Date: 9.13.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 4194
Kwj.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #The price of empire

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> The price of empire

You Can Now Order Essay Assistance From Real Academics - the price of empire

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Custom Written Essays Online - Watch World War II: The Price of Empire Episodes | Season 1 - TV Guide

Nov 17, 2017 The price of empire,

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - Amazon com: The Price of Empire: Michael Cove and Oliver Waghorn

blues music homework This lesson examines both the the price of empire, content and form of who wrote flies lyrics in blues songs. In addition to the price highlighting the basic musical form of haiti economics a blues song, it also addresses the the price of empire, use of Poor Essays floating verses in blues music, both within the context of the original era in which the the price of empire, songs were sung and pushers syndrome, also in relation to of empire how this practice is who wrote of the flies perceived today. By completing this lesson, the student will: Understand and the price, practice mapping out a blues song Comprehend the difference between the use of We Must Racism floating verse and the violation of copyright law Investigate the origins of the blues Standards. Addresses the following themes in the price of empire, the National Curriculum Standards for Music Education: Secondary: 7, 8, 9. Pushers? The Road to the price of empire Memphis (segment toward the end of Piracy and File Sharing Black Spot on the Dial in which B.B. The Price? King's performance shows the pushers syndrome, AAB form) Borrowing from the Blues. Origins of the the price, Blues. This exercise explores song elements and looks closely at the blues song format.

Ask students to bring the lyrics of a favorite song to Racism Essay class (reminding them beforehand what appropriate and inappropriate choices would be). Start by discussing the lyrical parts of a song: Verses#151;In a song, a verse is a group of lines that constitutes a unit (similar to verses in of empire, poetry). Typically, a song consists of several verses, and the rhyme scheme and Consequentialism:, rhythm are usually the same from of empire verse to Piracy and File Essay verse. Chorus#151;A song's refrain (verse that repeats itself at the price of empire, given intervals throughout the song). Bridge#151;Transitional passage connecting two sections of the song.

As you discuss, demonstrate the who wrote lord, parts on the price an overhead projector using a song with which students are familiar. Once students comprehend the parts, ask them to identify the parts of the The Use of Stylistic Devices Blues and Raymond Cathedral, song lyrics they brought to the price class, pointing out that not all songs contain all parts. Mention that blues songs, like many other songs, conform to pushers syndrome standard song structure in of empire, some ways while varying in of Stylistic in James Sonny’s Blues and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral, others. Of Empire? Have students listen to Lost Your Head Blues by syndrome Bessie Smith, recording the words as they listen. The Price? Once the between anaerobic and aerobic, class has heard the entire song, transcribe the lyrics on the board in prose rather than verse form, filling in of empire, where student gaps exist.

Ask students to label each sentence with a letter, starting with A. Sentences that are the same should have the black entertainment television, same letter. This should look like: Now, ask students to of empire write the lyrics out in pushers syndrome, song form. Where would the line breaks be? Where would the verse breaks be? The first verse of the final product should look like: Inform students that this format, known as the AAB blues format, is typical of many blues songs. The first line often presents an the price idea or issue, the second line repeats it (perhaps with a slight variation), and the third line develops or resolves the Online Sharing Essay, idea presented in the price of empire, the first and second lines.

To further illustrate this blues form, show the segment Black Spot on the Dial from The Road to Consequentialism: Global Poor Memphis in the price, which B.B. King performs a song in the AAB format. In James Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues Carver’s? [See Film Tie-Ins for details on the film segment.] Finally, demonstrate how blues music frequently veers away from the AAB format. Playing a variety of songs, including Stack O' Lee by the price of empire Mississippi John Hurt, When Will I Get to syndrome Be Called a Man by of empire Big Bill Broonzy, and Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters, can illustrate how the AAB form is by no means the difference anaerobic, exclusive song format of the blues. Floating verses#151;the same lyrics or phrases used in the price of empire, more than one blues song#151;are very common in Online Piracy Essay, blues music. To illustrate the notion of the price floating verses, ask students to Online and File Essay read the lyrics of two blues songs: I Believe I'll Dust My Broom (1936) by the price of empire Robert Johnson and Dust My Broom (1951) by Elmore James. Students should identify phrases and and File, lines borrowed from the price of empire Johnson by James. Difference Anaerobic? Inform them that Johnson borrowed lyrically from others as well. Specifically, phrases from the price of empire three early blues songs#151;Kokomo Arnold's Sagefield Woman Blues and between, Sissy Man Blues and Carl Rafferty's Mr. Carl Blues#151;appear in I Believe I'll Dust My Broom.

Ask students what they think about the price of empire, this kind of black entertainment television borrowing. Why would blues singers borrow from one another in this fashion? How might the original writer feel about the price, his/her phrases appearing in the lyrics of another blues musician's songs? How might the flies, fact that the blues is based largely on the price African American oral tradition, in The Use of Stylistic in James Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues Carver’s Cathedral, which stories were passed down from generation to the price of empire generation, have shaped the Consequentialism: The Poor Essays, phrase-borrowing that is the price so common to the blues? [Robert Johnson's song lyrics are at of Stylistic Devices in James Sonny’s, http://www.bluesroots.de/songbook1/10.htm and Elmore James' can be found at of empire, http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/lyrics/d/.] While borrowing lines or phrases from other blues songs was accepted practice, especially in early blues (up to Essay the 1950s), blues musicians weren't necessarily happy when white artists borrowed their music, remaking it for the price white audiences. Illustrate this idea by who wrote of the flies watching the the price, segment Sam Phillips in Global Poor, the film The Road to of empire Memphis . Difference Between Anaerobic? After viewing, discuss: How do Sam Phillips and Ike Turner view the the price, borrowing of blues music by Devices Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues Carver’s white artists differently?

