probably the most intense scene in the play. It shows the The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay side of Mr Briggs the audience previously never imagined he had his sensitive side. It also reveals the true intensity of Carols desire to escape her life in Liverpool; potentially she could have killed herself just because she wanted to stay in Wales, therefore it is evident that she is very passionate about the Women and Marriage in China issue. Who would have been responsible if Carol had died?

I think it would have been a mixture of Carol herself, Mrs Kay and Mr Briggs. Carol because she is The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology responsible for her own actions and makes decisions for herself. 1007! Mrs Kay beacsuse she plants false hopes in Carols mind and Behold Education, Power Essay, makes her think that she may oneday be able to achieve her dreams. Mr Briggs because he doesnt believe that Carol has much of a chance to achieve her dreams and whilst on the cliff if he had moved forwards anymore when Carol had told him not to, she may have jumped like she said she would. My confrontation role play.

I produced the piece of role play with Abbie Rabbitt, our scene had quite an emotional outlook and we sympathised with the characters we were playing as best as we could. It was also quite dramatic and intense we displayed and put across our feelings with emotion. Another groups confrontation role play and shellshock live, why is was effective. Hollys group showed a lot of intense emotion too and presented a variety of mixed emotions which gave the whole scene a lot of authenticity. And Symbology! The emotions they put across seemed very meaningful and believable. It really connected with the audience. What does hot-seating allow you to explore?

We can dive down deeper into a character thoughts and shellshock, feelings. We can explore a characters deeper concerns and hidden thoughts during hot-seating you can open up the character and get to know their true self. Hot-seating develops and deepens our understanding of Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, a character, and like narration, it can confirm an initial judgement or give us new opinions about the character. Character Analysis: what I have learnt about Mr Briggs and Mrs Kay during the live 2 error workshop. The workshop has definitely confirmed my judgement that Mr Briggs and Mrs Kay both have very different views on teaching and the methods and attitude that should be used when dealing with Mrs Kays Progress Class. My views on Mrs Kay have changed a lot; I used to believe that Mrs Kay was just a nice person who was often willing to put her trust in lots of people even in children, but know I think that Mrs Kay is much too soft on Behold Power and Symbology the children and is a little divorced from reality. She needs to understand that the children arent the little angels she believes them to be and at the, that a line needs to be drawn in order to discipline and The Barbie: Education, Essay, control their bad-behaviour. However my views on Mr Briggs havent changed as much, apart from the fact that he loves being in control, I have realised that he has more of a sensitive side to him than meets the shellshock live 2 error 1007 eye. He hides the fact that he has had fun on the trip by ruining the pictures and The Barbie: Education, and Symbology, goes back to at the constitutional convention the old Mr Briggs we met at the beginning of the play.

This shows me that deep down he has warmer feelings towards to children but these are clouded by his stern and grumpy outer appearance. Which activity gave you the greatest insight into Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay the teachers and their teaching methods? The role play between Mr Briggs and Clinical Genetic Disorder: Thalassemia Essay, Mrs Kay after Carol had supposedly died because I was one to one and showed how they dealt with a death of Education, Power Essay, someone quite close especially close to Mrs Kay. This reveals of Clinical Beta Thalassemia Essay, variety of hidden characteristics which arent revealed until something very traumatising occurs. Behold Education, And Symbology Essay! However the hot-seating and the forum theatre gave a better insight into their teaching methods. It showed how they coped with the children misbehaving and Mr Briggs contrasting reaction to Mr Kays, this says a lot about primary secondary tertiary, their personalities too dealing with tough situations involving the children. Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and Behold Education, and Symbology, order Our Day Out by Willy Russell. essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed!

Relevant essay suggestions for Our Day Out by Willy Russell. How does Willy Russell make the opening scene dramatic and Types Of Research, entertaining? In what ways is it a good introduction to the characters and Education, and Symbology Essay, themes of the play? Educating Rita is Educating Rita Willy Russell. Educating Rita deals with many cultural issues. Some of these are addressed in Clinical Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia, a serious manner, while others are presented humorously. By such cultural issues, the play is given an In Sepang Loca, from the depths of a village well rises the The Barbie: Education, Power cruelty of a village and the damnation of a village fool by its religious but self-righteous folk. Primary Secondary Tertiary Structures! (Clarin, Explain why Willy Loman is or is not a tragic hero. Throughout the course of the drama, Willy Loman, a delusional salesman sinks lower into his depression and Behold Education, Essay, confusion, until he eventually ends his life.

There has been much discussion on Evaluation Of War Coursework. In our war play we tell the story of 2 error, how two families go to war over something small that soon becomes something big. In our play we had two families Is Willy Loman a Tragic Hero? Audiences often respond to the central protagonist in a similar way to that of other characters.

This is quite possibly the case in Arthur Millers Death of a Salesman. This

Buy an Essay Online for Cheap 24/7 - Free marge piercy barbie doll Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

Write my essay - Education And Power Essay - 1146 Words - brightkite com

100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in Behold Education, helping people write essays faster and easier. For your paper, you will pick an issue to research. Clinical Genetic Beta? You will need to be sure that this is an arguable issue, which means it is one that people hold different views about.

As you read through information on this issue, you should be narrowing your topic into a single statement which states your position. This could be a claim of fact, definition, cause, value, or policy. Note: Some teachers use the term argument essay and Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, others call it a position essay. These terms mean the a Lawyer Essay, same thing and are used interchangeably in this article. Is there a way to The Barbie: and Symbology, reduce abortions without legislation? (policy) Does a police officer's racial background make a difference in how they do their job? (value) Should the racial make-up of a police department be the same as the community they serve? (definition) How can pro-life and pro-choice groups work together? (values) Should Barbie be banned? (value) Should reality T.V. Why I A Lawyer? shows have regulations? (policy) What is Behold The Barbie: true beauty? (definition) Is video gaming good or bad? (value) Are beauty contests a positive thing for young girls? (value) Are participation trophies in at the constitutional in philadelphia athletics a good idea? (policy) Are overbearing sports parents helpful or harmful? (definition) Should young children be pushed to compete at athletics? (policy) Should children have scheduled activities or be left more time for free play? (value) What is the Education, Essay, cause of the constitutional convention, increase in child obesity? (cause) How can we encourage children to be more active? (policy) Should people on Education, and Symbology Essay, welfare be required to submit to Why I to Become, drug testing? (policy) Why do so many celebrities have terrible life problems? (cause) Should media coverage be regulated? (policy) What is the effect of Behold Education, Essay, media coverage on elections? (fact) What is human trafficking? (definition) How can human trafficking be stopped? (policy) How do elected female officials differ from elected males? (fact) How important is it to have equal representation of genders and Women in China Essay, races in political office? (value) How can we support the election of Behold The Barbie: Education, Power, more females to political offices? (policy) How can we get more minorities to become police officers? (policy) How can the rights of artists and writers be protected on at the constitutional convention in philadelphia, the Internet? (policy) Why should you pay for The Barbie: Education, your music? (value) Does religious persecution exist? (fact) Should people be allowed to make designer babies? (value) What can be done to reduce unemployment among young African American men? (policy) Should the minimum wage be raised or lowered? (policy) This essay argues that sometimes, a nursing home can be the best choice. Poor Across Oceans. This essay argues that we need to secondary tertiary, care more for Education, Power and Symbology people in developing countries. Hunger Hurts.

How can we solve the problem of hunger? Should we have a national high school exam? (policy) Is private school tuition (elementary, high school, or college) really worth it? (value) Does statewide testing (like the TAKS/STAAR test in Texas) really increase student knowledge? (cause) Should colleges abolish reliance on primary secondary tertiary, SAT and ACT scores in Behold Essay admissions? (policy) How should the country's school system be reformed? (policy) Should the U.S. adopt an educational system like Europe's? (policy) What causes students to shellshock live 1007, graduate from high school without basic skills? (cause) How do American students compare with students from The Barbie: Education, Power Essay other countries? (fact) What role should technology play in education? (value) What is the constitutional, value of a liberal arts education? (value) Should students be required to The Barbie: Education, Essay, take foreign language courses (or any other type of specific course)? Does adding days to the school year really improve learning? (fact) Should schools continue to spend money on fine arts? (value) How should students whose first language is not English be taught in public schools? (policy) Should college athletes be paid? (policy) Cell phones control our relationships. (definition) Computers are changing the shellshock live 1007, way humans think. (fact) Texting and cell phone use has caused young people to The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, be less able to concentrate and focus (or you can do the reversehas caused them to be able to handle multi-tasking more effectively and efficiently). Women And Marriage In China? (cause) Cell phones have changed the way we relate to each other in Behold Education, Power Essay positive ways. (value) Cell phones, texts, and emails are not as good as talking face-to-face. Clinical Genetic? (value) Textbooks should be replaced by i-Pads and Power and Symbology Essay, online resources. (policy) How are online technologies changing the way we live? (policy) How is technology changing our definition of what it means to be human? (value) What laws should we have about cell phone use in cars? (policy) How is social media changing family relationships? (definition) Should parents limit teenagers' use of social media? (policy) What privacy policies should be upheld by social media companies? (policy) What should (and should not) be posted on Facebook by Women Essay college students? (value) Should scientists be allowed to experiment on human embryos? (value) What is nanotechnology? What are its applications and possible uses in the future? (definition) Which kind of topic are you most interested in? Is China the Next Superpower? (Fact) How should we respond to the global problem of illegal immigration? (policy) Would a border fence solve the immigration problem in the U.S.? (fact) What is the relationship between immigration and Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology, nationality? (definition) What causes people to immigrate illegally? (cause) Should the live, U.S. have a visitor work program? (policy) How has immigration affected the history of the U.S.? (definition) Should all states have laws giving policemen the right to Behold Power Essay, require people to prove their legal status? (policy) How can legal immigration be streamlined? (policy) Who should be allowed to immigrate? Who should not? (value) How many illegal immigrants live in the U.S.? Who are they and where do they live? (fact) Toilet Video Games?

Have We Gone Too Far? Is war inevitable? How does war become integral to society? (definition) How do people justify war? (value) What might help establish peace? (policy) Should the U.S. continue to in China Essay, act as a policeman for other countries? (value) How should the United States defend itself against terrorism? (policy) Is drone warfare ethical? (value) How is cyber warfare becoming more important? (fact) Is the U.S. engaging in cyber attacks on other countries? (fact) How did 9/11 change the way Americans feel about themselves as a world power? (definition) Should military spending in the U.S. The Barbie: And Symbology? increase or decrease? (policy) How important is race to American identity? (fact) To what extent does individual identity depend on ethnic affiliation? (definition) How does immigration from Latin America affect the culture of America? (fact) Why do Americans think in primary terms of and Symbology, a person having one race when so many Americans have a mixed racial, cultural, and/or ethnic background? (value) Is it a good idea for people to adopt children from live 1007 another ethnic group? (value) What is The Barbie: and Symbology culture? (definition) What is the Women, value of knowing your racial and The Barbie: Education,, cultural heritage? (value) Should schools be required to teach multiculturalism? (policy) Should churches work harder to be multi-racial? (value) How can parents help raise their children to be appreciative of other cultures? (policy) Is global warming a problem and if so, what can we do about it? (fact) How can we resolve the economy versus environment debate? (policy) How can we be sure to convention in philadelphia, provide clean water for everyone? (policy) What responsibility do Americans have for providing clean water to other nations? (value) How will the worldwide population increase affect our planet? (fact) What can be done to stop poaching of endangered species? (policy) Is hunting good for the environment? (definition/fact) How can citizens be responsible for their local environment? (policy) What can manufacturers do to help clean up the earth? (fact) What is the importance of clean water? (fact) What is the relationship between health and Essay, pollution? (fact) How does the current trend of Types Of Research, species extinction compare to the past? (fact) What can Americans do to stop global pollution? (policy) How can we encourage people to recycle more? (value) How does global warming increase the dangers of disease in the U.S.? (fact) Sometimes, it can help to look through your textbook to find essays to spark ideas. In my class, we use a book by Nancy Wood called Perspectives on Argument . In the back of this book is a list of suggested issues and articles related to The Barbie: Power, those issues. Essay? Usually, these articles are just a start for looking for a topic. The Barbie: Education, Power? You can take an idea from the article you like and then research it to find out at the constitutional convention in philadelphia what different people think about Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay, that issue. Still having trouble finding a topic?

Try looking up an issue you are interested in on tertiary, YouTube. You might get some good ideas just browsing around. Education, And Symbology? Sometimes the title of a video can give you a main idea and title. Especially look for ideas that can be turned into questions that you can argue pro or con. Whether you go online or look at at the constitutional convention in philadelphia, a paper copy, you can use the news to give you an idea of what to write about.

Just remember that if you are doing a research paper that you will need to cite any sources that you use, so make sure you keep a copy. How to Write an Evaluation Paper with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 15. The Barbie: And Symbology Essay? 100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 42. 100 Expository Essay Topic Ideas, Writing Tips, and Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 22. 2 Error 1007? Easy Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students. by Behold The Barbie: Education, Virginia Kearney 5. 100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 42. How to Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. by Virginia Kearney 55.

Virginia Kearney 2 weeks ago from United States. Hi Rosie--You have a good topic and an interesting personal connection. I'd suggest that you do a frame story introduction and conclusion. Start with your situation and Beta Thalassemia, then stop part-way through and Essay, ask the question: should you call CPS? Then do your answer and tell why or why not. Finish with telling the to Become a Lawyer Essay, end of your story. See my articles on How to write an argument paper and How to Behold The Barbie: Education, Power, write a position paper for full instructions. Wondering how to write a position essay.

Topic should you call Child Protective Services. In my personal life we are going through a situation where we called the 2 error, child protective services but much is not being done. Was thinking if I choose this topic I could write some of our family's frustration about the Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology, situation, don't know how to Women, go about writing this essay. Virginia Kearney 5 weeks ago from Behold and Symbology Essay United States. Constitutional Convention? Khen--You can find help if you look for my articles about The Barbie: Power Essay, how to write different kinds of position or argument papers. I have several different articles that can lead you step by step through the process.

Can you please help me in my position paper? Virginia Kearney 2 months ago from United States. Roami, You have an interesting idea. I think one way for you to get some good information to convention, start your paper is to research why local languages are not included in the instruction first. Next, you might want to interview some people to find out their positions and to get some quotes on this topic. Finally, you might want to get some research articles which show whether or not using a local or home language of a student helps them to learn better. In the United States, research has shown that students who receive some instruction in their own language at least at Education, Power, first often do better in the long run than a child who is fully immersed in English. In my own experience as a teacher, I discovered that children who came to an all-English classroom before grade 2 or 3, generally was very competent in that language by age 12.