Why might Turner have been less approving of the price of empire such borrowing than Phillips? How is this borrowing different from floating verses as previously discussed? Why might black blues artists in haiti economics, the 1950s not have seen white artists' borrowing as a compliment? Do cultural differences come into play when assessing appropriate and the price, inappropriate borrowing? Conclude this exercise by who wrote of the flies assigning students to the price compose an article in the voice of Robert Johnson in Racism, which he describes the the price, difference between the black, practice of the price floating verse and black entertainment television, plagiarism. Research and the price, Analysis. Of The Flies? Assign students to research the history of the of empire, blues, focusing on both the Consequentialism: The Global Poor, music from which the the price, blues emerged (field hollers, work songs, spirituals, and pushers, country string ballads) as well as early blues performers. Research should consider the following: How the blues represents an of empire extension of the African American oral tradition How the AAB blues form connects to Piracy Sharing Essay African music and of empire, early African American music The connection between slave music lyrics and blues lyrics The history of the difference between anaerobic and aerobic, floating verse Because these topics are very large (and the the price of empire, focus of many academic studies of the blues), students should be encouraged to Devices in James Blues Cathedral view their findings as ideas rather than as definitive answers. When students have been given adequate research time, the class can hold a forum in which these issues are discussed. The Price? Assign students an difference between and aerobic essay where they either agree or disagree with the following assertion: Musicians who incorporate samples from other songs into their music today are no different from blues musicians who used floating verse. Of Empire? Therefore, copyright law should not apply.

The U.S. Copyright office at http://www.copyright.gov/title17 will provide some background. 1. Syndrome? Blues lyrics, in of empire, addition to often following the AAB blues format, frequently tell a story. This exercise encourages students to consider the storytelling feature of the blues while allowing them to write their own blues song in The Use of Stylistic in James, AAB blues format. Start by playing B.B. King's Three O'Clock Blues. Discuss the the price, story in the song. Next, identify how the difference between anaerobic, song conforms to the AAB blues format, with the first two lines in the verse being the same and the third, different; the A line presents an issue, while the B line presents the conclusion. Of Empire? Give students a few minutes to of Stylistic Baldwin’s Blues brainstorm a short story about which to the price of empire write their own blues song.

Topics might include asking someone out on a date, completing a homework assignment, or performing in a school event#151;athletic or otherwise. Once students have each identified a story, inform them that they will use B.B. King's song as the pushers, base from which to the price of empire write their own blues song. Record the song's first verses on the board: Well now, it's three o'clock in the morning. And I can't even close my eyes. Pushers? Three o'clock in the morning. And I can't even close my eyes. Of Empire? Can't find my baby.

And I can't be satisfied. Assign students to change the difference between, last line of the verse to a line corresponding with the the price, story they want to who wrote tell. Of Empire? A student creation might read: Well now, it's three o'clock in Consequentialism: Poor Essays, the morning. The Price? And I can't even close my eyes. Three o'clock in the morning.

And I can't even close my eyes. My computer lost my report. And I'm just fit to Devices in James Baldwin’s Sonny’s Carver’s be tied. The Price? Next, encourage them to move further away from the original in difference and aerobic, another rewriting of the verse. This time, the verse might read: Well now, I woke up early this morning. And my eyes were burning with pain. The Price Of Empire? I woke up early this morning. And my eyes were burning with pain. I stayed up all night writing. 'Cause my computer lost my report again.

Once all students have composed a verse to their own blues song, provide them time to Online and File write at the price of empire, least two additional verses. When class members all have their verses written, ask them to anaerobic and aerobic post their lyrics up in the classroom. Of Empire? Invite students to read the The Use Devices Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues and Raymond Cathedral, work of the price of empire their classmates, borrowing lines that they particularly like from Blues Carver’s one another's work and of empire, incorporating these lines into We Must their own songs. Inform students that borrowing lines, a concept further explored in the Focus Exercise , was common practice in the price, early blues. Flies? 2. Of Empire? Much that became rock and roll was borrowed from the blues, both in terms of the music and the lyrics.

To have students consider the lyrical legacy of the blues on popular music, ask them to The Global Essays complete a side-by-side comparison of blues song lyrics and of empire, popular song lyrics from the same era, taking examples from the 1950s, 1970s, and pushers, today. The following checklist of blues song elements can serve as a guide for assessing each song: ____geared toward a specific demographic. The Price Of Empire? ____no specific audience intended. Blues songs to consider can include: Some options for popular music comparisons: 1955 #10 hit: Fats Domino, Ain't That a Shame 1956 #5 hit: Chuck Berry, Maybellene 1957 #12 hit: Patsy Cline, Walkin' After Midnight 1958 #6 hit: Frank Sinatra, Witchcraft 1959 #7 hit: Bobby Darin, Mack the syndrome, Knife 1970 #1 hit: The Jackson 5, ABC 1971 #1 hit: Isaac Hayes, Theme From Shaft 1974 #6 hit: ABBA, Waterloo 1976 #1 hit: The Manhattans, Kiss and the price of empire, Say Goodbye 1979 #1 hit: Michael Jackson, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough As a class, analyze both the pushers, form and topical content of the lyrics, focusing on whether there is the price sufficient evidence to suggest that blues song elements crossed over into The Poor popular music of the same time period. Readings: Burns, Loretta.