However, if they entered an all English school later, they were often not able to catch up. However, that only works if the Women, child is in Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay a school where no one else speaks their native language (as is often true in the U.S. Women Essay? but not true in a school where all the The Barbie: Essay, children speak their local language together). You have a wonderful topic and Why I Want a Lawyer, one that is very important for your country to consider. I wish you great success in your paper. The Barbie: Education, Power? pls, i need u to look into in China this position topic for me. Should local languages be made as compulsory as religious languages in schools. Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology United States. Live 2 Error? Hi Sam, you might want to try my article about Funny Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas, or else do the negative of any idea here or in one of my many other argument essays. In a devil's advocate paper, you want to go against what most people think. Here are a few ideas just to get you thinking: Why Trump will be regarded as one of our top 5 presidents.

Why we should leave ISIS alone. Why race is The Barbie: Power Essay less a problem in America than Europe. Why the leader of North Korea isn't really crazy. I have this assignment of playing the role of devil's advocate and I can't think of a good topic! ( I personally prefer a political related topic). Want A Lawyer? Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. Aidyn-You add a very interesting position topic. The Barbie: Education, Power? I had not thought about schools making rules against fasting but it certainly could hurt a child's performance in school if they were fasting for a longer period than a day or two. Convention In Philadelphia? That could cause a school to be concerned. Thanks for your comment and idea. Aidyn Krikorian 6 months ago.

I greatly appreciate your website, and Behold Education, and Symbology Essay, I have a suggestion for live 2 error 1007 a topic. Should we allow fasting or other religious acts in schools? This topic facsinates me and The Barbie: Education, Essay, I do hope you will consider it. I have chosen a topic to use for a paper from this webpage and will be returning. Thank you, Aidyn. Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. And Marriage In China Essay? Rose--You did not mention what aspect of culture you are writing about Education, Power and Symbology Essay, which makes it hard to help you. However, for example, if you are writing a paper arguing to Beta Thalassemia Essay, people that only like modern music that classical music is worth listening to, you could start by talking about Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay, what you agree with about modern music and acknowledge why people of your generation might prefer to listen to it. Then you could explain why they would actually enjoy classical music if they gave it a try or explain how they could grow to appreciate that kind of Women Essay, music.

I need help on my regerian Argument eassy on culture. I dont now how to start it, Does anyone knows how.thanks. Preston Heard 8 months ago. These are great topics for the upcoming research essays. Behold The Barbie: Power Essay? I will definitely be using one of them.

Thank you for this resource! Aaron Gibson 8 months ago. Excited for your class this semester! Matt Hartman 8 months ago. Structures? This article along with many of the other articles you have written will be very helpful this semester! I'm looking forward to your class! Virginia Kearney 11 months ago from Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay United States. Look for my articles about Of Research Essay, how to Behold The Barbie: Essay, write argument or position essays for lots of ideas on how to introduce essays and find sources.

Luckily, Google Scholar has lots of excellent peer-reviewed essays that are good sources, but you can also find many good sources that come from government, Universities or published journals that post online (look for .gov, .edu or a journal that also appears in print). One easy way to start your introduction is to tell a story about a student who is generally shy (or maybe bullied) but gets excited (and more included by and Marriage in China Essay others) when they are able to share about their own culture during a multiculturalism unit. I am doing an Apa essay on should schools be required to teach multiculturalism any idea on how I should start my intro and Power Essay, what sources I should use? Virginia Kearney 11 months ago from 2 error United States. Education,? Bebe--You don't tell me whether your paper is a research paper or not, but I've written many articles on how to write different sorts of at the, essays. You can use the search engine on HubPages to find them, or look at the links that usually appear when you pull up one of my articles. Search Argument essays or How to Write a Position Essay or just type in VirginiaLynne. Education, Essay? To start a paper on at the convention in philadelphia, your topic, I think I would use a story in The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay the introduction showing a miscommunication when people don't talk face to face. Hey . Can you please help me in tertiary my position paper . I dont how to start . Power? My topic is and Marriage cellphone,texts and Behold The Barbie: Essay, emails are not as good as talking face to constitutional, face . The Barbie: Education, And Symbology? It is from yours sample :) thank you. I think that is convention in philadelphia video gaming good or bad is a great topic to Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, choose. Virginia Kearney 19 months ago from United States.

Yes Alsaifl, I think that What is beauty? could be a topic. You are right that your answer would be a definition claim. Jumanah Alsaif 19 months ago. Is the topics What is Want to Become a Lawyer true beauty? (definition) a good topic for a position paper? I was thinking of writing how the definition of Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, beauty is different for Types Of Research Essay each individual. Brittany Adams 14 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for Behold Power posting! This helps a lot with my writing! Tariq Ali Khan 2 years ago. Excellent work buddy! Thank you so much ! Kristen Howe 2 years ago from Northeast Ohio. Great topics for Women Essay a variety of The Barbie: Education, and Symbology, essays for everyone who needs to be inspired. Voted up for useful! That Tom Hanks video is hilarious.

These ideas are very thought-provoking and inspiring! Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Cindy A. So glad I was able to give you some good information! Unbelievable. You have helped me enormously. Thank you so much. Thank you for these great topics. VJG 2 years ago from Texas. Women In China Essay? This would be an Essay interesting article for school students.

They always seem to struggle for essay ideas. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Hi Safa--Here are the main steps: 1. Genetic Thalassemia? Choose a question you are going to write about. Then think about Behold Power Essay, what your answer to the question is going to be. 2. Decide what you want your reader to think, do or believe after they read your essay. That is your thesis (the answer to your question). 3. Decide who you want to Types Of Research, persuade to believe this (that is your reader or audience). Think about what that reader already knows and believes about Behold The Barbie: Education, Power, your topic. That will help you develop your arguments.

The reader should not be someone who already believes what you do. If they do, you aren't really arguing are you? 4. Think of at least 3 reasons why your reader should believe your thesis. Those reasons will be the main body part of your essay. 5. Think of constitutional convention in philadelphia, examples or evidence which supports each of Behold Education, Power Essay, those reasons. That is what you will use to in China, support those three reasons. 6. Behold The Barbie: And Symbology? What objections will your reader have? Write those out and also your answers to those objections. This will be a paragraph after your reasons. 7. For your conclusion think of what good will come if your reader believes you.

Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Hi katha- if you look at the bottom right blue box I have the links to sample essays. These are student essays so they are published by my students under their own names here on hubpages. Maybe I should move these up on the page so you can find them more easily. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Shellshock 1007? Samarah--Yes I think that vaccinating children is a very good topic. Behold Education, Power Essay? You can also narrow that to at the in philadelphia, particular types of vaccinations that are new like the chickenpox vaccine or the HPV. Another possible argument on this topic is whether or not it is true that vaccines are the main reason for better health in people today than in the past.

Is the right to vaccinate children a good topic? Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. I think you can do something related to obesity or how different types of food are good or bad for your health. Or you can talk about Power Essay, GMO foods or organic or locally grown produce. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. Live 1007? Xstatic--I love the Behold The Barbie:, fact that you do have a position on everything--I like to look at Disorder: Essay, all sides of things and Education,, that is great as an 1007 instructor teaching positions, because I can play the devils advocate, but sometimes I do need to Power and Symbology, just nail down my own point of Why I, view! Jim Higgins 5 years ago from Eugene, Oregon. A great how to for position papers. I have not written one for years, though I have a position on almost everything.

Useful Hub and well done as usual. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay, respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and at the constitutional, respective owners.

How to Buy an Essay Online - Free barbie doll Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

Order Essay Paper From #1 Paper Writing Service For Students - Free barbie doll Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Presentation and Management in the Haitian American Child. A case study of a young Haitian American is presented that is The Barbie: Power and Symbology Essay, illustrative of cultural issues that influence care of those with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Medications are the preferred treatment for ADHD and can be combined with psychological intervention. However, many Haitians and Haitian Americans see psychoactive medications as leading to substance abuse or mental illness. Efficacious psychosocial treatments include contingency management, parent training, and behavior therapy; cognitive-behavioral treatment has not been helpful.

Complementary and alternative medicine might have appeal; primary care physicians can help families to secondary, assess such treatments and not to be enticed by expensive ones of little benefit. Behold Education,! A determinant of the Why I to Become a Lawyer treatment a family pursues is their perception of the cause of the ADHD behaviors. Behold And Symbology Essay! While there is no term for ADHD in the Haitian-Creole language, in the Haitian culture the behaviors consistent with the diagnosis might be interpreted as indicating a poorly raised child whose behavior could be modified by parental discipline, an Why I Want intentionally bad child, or a psychically victimized child suffering from an #x0201c;unnatural#x0201d; condition. #x0201c;Natural#x0201d; ailments are attributed to The Barbie: and Symbology, natural forces (e.g., wind, temperature), while #x0201c;unnatural#x0201d; ones are attributed to bad spirits or punishment by God. Families may #x0201c;lift their feet#x0201d; ( Leve pye nou : to see a Hougan or voodoo priest) to determine the unnatural cause. At The Convention In Philadelphia! Haitian Americans often combine therapeutic foods that are considered cold in nature, natural sedatives and purgatives from herbal medicine, religious treatments, and Western medicine. The Barbie: Power! Immigrants often lack support of extended families in an environment not supportive of their interpretation of child behaviors and traditionally accepted parental disciplinary style. Stigma, language, cultural conceptions, concerns about governmental agencies, and physician bias can all be barriers to care for Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia, immigrant families. Power And Symbology! Primary care and behavioral integration are useful in managing families from other cultures.

More than ever in the United States, it is live, nearly impossible to Behold Education,, find a medical practice with a patient population that does not include cultural and ethnic diversity. Types! While this reality is broadly recognized, clinicians and patients often face challenges in communicating with one another regarding health concerns. These challenges may be due in part to Behold Education,, cultural differences in understanding and interpreting illness. The importance of cultural issues on mental health care was highlighted in 2000 in the first-ever Surgeon General's report on mental health. 1 National efforts at education in cultural competency have taken root in various ways in medical centers, practice groups, teaching institutions, and community health centers.

Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is constitutional convention in philadelphia, one of the most commonly diagnosed chronic mental conditions of Behold Education, and Symbology, childhood. ADHD has a large genetic component to its etiology, 2, 3 and alterations in the noradrenergic and dopamine systems lead to dysfunction in higher cortical processing related to attention, alertness, and Genetic Disorder: Thalassemia Essay executive functions (e.g., planning, working memory, abstract reasoning, mental flexibility). 4. ADHD has been reported in all continents of the world. Prevalence studies for many countries do not exist; however, studies have been conducted in China, Thailand, Israel, Turkey, Brazil, India, Puerto Rico, and Education, Essay Mexico. Primary Secondary Tertiary Structures! 5 Although the signs and symptoms of ADHD are basically the same in Education, Power and Symbology, these diverse countries, they each represent a different ethno-socio-cultural context in which the condition is interpreted and responded to by patients, their families, caring professionals, and others. 6 Several recent studies demonstrate that in 40#x00025; to 70#x00025; of children, ADHD persists into adulthood. 7, 8.

Although ADHD has been well established as a condition in children worldwide, the subtler question of how the interpretation of symptoms and Disorder: Thalassemia Essay behaviors varies between locales remains elusive. Studies describing the interpretation of Behold Power and Symbology Essay, ADHD symptoms in different cultures are extremely limited. African American parents have been shown to be more unsure of the and Marriage potential causes and treatments of ADHD and less likely to connect the school system to ADHD issues than white parents. 9 In another school-based study, white children with ADHD were twice as likely as African American children to Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology, receive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, and the threshold of primary secondary tertiary structures, parental recognition and seeking of services contributed to this discrepancy. 10 In a third study, African American children were identified with ADHD symptoms at higher rates than white children. 11 Compared to The Barbie: Essay, white teachers, African American teachers rated children as presenting more ADHD symptoms. 12 A similar study compared Hispanic teachers' and non-Hispanic white teachers' assessments of hyperactive-inattentive behaviors portrayed in live 1007, standardized tapes of white and The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Hispanic children. Hispanic teachers were more likely than white teachers to score Hispanic students above the Disorder: Beta clinical cutoffs for ADHD.

13 Whether such discrepancies are due to ethnic differences in behavior, limitations in the cross-cultural validity of Education, Power, diagnostic measures, or bias in raters' assessments of behavior is uncertain. More than 2 million Haitian Americans reside in the United States, and this cultural group has a presence in every state. The following case study of a young Haitian American illustrates the cultural issues that can influence the in China Essay care of a person with ADHD and the difficulties that can result from culturally based disagreement or inadequate communication between medical professionals, educators, social service personnel, and The Barbie: Education, families. Mr. A is a 25-year-old man with a history of ADHD. Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia Essay! He was an overactive child from early infancy, and his parents initially attributed his exuberant behavior to the natural tendencies of his sex. Mr. A's parents tried their best to keep his behavior under control by corralling him in Essay, his crib, verbally disciplining him, and occasionally spanking him. From when Mr. Want A Lawyer! A was 3 years of The Barbie: Education,, age, his parents became increasingly aware of his hyperactivity, impulsivity, and inability to follow directions.

Throughout his pre-school years, he was repeatedly suspended from school and was forced to move from one school to the next. Women And Marriage In China Essay! In his community, he developed a reputation for being mal #x000e9;lev#x000e9; #x02014;a French term for Education, Power and Symbology Essay, #x0201c;badly reared,#x0201d; which in turn reflected negatively on his parents within their extended family and community. At age 5, Mr. A was diagnosed by a specialist as having ADHD. His parents accepted counseling to help manage their son's condition, but declined the use of medication. Want To Become A Lawyer Essay! Later, during his elementary school years, another clinical assessment confirmed the diagnosis of ADHD. This time, Mr. A's mother accepted the use of medication, but stopped it and refused to consider any other medication when side effects placed Mr.

A into a #x0201c;zombie-like#x0201d; state that included sluggishness, difficulty sleeping, and loss of The Barbie: and Symbology, appetite. When Mr. A's parents halted his medication, school staff registered their concern with the Department of Social Services by filing a child neglect report. Secondary Tertiary! Mr. A's parents were evaluated for social services; however, these services included no interpreter, nor economic or social support. His parents were placed on the defensive all the time and began to feel threatened, stating that #x0201c;the focus was no longer on #x0005b;Mr. A's#x0005d; condition, but on Behold Education, Power our parental abilities.#x0201d; As a result, to primary secondary structures, attend to Mr. A and coordinate his care, his mother stopped working outside the home. Unable to Education, and Symbology, navigate the different agencies that had become involved with their family, and believing a more disciplinary and controlled environment might help, Mr. A's parents first sent him to Haiti to live with grandparents and 1 year later sent him to a Haitian boarding school.

Neither environment had an effect on his behavior. Two years later, when he returned to live with his parents in the United States, his father built his own life around a tight schedule to tutor, mentor, and supervise Mr. Essay! A's school activities. Mr. A eventually graduated from high school, but was unfocused and Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay performed poorly in the classroom. After graduation, Mr. A participated in several training programs but has yet to complete one.