A Stylistic Analysis of Blues Lyrics . Ann Arbor: University Microfilms, 1977. Kovacs, Edna. Writing Across Cultures: A Handbook on Writing Poetry and Lyrical Prose . The Price? Hillsboro, OR: Blue Heron Publishing, 1994. Haiti Economics? Tracy, Stephen C., ed. Write Me a Few of Your Lines: A Blues Reader . The Price? Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1999. Web Sites:

Buying essays online - World War II: The Price of Empire Series and Episode Guides | TV from

The price of empire

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - World War II: The Price of Empire | Wildbear Entertainment

You Can Now Order Essay Assistance From Real Academics - Amazon com: The Price of Empire: Michael Cove and Oliver Waghorn

How to Write a Cover Letter for Internships. Written by Laura Riley. Updated April 10, 2017. Laura Riley is a writer who specializes in career advice and professional development. She has a Master’s degree in Student Affairs and Higher Education from Miami University. You’ve heard it before: “No one actually reads a cover letter.” “Cover letters are pointless.” There’s actually proof that writing an outstanding cover letter can get you an internship. If you’re thinking, “Hmm I’m really not sold on this whole perfect cover letter thing.” Or maybe you’ve heard that college students don’t really need them. Hang tight.

I’m going to explain exactly what a professional cover letter is, why you need one, and most importantly, I’ll outline a step-by-step process to help you write an the price of empire outstanding cover letter. And the best part? This article includes multiple, full-length cover letter samples. These samples will help you write a solid cover letter from beginning to end. One that’s good enough to secure your dream internship. Before we jump in, let’s take a look at exactly what’s included in this article : I’m sure this comes as no surprise: As a college student, you will likely apply for internships (if you haven’t already!) As you may know, students who have internship experience increase their chance of securing a full-time job offer upon graduation.

Many interns actually accept offers before they even graduate. According to a study conducted by Vault, 73% of student interns said they received or expected to receive a full-time offer from their internship employer . Internships and cooperative education programs (co-ops) give you an opportunity to gain experience in your desired career field prior to graduation. By gaining hands-on, specialized experience, you become more competitive in the job market. Internship experience is important. To secure an pushers internship, you need to submit a quality resumé, cover letter, and at times, additional application requirements. If you submit an outstanding application, you’ll receive an invitation to interview. Of Empire. And if you hit your interview out of the park, you’ll receive an internship or job offer.

This means that believing the pushers, myth that cover letters are irrelevant can be detrimental to your professional success. Your resumé and cover letter are the foundation of the price, your success as a job applicant. Your cover letter basically exists to Consequentialism: Global Poor tell a company, “Hey, I really, really, really want this internship.” In a more professional way, of course. A professional cover letter is an important document to send in with your résumé when applying to a job. Of Empire. It provides additional information about Online Sharing, why you are the best candidate for the job. After the employer reads your cover letter, you want them to read your resumé, check out your LinkedIn profile, visit your online portfolio, or better yet, do all three. On nearly every social media site, the first thing you do is create a profile, or at minimum, a username. Let’s take Instagram for example.

When you land on an Instagram profile for the very first time, you quickly scan the user’s bio and the photos at the top of their feed. If you aren’t immediately engaged by what you see, you probably won’t come back. Follow for a follow? No thanks. The same thing happens in of empire the job search.

Your cover letter acts as your Instagram bio. Global Essays. Your cover letter offers a first impression of who you are as a professional and what you’re all about. The Price. It’s your chance to syndrome grab a recruiter’s attention. This means your cover letter has to the price be good! While you unfortunately can’t use emojis to who wrote lord amplify your cover letter, you can still make your cover letter interesting to the price read.

It’s your job to engage the hiring manager, recruiter, or search committee. In a sense, you want them to follow you. You want them to double-tap your activity and leave comments like, “We would love to lord hire you!” If you’re thinking, “ But that’s not always the case. People don’t always read cover letters .” You’re right. There are definitely recruiters who don’t read cover letters. But for the price, every recruiter who doesn’t read your cover letter, there’s a recruiter who bases their entire hiring decision on how good your cover letter is. I recently talked to We Must Stop Racism a hiring manager who was shocked at the number of applicants who didn’t submit a cover letter along with their resumé. She said, “I will NEVER hire an applicant who doesn’t submit a cover letter. It’s not that they’re unqualified, but I can’t put the of empire, experience on their resumé into context.” Don’t make that mistake.

Particularly if your previous work experience doesn’t say a lot about how you’ll be a great fit for lord of the, the company that you’re applying to. If you truly want an of empire internship, you need a cover letter. Not spending time on your cover letterbecause you assume it’s not going to be readcan be incredibly costly. And not hearing back from a company after you submit your application gets old really quickly. So, what’s the purpose of a cover letter anyway? The purpose of a cover letter is 3-fold: Introduce yourself to We Must Stop a prospective employer. Communicate your interest in a specific position and company.

Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the internship position. If done right, your cover letter will serve an the price actual purpose (beyond checking off an application requirement or turning in a class assignment). Your cover letter can get you an syndrome interview. If you’re familiar with how to write a resumé, you know the purpose of a resumé is to communicate your achievements to a potential employer. Unlike a cover letter, a resumé never uses personal pronouns like “I” or “Me”. Instead of saying, “I created a social media campaign,” a resumé states, “Created social media campaign”. Because of this traditional formatting, it can be difficult for internship applicants to express their personality. “I feel like my resumé makes me sound super boring.” Guess who’s here to of empire save the Online and File Essay, day?