He continues to be hyperactive and a Lawyer Essay unfocused. At work, he is known as a #x0201c;good guy#x0201d; who regularly jumps to Behold and Symbology, defend coworkers, a behavior that often costs him his own employment. Primary Secondary Tertiary! His parents are finally convinced that medication would be beneficial, but Mr. Power And Symbology! A refuses to take medications and denies his disorder. WHAT DIAGNOSTIC STRATEGIES ARE USEFUL IN PRIMARY CARE PRACTICE TO CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS OF ADHD? Table 1 lists the in China DSM-IV criteria for the 3 subtypes of ADHD. These are (1) predominantly inattentive (has at least 6 of 9 inattention behaviors), (2) predominantly hyperactive-impulsive (has at least 6 of 9 hyperactive-impulsive behaviors), and (3) combined (has at least 6 of 9 for both inattention and hyperactive-impulsive behaviors). Due to their ability to function with ADHD during adolescence, children with the inattentive subtype of ADHD tend to be the Behold Power easiest group to Types Of Research, manage and and Symbology are the least likely to have recurring problems; however, they often are the hardest to diagnose.

Hyperactivity behaviors often start by a child's fourth birthday, peak around age 7 to 8 years, and Clinical Beta Thalassemia Essay decrease greatly by adolescence. Impulsive behaviors follow the same early course, but rather than declining in adolescence, remain a problem for life. 7, 14, 15 Impulsive behaviors in adolescence may result in problem drinking and drug use, and impulsive spending in adulthood. In contrast to Behold The Barbie: Education, Essay, hyperactivity and impulsivity, inattention often does not become evident until age 8 or 9 years, but, like impulsivity, then remains a problem for life. By DSM-IV criteria, the onset of symptoms must occur before the age of 7 years, persist for at least 6 months, be present in more than 1 setting (e.g., school, home, after-school program), and be excessive for the development level of the child.

In addition, an Of Research individual's behaviors should affect at least 1 aspect of life, such as the school, family, or work environment. Behold And Symbology! As with Mr. A, ADHD commonly disrupts daily functioning and development in multiple areas. The diagnostic differential for many of the behaviors found in ADHD includes emotional and behavioral problems (e.g., depression, anxiety disorders including obsessive-compulsive disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder, conduct disorder) developmental problems (e.g., learning disabilities, mental retardation, conditions such as fragile X syndrome), and shellshock 2 error 1007 medical conditions (e.g., sensory deficits, seizures, fetal alcohol syndrome, thyroid disorders). For recent immigrants, these conditions may present at an age beyond that commonly encountered by American clinicians. Environmental concerns and experiences can also lead to behaviors mimicking ADHD and can be particularly difficult to define in recent immigrants. 16, 17 These include culturally different parenting approaches, parental psychopathology, stressful home environment, lack of experience with the American school environment, inadequate language skills, and child abuse or neglect. 18 A substantial number of individuals with ADHD will also have comorbid psychiatric conditions (e.g., depression, oppositional defiant disorder, learning disabilities). A variety of Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay, rating scales are available and primary tertiary helpful in evaluating children (see http://nichq.org); however, most of Education,, these have been validated in referral populations rather than primary care settings and may not be generalizable to immigrant populations.

These scales include ones for use by primary secondary tertiary clinicians, parents, and teachers. Also, collecting information from other settings (e.g., summer programs, after-school programs) may provide additional helpful insight, particularly if the rater is from a background similar to the patient, but not a family member. For older patients who do not recall enough about their childhood, clinicians should have them speak to Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology Essay, relatives to gather their childhood histories. For example, clues to onset before age 7 years might include being held back or suspended in early school years, old report cards indicating behavior problems, or stories of being difficult to control. Scales for adults (e.g., the Wender Utah Rating Scale, 19 also available in French 20 ; the primary secondary tertiary structures Copeland Symptom Checklist for Behold The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay, Attention Deficit Disorders 21 ; the Conners Adult ADHD Rating Scale 22 ) can be useful, but yield large numbers of Clinical Genetic Disorder: Essay, false positives and cannot be relied on Education, Power and Symbology for diagnosis without supportive evidence from clinical assessment. 23. Treatment approaches to ADHD include an array of psychotropic medications, behavioral and psychological treatments, and complementary and alternative medicine approaches. Medications are generally the Types Of Research Essay preferred treatment modality and can be combined with behavioral or psychological interventions, especially in children with behavioral problems or comorbid psychiatric conditions.

Stimulant medications and psychosocial treatment have been the major foci of clinical research; however, the duration of most randomized trials has been 3 months or less, and The Barbie: Education, and Symbology Essay thus the shellshock live literature on long-term treatment is The Barbie: Power Essay, sparse. In general, studies suggest that stimulants and psychosocial treatments are efficacious. 24, 25 They also indicate that treatment with stimulants is superior to psychosocial treatment. 26. Short-term trials of Want Essay, stimulants support their efficacy, with response rates in the 70#x00025;-to-90#x00025; range. 27 Methyl-phenidate and dextroamphetamine are the most studied stimulants. Education, Power And Symbology! While there are longer-acting stimulants, these do not appear to provide any improvement in efficacy. Studies have found that stimulants improve the defining symptoms of ADHD and Women in China associated aggression. However, there are not consistent findings that improvement in symptoms leads to improvement in Education, Power and Symbology, academic achievement or social skills. 28, 29.

Aside from studies suggesting the efficacy of Types Of Research, using stimulants, there are also studies of antidepressants showing that tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., imipramine, desipramine, nortriptyline) produce improvements over placebo. 30 The primary concern regarding their use is the Education, and Symbology Essay risk of cardiac side effects, especially in overdose. Atomoxetine also has proven efficacy for ADHD 31, 32 ; it is the only medication approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in adult ADHD, is not a controlled medication, and might be particularly useful when possible comorbid substance abuse is a concern. 33 However, it does have a new black-box warning regarding the potential for severe liver injury, based on 2 reports (1 of a teenager and 1 of an adult). Psychosocial treatments of ADHD with demonstrated efficacy include behavioral strategies such as contingency management (e.g., point/token reward systems, timeout, response cost) that is conducted in the classroom, parent training (parent is in China Essay, taught child management skills), and clinical behavior therapy (parent, teacher, or both are taught to use contingency management procedures). 34 In contrast, cognitive-behavioral treatment (e.g., self-monitoring, self-instruction, problem-solving strategies, self-reinforcement) has not been found to be helpful in children with ADHD. Behold The Barbie: Power And Symbology! 35, 36. Complementary and alternative medicine strategies are very commonly used and might have particular appeal to families from other cultures. 37 Such therapies include special diets and supplements, megavitamins, applied kinesiology, and biofeedback; however, their benefits have not been demonstrated in clinical trials.

38 Diet, including reducing sugar, affects behavior in less than 1#x00025; of children. 39 One role in Clinical Genetic Essay, which the primary care physician can be helpful is to help families assess alternative treatments and not be enticed by expensive treatments of little benefit. The treatment of ADHD should be viewed as involving 3 stages of therapy: initiation and titration, maintenance, and termination. 40 During the initial phase of treatment, patients and families should be educated regarding ADHD ( Table 2 for examples of parental activities that may be helpful), therapeutic goals should be established with the patient and The Barbie: Power family, and treatment should be initiated. If medications available in Types Of Research Essay, short- and long-acting forms are selected, initial titration can best be accomplished using short-acting forms, observing for response and side effects. This can be followed by switching to longer-acting forms if desired.

Starting and adjusting medications on a weekend provides opportunity for parents to observe effects and side effects directly. During the maintenance phase, ongoing family education, dosage adjustment, and monitoring of Behold Education,, growth, efficacy, and side effects are appropriate. Primary! The duration and approach to Behold Education, Power and Symbology Essay, termination should be individualized, with regular discussions with patients and Essay families to Behold The Barbie: Power Essay, support adherence to treatment rather than unsupervised treatment termination. Stimulant medications and atomoxetine may be stopped at once, while other medications (e.g., tricyclic antidepressants) may need to be tapered. Trials off therapy, for Beta Thalassemia Essay, instance during school holidays, may help determine if medications are still beneficial.

In summary, although there are a range of The Barbie: Education, and Symbology, treatment modalities that have been tried in the treatment of ADHD in children, the management approach that has proved most effective includes stimulants and at the psychosocial treatments focused on behavioral strategies. Of note, in one large study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, there was no difference in response to treatment between ethnic groups (Latino, African American, and white). The Barbie: Power And Symbology Essay! 41. ADHD AND ITS CARE FROM A HAITIAN PERSPECTIVE. While there is secondary structures, no corresponding term for ADHD in the Haitian-Creole language, in the Haitian culture the Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay behaviors consistent with the and Marriage in China diagnosis of ADHD might be interpreted as indicating the Power following: Among Haitians, the interpretation of ADHD-related behaviors varies widely from family to family depending on Of Research religious affiliations, level of Education, and Symbology, education, and experience with school and primary care systems. Stigma, language, cultural conceptions, concerns about governmental agencies, and physician and teacher bias can all serve as barriers to care for immigrant families ( Table 3 ). An important determinant of the Clinical Genetic Beta Thalassemia Essay treatment or other intervention strategy a family pursues is their perception of the cause of the ADHD behaviors. Education, And Symbology Essay! Whether the secondary tertiary structures cause is natural or unnatural is The Barbie: and Symbology, extremely important in the Haitian belief system. #x0201c;Natural#x0201d; ailments are often attributed to natural forces (heat/cold, gas, wind, temperature), while #x0201c;unnatural#x0201d; ailments are attributed to bad spirits or punishment inflicted by God. These are treated using either natural remedies or religious intervention. 42 Such belief systems can influence a family's acceptance of a physician's diagnosis of ADHD and their adherence to Western medical treatments.

In the United States, as in primary secondary tertiary, many other countries, the diagnosis of ADHD is Education, Power and Symbology Essay, mainly a medical one and involves pediatric and family medicine providers, social workers, and Women in China psychologists. However, for most of the population in Haiti, a child would not be brought to a primary care physician for care of a behavioral problem. Doctors are generally seen only for physical illness and emergency care; access to primary care is limited and generally available only to the most affluent. ADHD manifesting as a negative behavior usually is Behold Essay, handled by parents, extended family, and school teachers through verbal or corporal discipline. Verbal discipline includes preaching to the child, comparing the child to others, begging the child to behave, and humiliating the child.

Corporal discipline and punishment can be inflicted by live any member of the family, neighbors, and The Barbie: Education, Power Essay schoolteachers, all of whom are given full authority to educate and #x0201c;correct#x0201d; the Clinical Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia Essay child. Immigration adds a complex dimension to Behold The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology, raising children. New families find themselves devoid of the support of the extended family, in an environment that is not supportive of their interpretation of child behaviors and traditionally accepted parental disciplinary style. Like many Haitian American parents living in the United States faced with similar circumstances, Mr. At The Constitutional In Philadelphia! A's parents chose to send him back to Haiti with the Behold The Barbie: Power Essay hope that a more authoritative parenting style, the enforcement of 2 error, discipline in Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology Essay, school (schoolteachers are very respected), and removal of the interference of the American social worker would offer a better environment for rearing their child. Mr. A went to live with his grandmother first and Of Research then off to a boarding school, a setting seen by many Haitian parents as the ultimate answer to a child with behavioral problems. There are many beliefs among Haitian Americans surrounding the use of medication.

Many in the Haitian American community see the Behold Power and Symbology Essay use of psychoactive medications as a gateway to substance abuse or mental illness. Therefore, even parents who agree to primary tertiary, allow their children to try them will most likely have low thresholds for terminating medication and be unsupported by family members, friends, neighbors, and even religious leaders. Mr. A's parents received much unsolicited advice, and Behold and Symbology Essay some friends wanted them to #x0201c;lift their feet#x0201d; ( Leve pye nou : to see a Hougan or voodoo priest) who might be able to determine the unnatural but real cause of their son's problem. Being transnational and having access to both native Haitian medicine and Of Research Western medicine, Haitian Americans routinely combine therapeutic foods that are considered cold in nature, natural sedatives and purgatives from traditional herbal medicine, religious treatments, and Western medicine to treat illness. Examples of folk treatments for ADHD include mint tea, sweetsop (apple custard), or leaf teas (usually hot drinks); tizanne (usually cold drinks) of lettuce or other refreshing vegetables; and baths with boiled leaves ( bain de feuille ), which are often used as natural sedatives. While it may be difficult to establish trust with Haitian families initially, such trust in the doctor-patient relationship is essential in obtaining their participation in the development of The Barbie: Power Essay, a treatment plan to which they will adhere.

Clinicians should work to disarm or to Women and Marriage in China, gain acceptance with parents and family members. It may be helpful to learn a few words of Creole or tidbits of Haitian history, to be respectful of combining benign natural remedies with conventional Western medicine, and to find ways to show respect for the family's heritage. Engaging families in supportive behavioral management approaches (see Table 2 ) can give them a sense of control and involvement that will help build adherence to other treatments recommended. Cultural sensitivity is essential in dealing with not only Haitian patients but also patients from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds. One definition of cultural competency is #x0201c;a set of congruent attitudes, behaviors, and policies that come together in a system, agency, or amongst professionals and enables them to Behold Education, and Symbology Essay, work effectively in cross-cultural situations.#x0201d; 43 Haitians, like most immigrant patients, need sympathetic advice and help from their physicians, as they often feel governmental agencies such as the local department of social services place a great deal of pressure on them to either medicate their children or move their children to other school systems. In direct contrast, it is also important not to #x0201c;overemphasize#x0201d; a patient's culture when considering a diagnosis and treatment. While many of the barriers listed above may be relevant for some patients, culture is only one factor in their understanding of their illness. Educational, social, economic, and individual factors may also hold relevance. Because the interface of psychiatric disorders#x02014;in this case ADHD#x02014;and culture is Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia Essay, complex, it is a useful context for examining the integration of psychiatric and primary care. While there are a number of models of such primary care and behavioral integration, one, called #x0201c;primary mental health care,#x0201d; 44#x02013;47 is particularly useful in Education, Essay, managing families from other cultures. The goal of this approach is to resolve problems within the secondary tertiary primary care service context: #x0201c;primary mental health#x0201d; is designed to support the Behold Education, and Symbology ongoing behavioral health interventions of the primary care provider.

This model of Essay, behavioral health care is consistent with the philosophy, service goals, and health care strategies of primary care. Behold! This approach involves making psychiatric consultative services available to primary secondary, primary care providers and allows for behavioral health and primary care comanagement of Education, Essay, patients who require more concentrated services, but nevertheless can be managed in primary care. Both consultative and condensed specialty treatment services are delivered as first-line interventions for primary care patients who have behavioral health needs. In summary, there are several options for assisting Mr. A and his family and Why I to Become a Lawyer other Haitian children and adults with ADHD:

Drug names: atomoxetine (Strattera), desipramine (Norpramin and Behold The Barbie: Essay others), dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat, and others), imipramine (Tofranil and Types Essay others), methylphenidate (Metadate, Ritalin, and others), nortriptyline (Pamelor, Aventyl, and others). The authors acknowledge Jean-Robert Boisrond, Coordinator of the Power and Symbology Haitian Health Institute at primary tertiary structures Boston Medical Center, Boston, Mass., for assistance in preparation of the case and for Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, commitment to the special needs of the Haitian people. Cultural Currents presents clinical experience derived from the practices of clinicians caring for patients and at the convention families whose cultural backgrounds are outside of the mainstream of society. At times, those very clinicians will be in the position to provide rich insights afforded by Essay their own unique cultural backgrounds. These case reports and commentaries provide knowledge and strategies helpful in the clinical encounter with patients from Women and Marriage, other cultures. This article is based on a Grand Rounds presented at the Department of Family Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Mass., on Sept. Behold! 16, 2003. The authors received no direct support related to this article. Dr. Culpepper has been a consultant for Eli Lilly.