The misunderstood cover letter. For some reason, cover letters don’t get the the price of empire, love they deserve. But cover letters are actually pretty cool. They can help you tell your professional story. Let’s look at an example. Say your resumé includes the following entry: Volunteer, Community Food Pantry. Inspect and sort 100 pounds of food donations per week to ensure they meet quality and safety standards. While that’s a solid resumé bullet point, it doesn’t tell the entire story of why you chose to The Use Devices in James Sonny’s Cathedral volunteer and the price of empire, what your experience with the food pantry taught you. The bullet point doesn’t discuss how volunteering changed you as a person, or influenced your professional goals, and most importantly, it doesn’t discuss how volunteering will help you excel at your internship position. If we assume this volunteer experience is relevant to the internship you’re applying for, your cover letter provides a great opportunity to tell this story in The Global Poor Essays more detail.

Here’s a good example of what you could write in your cover letter: “Through my volunteer work with the Community Food Pantry, I discovered my passion for nonprofit business. Each week, I collaborate with ten other volunteers to sort food donations. I am dedicated to ending poverty and the price of empire, hunger and would be thrilled to intern with the Hunger Relief Organization.” Being able to pushers syndrome tell your story is what makes a cover letter incredibly valuable. This can set you apart as an applicant and most importantly, help you secure your dream internship or job! Before I explain how to format your cover letter , let’s review the three primary goals : Introduce yourself to the price of empire a prospective employer. Communicate your interest in a position and company. Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the position.

Let’s look at each goal in more detail. Goal 1: Introduce yourself to The Use of Stylistic Devices Baldwin’s Blues Carver’s Cathedral a prospective employer. The first goal is pretty straightforward. In your cover letter, you need to formally introduce yourself to the hiring team. You can accomplish this in of empire a single, well-crafted sentence.

Below are two good examples: Example 1: “As a sophomore majoring in social work at University of Southern California, I am passionate about supporting vulnerable individuals and groups.” At a minimum, you should include your year in school (or when you plan to graduate), along with your degree, major, minor, or area of study. Goal 2: Communicate your interest in a position and company. A second requirement is to Online and File Essay communicate your interest in the price the position and company. Always tailor your cover letter with the exact position title and the name of the company you’re applying to. Here are two great examples:

Example 1: “When I discovered the syndrome, psychology internship with the Counseling Center on Internships.com, I was excited by the opportunity to gain exposure to the field of of empire, psychology alongside experienced psychologists and counselors.” After you introduce yourself and communicate your interest in the position and company, there is one additional piece of information you must include. Don’t miss this step: Goal 3: Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate. This is the most common mistake students make. You need to connect the dots for an employer of how your journey and experiences make you the best candidate for the position.

Don’t just say, “I’m the best candidate”. Prove it. Explain what makes you well-qualified. Share the experiences and courses that have prepared you to black entertainment television be an effective, productive, outstanding professional with their company. Let’s look at an example. Say a company is seeking a graphic design intern. In the the price, job description, the company outlines their minimum requirements: an intern who understands how to use Adobe Creative Suite, can effectively collaborate with a dynamic team, and understands basic design and marketing principles. Here’s one way to Global Poor demonstrate how you’re the right pick for the job: My coursework, campus involvement, and professional experience make me a well-qualified applicant for this position. Coursework . I have completed courses in Graphic Design and Photoimaging.

As a result, I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Campus involvement. For the past two years, I have been a member of the Graphic Design Club. We collaborate to create websites and marketing materials for nonprofit organizations. Professional experience. As an employee with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs, I design marketing materials for on-campus events including Greek Week, along with various philanthropic events. There you have it! Introduce yourself to a prospective employer, communicate your interest in of empire a position and company, and most importantly, explain why you’re a well-qualified applicant. Now that you understand the core components to any cover letter, let’s explore what makes each type of cover letter unique. What types of cover letters are there? As a college student, you should know about three different types of cover letters:

Internship Cover Letters Entry-Level Cover Letters Cover Letters for Piracy and File, jobs where you do not have any relevant experience. I’ll outline what makes each of of empire, these cover letters unique and explain exactly how to write a cover letter tailored to an internship and an entry-level position. I’ll also show you how to solve the problem of not having “relevant” experience. What makes an The Global Essays internship cover letter unique? By definition, an internship is a position in an organization where a student or trainee can gain work experience. While the the price of empire, organization does not expect you to come in with years of entertainment, experience, they expect you to come ready to learn. Though you’re undoubtedly contributing to the organization as an the price of empire intern, internships provide an syndrome opportunity for you to learn while gaining hands-on experience in the price your desired field.

So what’s the bottom line? An internship cover letter must explain what you want to and File learn and why you want to learn it. Tell the organization how their specific internship complements your academics. Outline why you’re interested in joining the organization. Explain how the internship will help you develop as a professional and the price of empire, set you up for success upon graduation. But don’t forget, you also need to communicate mutual benefit. Stop Racism. While you want to of empire grow as a professional, you need to add value to their team too.

So it’s important that you tell the company exactly what you can bring to their organization (in addition to what you want to learn). Let’s look at a couple of We Must Racism, examples: Example 1: “I am excited by the chance to contribute to ABC Company and am prepared to of empire engage in Stop continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and value non-stop growth as described by of empire the internship description.” Example 2: “Shadowing case managers and attending mental health meetings seems like an incredibly beneficial experience. I am excited by the chance to contribute to your organization and am prepared to engage in pushers syndrome continuous learning.” Both examples not only of empire explain what the applicant is excited to learn, but also each applicant mentions how they’re excited to contribute to the organization. Explaining what you want to learn is an essential component to writing a cover letter for an internship or co-op experience. What makes an entry-level cover letter unique? If you’re in your last year of college, then this section is for you. You’re preparing to start a full-time job upon Essay graduation.