Drs. Prudent, Johnson, and Carroll report no financial or other relationship relevant to the subject of this article.

Order Essay - Life Of Pi Analysis Essay - Example Of Essay

Buy Essay Online - Free marge piercy barbie doll Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

CanGo Final Report Teamblue Essay. Elizabeth Bennett, a businesswoman that had a great idea and worked hard to start a new business in the ecommerce market named CanGo. She began making groundbreaking decisions in Behold Power and Symbology Essay, 2006 when she started CanGo. Over the years this new booming business was established to provide customers with opportunities to purchase books, music, videos and games in an online environment. CanGo was designed to accommodate consumers in todays market by Want, providing them with affordable options for entertainment at the touch of the fingertips without leaving home. However CanGo started off with a blast of success but the organization like any other have some concerns and Behold The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, issues that need some professional attention. One of the issues that CanGo lacks is a formal strategic business plan. And Marriage? The company has failed to really define its values and mission statement. They clearly do not have any goals set forth. The Barbie:? Another issue is poor communication meaning the staff members and management is unclear of goals to meet project needs. In summary, CanGo cannot survive todays world if they cant adapt and develop a professional and aggressive strategic plan while implementing a range of Why I Essay, reforms.

CanGo is an IPO Recognized Company. Liz thought it would be a good idea to hold an IPO (Initial Public Offering) to raise capital that would help expand the business. CanGo would like to add on more products. In todays market there are so many competitors that sell a variety of Behold Essay, products, it makes sense to try to keep up or past competition. CanGo has a loyal team that welcomes diversity. The team that is creative and works well together and welcomes new and exciting projects.

CanGo does not have a strategic business plan to follow. This plan would give CanGo significant direction and would allow them to Genetic Essay, identify short-term and long-term goals. It is Education, up to Liz the CEO of the company to develop a strategic plan. CanGo struggles with communication from top to bottom. Essay? From management down to staff members goals and deadlines are unclear to meet project expectations. The Barbie: And Symbology? The tasks arent prioritized.

CanGo lacks any structure in their warehouse. The products arent in any specific order, they are hard to find. When customers places orders, that staff members pull these orders manually and Essay, ship them. There is no organization whatsoever. CanGo can utilize advanced technology with software and hardware with integration of Power, inventory barcode control. This would give them more organization in Genetic Disorder: Thalassemia Essay, the warehouse to Education, and Symbology Essay, locate products easier and keep track of the warehouse inventory.

CanGos plays partners or roles in the ecommerce growing market which enables them to reach out to primary tertiary, consumers globally. This gives them both a domestic and The Barbie: Power and Symbology Essay, international consumer base. While CanGo thinks about Types Essay, expansion, the staff members are juggling multiple tasks which result in the staff feeling overworked due to The Barbie: Power and Symbology, no type of system to work efficiently. CanGo has no technology in Want to Become a Lawyer Essay, place to compete with their biggest competitors such as Amazon or EBay. They have no type of application downloads to view or use their products instantly. In todays ecommerce market, Internet has truly defined the way we a society do things from communication, entertainment, shopping, and Education, Power Essay, research of information. E-commerce has been successful because it offers a lot of advantages for both consumers and retailers.

Consumers can make comparisons of products and prices with just a click of a mouse. Online retailers or online company which is shellshock what CanGo is provides the power of Behold Education, and Symbology Essay, online purchases from the comfort of the consumer homes and delivery to their doorstep. While doing some research, In June 2009, a study by the Carnegie Mellon Green Design Institute in the US found that shopping online can reduce our environmental impact by as much as 66%. For businesses like CanGo, the advantages of Want to Become Essay, e-commerce lies mainly in The Barbie: Power Essay, the low cost setting up and maintaining the convention in philadelphia, business. According to MarketLine, the Behold Education, and Symbology, world online retail market expanded by almost 18% in Women Essay, 2010 and Education, Power, is predicted to reach close to $435 billion in sales. The market is at the convention expected to reach a 90% growth by 2015 and exceed $827 billion in sales.

Listed in an article Ecommerce Growth Statistics, the average amount spent by each consumer is expected to rise from $1,207 per year to $1,738 per person by 2016. That is a significant increase. That shows that people prefer to shop online than going to the actual store in todays society. Shoppers will spend on an average of $327 billion online shopping in 2016, which is about 45% from $226 billion in 2012. It is very evident that consumers will drive ecommerce into the future; especially e-retail.

In just a few years, purchases online will be more profitable than ever, with others products and Behold The Barbie:, services available to purchase such as mobile and primary tertiary, social allowing consumers to shop to their convenience. For retailers and others, it would be strategic to The Barbie: Essay, utilize all tools available for advertisement such as social networking, website optimization, and marketing. CanGo needs to Of Research Essay, be aware of Education, Power and Symbology, their competition if they wish to remain completely in primary structures, their particular market. It is Essay very important to reach the success of any business. A competitive analysis is a statement of the business strategy statement and how it relates to the competition (Entrepreneur Media, Inc., 2006). This provides the appropriate data needed to remain competitive and in the competition. The information provided includes details about the competition, assumptions and strategies. And Marriage Essay? Also anything that could possibly hinder business success. Essay? If CanGo were to move forward with deciding a plan without taking into consideration their competition, they could be setting themselves up for the ultimate failure. A competitive analysis was done for of CanGo to help in the development of primary secondary tertiary structures, their marketing strategy within the Retail and Software Industries. CanGo has experienced growth over the last few years, even though it is still a fairly young company; unfortunately the growth has been really slow, a lot slower than their competition.

In order to remain competitive in the market, CanGo must get a better understanding of and Symbology, both the 2 error 1007, Retail and Software industries, along with knowing their competitors objectives inside the Behold The Barbie: Power, market. Clinical Genetic Disorder: Beta Thalassemia Essay? The analysis focused on Education, and Symbology Essay, three of their competitor Amazon, being reliable and devoted in the industry, shows that there is definitely a market for selling books, CDs, DVDs and online gaming services. Yet, there is no one competitor that offers both the products and online gaming services being offered by CanGo, as these are two completely different markets. Yet, each of these companies does have a common offering, that which is PC and Video games. This suggests that CanGo may benefit from offering online gaming as part of their portfolio, and secondary structures, even leaves room for growth into Behold Education, other market segments in the future. Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN on NASDAQ), started as a bookseller and Why I Essay, today is one of the Power and Symbology Essay, largest, well- known, worldwide media retailers. Essay? They were founded in Behold The Barbie: Power and Symbology, 1994 by Jeff Bezos and became an online retail merchant in 1995 (Amazon.com, Inc., 2010). They have over twenty-two subsidiaries, operating in two different countries, North America and Germany (Luxembourg) and this does not include their seven online e-commerce sites. They are partnered with several third-party companies, which represent 30% of their unit sales for 2009 (Amazon.com, Inc., 2010).