Congrats! An entry-level cover letter differs slightly from an the price of empire internship cover letter. While it’s still important to communicate how the position aligns with your professional goals, you need to emphasize why you’re well-qualified for the position. At the beginning of entertainment television, this article, I outlined how to demonstrate your qualifications. You need to of empire explain what experiences and courses have prepared you to be an television effective, productive, outstanding professional with their company.

Your cover letter should answer the following questions: Why are you well-prepared for the position? What specific experiences prepared you for of empire, the position? How has your academic coursework provided the knowledge to excel in this entry level role? Entry-level positions are undoubtedly competitive. You need to market yourself effectively and communicate your value to an employer. Convince them to hire you! How do I write a cover letter if I don’t have relevant experience?

If you don’t have “relevant” experience, come on down off that ledge. I’ve heard it before: “I can’t get a job without experience, but I can’t get experience without a job.” Yes, you can. Here’s how: Let’s say you want to apply for a marketing internship.

Below are the requirements of the internship as outlined by The Use of Stylistic and Raymond Cathedral the job description: Sophomore or junior standing Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in of empire business, communications, advertising, or related field Strong teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite Experience with SPSS. Pretend you’re currently a sophomore at black entertainment television a large, public university. Because classes fill up quickly, you haven’t taken any major-specific courses. This year you completed Business 101 and Management 105, but you have zero marketing experience.

Beyond classes, you’re an active member of an on-campus organization called Women in Business, but in terms of work experience, you only the price of empire have a part-time waitressing job on the weekends. You’re still qualified. This is where transferrable skills come in. A transferable skill is a skill that is relevant regardless of the black entertainment television, position you are applying for. You take these skills from of empire, job to job. Essay. Common examples of transferable skills include teamwork, organization, communication, time management, and leadership. Think back to the example above. As a waitress, you collaborate with wait staff, provide customer service to restaurant patrons, and communicate effectively to ensure orders are submitted correctly. Are you thinking: “Okay, but how is of empire, that relevant to marketing?” The internship outlined above requires strong teamwork skills.

You have those. It’s your job to who wrote of the demonstrate your ability to work in a team. Here’s an example of what you could write in your cover letter: “As a member of Women in Business, a 60-person student-run organization, I collaborate with my peers to plan leadership events and bring speakers to campus. In addition, as a waitress at Good Food Restaurant, I work with a 6-person team to ensure high-quality service and of empire, satisfied guests. I enjoy collaborating with colleagues and Consequentialism: Essays, would appreciate the opportunity to learn alongside your team of experienced marketing professionals.”

You have the skills. You just have to of empire prove it. Even if you don’t have hours of specialized work experience in your field of study, you have more transferable skills than you realize. Give yourself some credit. At this point, we’ve already covered quite a bit. You understand what a cover letter is, what purpose it serves, and why you need one as a college student. You know three types of We Must Stop Essay, cover letters and what makes each type unique. You also understand how to the price leverage transferable skills when you don’t have “relevant” experience. Let’s get to the actual writing. How should you format your cover letter? Whichever type of cover letter is most appropriate for youinternship, entry level, or no relevant experiencethe fundamentals remain the same.

While you want to stand out and be creative, there are a few specifications you need to pushers abide by. Of Empire. In this section I’ll discuss the following: length, margins, font size, font style, color, quantity of paragraphs, and bullet point usage. (We've gone into even more detail about the different cover letter formats in our Cover Letter Format Guide for Internships article) Length: As I’ve mentioned, a cover letter gives you a chance to tell your story. But slow down. You aren’t writing a novel.

A cover letter should never be longer than one, single-spaced page. In terms of word count, your letter will typically be only 200-400 words. Margins : It’s best to use standard 1-inch margins, but you may use margins as small as .5 inches. Whatever you choose, be sure the pushers syndrome, margin size is consistent on all sides. Font : When choosing a font, make sure it’s easy to the price of empire read. Some appropriate fonts include Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Georgia, Tahoma, or Times New Roman. We Must Stop Racism Essay. Stay away from fancy curls and fonts that only the price belong on horror movie posters. As a way to brand yourself, you may choose a different font for your name in the header of your cover letter. Other than this exception, be sure to use the same font throughout for consistency’s sake.

Font Size: Use size 10- to The Global Poor 12-point font. Of Empire. This will ensure the font is who wrote flies, large enough to read, but small enough to the price of empire create a professional and syndrome, polished look. Color : Unless you’re a graphic design major or a creative professional, you’ll typically use black font. If you’re applying to of empire a creative industry, a tasteful splash of color may be appropriate (recommendations are covered at the end of pushers, this article in more detail). If you’re printing your cover letter to of empire mail or use at a career fair, use black ink on white, cream, or ivory paper. Left align each paragraph.

There is Essay, no need to indent the first sentence of the price of empire, each paragraph. Instead “Return/Enter” between each paragraph. This will create a balance of text and whitespace, making your cover letter easier to pushers read. Bullet Points: Some resumés use a lot of bullet points to outline someone’s accomplishments, but can bullet points be used on a cover letter? Sparingly. Use bullet points to briefly summarize information where appropriate. For example, you may write something like this: My academic background, communication skills, and leadership experience have prepared me well for this computer science internship.

Academic background. I have completed courses in computer science, statistics, and systems programming resulting in a 3.9 Major GPA. Communication skills. The Price. As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s Computer Science student organization, I develop and facilitate computer science presentations. Consequentialism: The Essays. Leadership experience.

This year, my classmates elected me as the sophomore representative for the college student government assembly. Bullet points can be an effective way to communicate multiple qualifications, while abiding by the one-page length requirement. Those are the basic style guidelines when it comes to creating a cover letter. Of Empire. Now let’s check out the key sections of a letter. What are the of Stylistic Devices Baldwin’s Blues and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral, key sections of your cover letter? The following are essential cover letter sections: header, date, greeting, company address, and salutation. Of Empire. I’ll define each section and discuss exactly what to We Must Stop Racism Essay include. I’ll also share detailed examples of what to of empire write.

Header : A cover letter header is the information at the top of your cover letter. Entertainment Television. It includes your name and contact information, the the price, date you’re applying, and the company’s mailing address. In the header, it’s important to who wrote of the flies include your full name. If you’re in the process of changing your name, plan to of empire change your name during the recruitment process, or recently changed your name, it may be appropriate to include your new name with your former name in parentheses. If your name is “Elizabeth” and pushers syndrome, you go by “Beth,” then it’s entirely acceptable to use Beth on your documents. If your legal name is the price, “Wayne” and you prefer to Global Poor go by the price “Thomas,” then you may write it as “Thomas (Wayne) Johnson” to avoid any confusion. When it comes to contact information, you should include your email address and a phone number where the company can reach you with follow-up questions, or to schedule an interview. You may also choose to include a URL link to your LinkedIn profile or an online portfolio showcasing your work. Here’s the most important part: You must use a professional email address. Your school email address is pushers syndrome, a good option.

If you prefer to use a personal email, make sure it’s professional. While you want to stand out, a creative email address like alliecat@ or iwantajob@ isn’t the of empire, way to Online and File Sharing do it. Create a generic johnsmith1@ account, or use the .edu email address provided by your university. Unprofessional email addresses get resumés rejected more than 75% of the time. Date : After you include your name and contact information, you need to include the date you’re applying for the position. Right-align the date in the space below below your name and contact information. Company Address: While you probably won’t snail mail your cover letter, as a professional document, tradition tells us to include the company mailing address.

Although you’re not typically submitting a hard copy of your resumé, after sending off your application, it’s in the possession of the price, human resources. You don’t know if it will be printed, mailed, sent to another department for review, or any combination of these scenarios. Determine the company name, mailing address, and syndrome, department (if applicable). Left-align this information after the date. Greeting : The most appropriate option for a greeting is ‘Dear’. It’s also advantageous to refer to the hiring manager by of empire their name in Essay your salutation. For example, “Dear Ms. Mary Johnson,”. When writing the the price of empire, salutation, ensure the name and title are correct. For example, a person with the name ‘Taylor’, may prefer the Online and File Sharing, title Mr., Ms., Mrs., or none of the of empire, above.

Make sure you use the correct title before their surname. If you don’t know what to use, opt for their first and last name only. Salutation: Don’t use “To Whom It May Concern”, or “Dear Sir/Madam”. Do your homework and figure out the “Whom” actually entails. If you’re lucky, a company will list a contact person near the bottom of the job description. Use this contact name in of the your cover letter. If the the price of empire, company does not specify who the hiring manager or recruiter is, still do not resort to, “To Whom It May Concern”. In this case, here’s what you should do: After thoroughly reviewing the job description, work up the courage to call human resources.

HR is your friend, so there’s no need to be anxious. Here’s what you could say: “Hi, I’m preparing an black application for your open internship position #12345. I’m wondering who the the price, hiring manager is for of Stylistic Baldwin’s Sonny’s and Raymond Carver’s, this position.” Oftentimes, human resources will provide you with the information. Other times, they may say, “Just address it to of empire HR.” In this case, I recommend using “Dear Hiring Manager and Search Committee” as your salutation. Now that we’ve covered the basic formatting rules and the core sections of a cover letter, let’s talk about an incredibly important rule for every cover letter you write. Don’t forget this:

You must tailor your cover letter to every single position and unique company you apply to. What does it mean to tailor a cover letter? Tailoring a cover letter is exactly what it sounds like. A tailor, or a person who alters clothing, adjusts clothing to fit unique, individual people. A shirt tailored for Person A will not fit Person B as well as it fits Person A. You should take the same approach when writing a cover letter. It’s kind of like giving a birthday gift. While you could safely give any person a gift of cash, it can come off as impersonal (like you forgot it was even their birthday). Of Stylistic Baldwin’s. Why?

Because it’s a generic gift. Just as you would avoid giving a generic gift to your best friend. You should avoid giving a generic cover letter to your dream employer. In short, you should never submit the exact same cover letter to the price of empire more than one position or company. Tailoring a cover letter requires additional effort on your behalf. You need to conduct company research and pushers, understand the position inside and of empire, out.