Sales for the year 2009 were $24.51 billion, which was an increase of 28% over 2008s sales of $19.17 billion (Amazon.com, Inc., 2010). This growth was due to Amazon.com, Inc.s ability to minimize price increases for the consumer, and growing their stock both in inventory and selection for each of their product offerings (Amazon.com, Inc., 2010). Clinical Thalassemia? Amazon is now a multi-billion dollar business with a wide range of product offerings, allowing them to capture multiple market segments. Based upon this data, Amazon.com, Inc. The Barbie: Education, Power? will be a tough competitor of CanGo. Finally, operations, overall growth, and entrance into additional foreign markets may pose additional threats. These types of moves can be taxing on already stressed resources, and product non-acceptance.

These risks may keep Amazon.com, Inc. a solid competitor of constitutional in philadelphia, CanGo. They may also allow CanGo to get ahead in the market, as they try to Behold and Symbology Essay, make a name for themselves, in providing a service not currently available in the Amazon.com, Inc. portfolio. CanGo will have the chance to grow and keep growing more and more in future if they make themselves ready financially, train management, and staff to sell online. They should be able to have enough funds and primary secondary structures, tools for marketing, in order to market new online gaming in the right way. Having financial stability to grow the Behold The Barbie: Power Essay, business is not enough, without having the strategic plans in place. The financial analysis of CanGos compared with the competitor like Amazon is very weak when it comes to revenue and sales value, but it has a lot of secondary structures, advantages for CanGo. For example, CanGo can become a partner with Amazon for online ordering throw Amazon website for Behold Education, Power Essay basic commissions will be paid by CanGo, which is will help CanGo to increase their revenue within a year by at least 20% 25%, also, will assess and evaluate CanGos liquidity, debt, profitability, and 2 error 1007, efficiency rations. These ratios will provide insight into the true state of CanGos financial situation and how strong its for the upcoming online gaming market.

The turnover ratio for CanGo Inventory is .29, and the turnover ratio for Amazon Inventory is.11. Which is The Barbie: Education, and Symbology indicates that CanGo manages its inventory better than Amazon because the less turnover ratio you have the less overstocking inventory company has. So, we can say that CanGo has more an Clinical Thalassemia efficient performance than Amazon. Another factor of having high ratios can indicate a loss of sales or returns. Amazon debt to equity ratio is stands at .42 while CanGo debt to equity is stands at .65; In this case, we can say that Amazon performance is a lot better than CanGo. A high Debt to Behold Power Essay, Equity Ratio generally means that a company has been aggressive in financing its growth with debt. Debt can come in the form of stocks, bonds, and loans that the company borrowed against.

Amazon current ratio is 1.31, but CanGo current ratio is 5.33. Women In China? In general we can see that CanGo is performing better in this area compared with their main competitor Amazon, because this ratio shows that CanGo is capable of repaying its debts and liabilities than Amazon. Like we all know that the higher the current ratio, the more capable the company is of paying its debts and liabilities. A ratio under 1 does not necessarily mean a company will go bankrupt. Finally, CanGo recorded a Net Profit Margin of Behold Power and Symbology, 80%, whereas Amazon recorded a Net Profit Margin of 20%.

It means that CanGos made $0.8 of Types Of Research, each $1.0 per sale as a profit to the company. CanGo should keep in mind at all the time that net margins often vary from company to Power and Symbology, company and certain ranges can be expected from industry to industry, as similar business constraints exist in each distinctive industry. We can see that CanGo financial analysis indicates that CanGo performs very well in certain areas more than the competitor like Amazon, but at the same time we will see that CanGo is performing poorly than Amazon in other areas too. In order for CanGo to succeed in the market theyre currently in, they must first put in place strategic planning methods. Elizabeth being the CEO started this business based off chance indicating there was no direction or definitive guidelines set in place when this company was established. Types? According to text, CanGo was recognized by the Professional Business Association, confirming indeed that CanGo has the potential to rise above their current standards; however, they lack since of direction when it comes to strategic planning. We suggest to CanGo and Liz not to expand their business and continue with the Behold Education, Power, current products they currently offer until theyre able to determine their financial stability, having training in Types Of Research, place for current employees, and the direction they would like the company to go within the next three to four years. In order for CanGo to get on the right path to a successful business, CanGo needs to start off with a mission and a vision. Having a mission is the key tool that can be important in her business plan.

It will allow CanGo to define their company goals and aspire theyre current employees and consumers. With a Vision, it will allow the company to focus on the big picture at Behold Power and Symbology, hand. Genetic Beta Essay? It will identify what they would like to achieve as a company, whether it be to expand or build based off what they currently have by adding new services. CanGo also need to train their employees and conduct monthly evaluations that will give them great feedback as to how their performing as an employee. Behold Power And Symbology? We suggest you include incentive programs; which will not only motivate the employees to do better, but allow the company to Clinical Thalassemia, earn revenue potential as well. Having incentive programs in place, will motivate the employees to Behold The Barbie: and Symbology, sale more products and push for CanGo to broaden their horizon within a competitive market. Primary Secondary Tertiary Structures? Next, Liz and her group should focus on having a detailed SWOT analysis done on the company. This will allow CanGo to develop a proper business plan that will suit the needs of the company as a whole. Strategic Planning will assist CanGo with making better decisions, allowing them to have the room for The Barbie: and Symbology Essay growth and shellshock 1007, become more of a competitive advantage.

CanGo has the potential to become bigger than Amazon and or any other competitor, but Liz as the CEO need to set guidelines in Behold Power, getting the company where it needs to go in Want a Lawyer Essay, order to succeed. Over the past 8 weeks, Team Blue Consulting has been working with the The Barbie: Education, Power Essay, CEO of CanGo (Elizabeth), to provide her with the guidance she need in order to Essay, move CanGo to the next level. We had to the chance to provide the company with a SWOT analysis, pointing out the things that can be fixed and what things they can improve on as a business. Unfortunately, if CanGo doesnt make the necessary changes in order to compete in the current market by The Barbie: Education, Power and Symbology Essay, first establishing their mission and vision for Genetic Disorder: Beta CanGo, there is no guarantee this company will be around for the years to come. We provided CanGo with the The Barbie: and Symbology Essay, financials, market analysis, SWOT, and strategic planning in order to assist with making their goals come to life. Disorder: Essay? They have to begin with an end in mind, meaning having a plan in place that will give the employees and management the ability to work as a team in The Barbie: Education,, order to help Liz grow this business. As we mention earlier within the strategic plan, take the opportunity to recognize what you can change as a company and we guarantee CanGo will be successful. Again, we thank you for and Marriage in China allowing Team Blue Consulting to assist you in making the right decisions in hopes you will consider all feedback in making your business a success. E-Commerce Industry. (n.d.). QFINANCE RSS.

Retrieved June 22, 2014, from http://www.qfinance.com/sector-profiles/e-commerce . (n.d.). . Retrieved June 22, 2014, from http://www.reportlinker.com/ci02106/e-Commerce.html Ecommerce Growth Statistics. (n.d.). Online Businesses for Sale. Retrieved June 23, 2014, from http://pure-ecommerce.com/ecommerce-growth-statistics.html Entrepreneur Magazine | September 2006. (n.d.). Entrepreneur. Behold The Barbie: Power Essay? Retrieved June 23, 2014, from http://www.entrepreneur.com/entrepreneurmagazine/2006/09 . (N.D) Retrieved June 23, 2014, from http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97664p=irol reportsannual Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel. (n.d.). . Retrieved June 23, 2014, from 2 error 1007 http://www.amazon.com/ Retrieved from. http://www.global-integration.com/blog/matrix-organization-structure-advantages/ Lawlor, J.E. (2005.) The Importance of Strategic Planning. Practical. University/College: University of California. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 18 September 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on CanGo Final Report Teamblue.

for only The Barbie: Education, Power $16.38 $13.9/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.