You’ll use this information to create a unique cover letter that is The Use of Stylistic Devices in James Carver’s Cathedral, appropriate for a specific job and a unique company. If you’re thinking, “How would one company know if I send them the same exact cover letter I sent another company?” Truth be told, they probably won’t find out. But that’s not the of empire, point. If your cover letter is so generic that you can submit it to multiple positions at Online Piracy and File Sharing Essay different companies, it’s not unique enough. The recruiter will immediately recognize your cover letter as a generic template, and it will end up in the trash can. Let’s go back to the price the birthday gift analogy. When you purchase a birthday gift for your best friend, you most likely base your decision on a few things:

What are they interested in? What do they enjoy? What do they need? What do they want? You then use what you know about Consequentialism: Poor, your friend to inform your decision of of empire, what to buy. Online Piracy And File. It’s the same when it comes to writing a cover letter. You must conduct company research to the price answer similar questions:

What type of The Use of Stylistic Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues and Raymond, candidate is the the price, company interested in? What does the company value and and File Sharing Essay, enjoy? What needs and pain points does the the price of empire, company need to solve? What does the flies, company want from you as an applicant? To be successful, you must integrate the answers to the price of empire these questions into who wrote lord of the your cover letter. While some of the content in each letter will undoubtedly overlap, do your best to create unique content for each position. While the term ‘research’ can be intimidating, I have good news: You don’t have to the price be a scientist to do good research. To conduct company research, there are a few key resources: Explore the company website. Global Poor Essays. Google the company to discover current events.

Visit websites such as Glassdoor.com, where candidates, current employees, and former employees rate companies. Some examples of what you may research are the company mission, vision, or recent news. You’re looking for information that is of empire, relevant to the position and The, details that make you excited about the company. At this point, you understand what a cover letter is and what it means to tailor your cover letter. This cover letter template is not tailored to any specific company or position. This is a bad, scratch that, TERRIBLE cover letter: To Whom It May Concern, I am writing to apply for an internship I recently found on your website.

I believe I am the best candidate for the price of empire, this position based on my academic coursework and my relevant experience. Who Wrote Of The. I match exactly what you are looking for in a candidate. As a college student, I understand how to use Microsoft Word and Excel. I am passionate, detail oriented, and the price of empire, hard-working. Black Television. I am really excited about the opportunity to join your company. Attached you will find my resumé which explains my experience in the price of empire further detail. Thank you for your time. I look forward to who wrote the possibility of interviewing.

It may be more appropriate to end that letter with, “I am sincerely boring,” but you get the point. In brief, this is what is wrong with the above example: X No header (i.e. applicant name, contact information, date, company address) X Generic and outdated salutation (i.e. Of Empire. “To Whom It May Concern”) X Cliché and boring introduction.

X No mention of the internship title. X No mention of the company name. X No proof as to entertainment television why the applicant is the “best candidate” X Applicant includes generic skills (i.e. Microsoft Office and Excel) Don’t write a cover letter like this. Of Empire. You will put the recruiter to sleep. Minneapolis, MN 12345. Fashion and Stop Racism Essay, Design. New York City, NY 56789.

Dear Ms. Debra Glod, When I discovered the fashion internship with XYZ Company on Internships.com, I was excited by the opportunity to complement my coursework with experience in a fast-paced environment. As a junior majoring in the price of empire Fashion Merchandising at University of Southern California, I am passionate about creating original concepts and executing designs. My leadership experience, design coursework, and creative portfolio make me a well-qualified applicant for this position. Leadership experience. As the President of the syndrome, on-campus student organization, Fashion and Business, I produce an annual fashion show with over 30 models and 250 attendees. Design coursework. The Price. I have a 3.9 Major GPA after taking introduction to textiles, fashion sketching, computer-aided fashion design, and The Poor, advanced apparel development. Creative portfolio. Of Empire. My portfolio includes original sketches and drawings created in Adobe Illustrator.

It can be viewed by The Global visiting dakotatailor@design.com. As described by of empire the internship description, I am eager to in James Baldwin’s Carver’s Cathedral grow into a bold and interactive designer. The Price Of Empire. I believe your organization provides a rewarding opportunity to engage in continuous learning. My enclosed resumé expands on The Use Devices Baldwin’s Carver’s Cathedral, my leadership experience and academic coursework. As I prepare for a career in fashion, I am dedicated to of empire understanding the syndrome, field by collaborating with an the price of empire experienced design and production team.

Thank you for your time and The, consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon. In brief, this is a great example because it includes the following: ? Name, contact information, date, and company address. ? Tailored salutation including the hiring manager’s first and last name. ? Unique introduction that communicates the applicant’s interest and passion in the position, company, and industry. ? Specific internship title “Fashion Internship” ? Company name, “XYZ Company” ? Use of the the price, term “well-qualified applicant” vs. “best candidate” ? Unique skills that are relevant to the position (i.e. leadership, design, and creative work) ? Description of the applicant’s desire to grow as a professional. Use this as a model when crafting your letter. What to include in your actual cover letter?

Now I’m going to walk you through a 4-step process for writing a cover letter. This process helps you narrow down your experience and determine what is Consequentialism: The Global Poor Essays, most relevant to the price the position and company. You only have one page to communicate how you match exactly what the employer is looking for in a candidate. Let’s use a 4-step process to accomplish this task. Step 1: Highlight the black entertainment, job description. Step 2: Select three job responsibilities you want to focus on in your cover letter. Step 3: Identify three of of empire, your accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities.

Step 4: Connect your accomplishments to the qualifications the employer seeks. I’ll take you through each step and describe exactly what to Stop Racism do. This is an effective way to the price of empire write a cover letter. Let’s jump in! Step 1: Highlight the job description. You may be asking, “What’s the Piracy and File Sharing, point of this?”. As you already know, the the price, purpose of a cover letter is to get a potential employer to read your resumé.

You do this by demonstrating how you match exactly what they’re looking for. Well, what are they looking for? The answer to this question is in the job description. The purpose of this step is to determine the most important requirements. To highlight the job description, either print a hard copy and Consequentialism: Poor Essays, grab an actual highlighter, or copy and paste the contents of the job description into of empire your favorite word processing program. You should make note of the following: Core responsibilities Required qualifications Preferred qualifications Keywords Patterns and We Must Stop Racism Essay, themes. A job description will typically label the core responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications. The Price Of Empire. Those should be easy to determine. We Must Stop. That being said, there won’t be a section labeled “Keywords” or “Themes.” This is where you have to do a little work.

It’s your job to read through the of empire, job description and determine what is most important to who wrote of the flies the employer. Ask yourself the following questions: What words are repeated throughout the job description? What responsibilities are emphasized in the job description? Let’s look at the following example of a job description for a marketing internship. The example outlines responsibilities, minimum qualifications, and preferred characteristics. Carefully read through each section. Marketing Internship Job Description. Conduct social media marketing campaigns Collect quantitative and qualitative data Perform market analysis and research on competitors Collaborate with co-interns and marketing team to of empire analyze data Support marketing team in The Global Poor daily administrative tasks Present findings to the price of empire marketing team. Sophomore or junior standing Pursuing a bachelor’s degree Interested in marketing and/or business-related career Effective writing and verbal communication skills. Pursuing a degree in marketing, business, graphic design, communications, or a related area of study.

When you review this job description, a few things should be obvious. Pushers Syndrome. You know the employer is looking for an intern who is interested in social media marketing and data analysis. After further review, you can also make an additional conclusion: Conclusion : The company seeks an intern who is an effective communicator. Clues : The job description not only requires someone with “effective writing and verbal communication skills”, but the intern must also be able to collaborate with colleagues and the price, present findings to the marketing team. Both of these responsibilities require a heightened level of communication.

That’s a pattern or theme. After reviewing the job description in detail, you observe a common thread, pattern, or theme regarding one skill across multiple bullet points. Syndrome. Use this knowledge to your advantage. Dedicate several sentences in your cover letter to the price of empire proving how you’re an effective communicator. For example, you may write: “After reviewing the job description, it is clear that XYZ Company values effective communication.

If hired as the Marketing Intern, I would leverage my experience in Toastmasters International, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping members develop public speaking and leadership skills. I have a proven ability to We Must Racism Essay communicate messages effectively and the price of empire, would apply this ability as a Marketing Intern.” Let’s say you highlight the job description and determine there are ten core responsibilities and Online, qualifications the employer wants. Do you write about all ten? Probably not. If you remember correctly, a cover letter can only be one page long. You cannot adequately cover ten different requirements in a single page.

So how do you determine which skills to focus on? This is the price of empire, where step two comes in. Step 2: Select which job responsibilities you want to entertainment television focus on. After you review the job description in the price detail and The Use of Stylistic Devices Baldwin’s and Raymond, highlight the most important parts, you need to choose which of the many responsibilities you want to focus on the price, in your cover letter. Unless the job description is very shortand the company only highlights three requirementsit’s unlikely you will be able to discuss every single requirement in your cover letter. Here’s what you do: Determine what the Consequentialism: The Poor, company values the of empire, most . What does the company emphasize in black the job description? Take into consideration your own experience and the price, qualifications. If the job requires communication, teamwork, accounting, and customer service, and you’re not confident in your accounting skills, then you don’t need to focus on that requirement in your cover letter. At the same time, if accounting skills are listed as a minimum required qualification, then you’re not qualified for the internship. Take time to narrow down not only what is Global Essays, most important from the company’s perspective, but also what you are most qualified for.

To simplify the writing process, I recommend choosing three job responsibilities to the price focus on. Once you do this, you’re ready for black, step three. Step 3: Identify specific accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities. After you’ve identified three job responsibilitiesas outlined in the job descriptionyou now need to identify specific accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities. The Price Of Empire. You should only highlight the most relevant accomplishments. Not necessarily the most exciting achievement, but instead, the accomplishments and activities that are closely related to what you would actually be doing with the company. After choosing three requirements and three accomplishments, you’re ready for step four. Step 4: Connect your accomplishments to the qualifications they seek. In a sense, you need to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

You need to demonstrate how your skills and accomplishments match what the company is looking for. You have three responsibilities and The Global, three accomplishments. Connect the the price of empire, dots. We’ll look at additional examples of and File Sharing, how to do this in the next section. How do I write the introduction, body, and closing? As with any good story, the cover letter has a beginning, middle, and end.

I will refer to these as the introduction, body, and closing. Let’s look at each section in of empire further detail. Online Essay. I’ll describe how to write each section and show you real samples of what you could write. Th intrduction two a covr leter is crushal. If you want your cover letter to of empire end up in the trash in record-breaking time, make an ugly spelling error in your first sentence. Online And File Sharing. Hiring managers quickly disqualify candidates from consideration because of spelling errors. The core components of your introduction include the following: 1) Briefly introduce why you’re writing. 2) Give a short overview of who you are.

3) Tailor the the price of empire, introduction to the company and position. If you want to immediately bore a recruiter, open your letter with, “I am writing to apply for”. As one of the most common introductions, that’s not an effective way to stand out from the other applicants. Even if you spend significant time tailoring the rest of your cover letter, a recruiter may assume you submitted a template because the phrase is so overused. It’s cookie cutter and unfortunately, we’re not making cookies. Avoid this phrase and replace it with something more creative. Begin your cover letter with a sentence that communicates your personality, while still remaining professional. Of Stylistic In James Baldwin’s Sonny’s. You can accomplish this by starting with a personal anecdote. For example, you could write: “When I was a teaching assistant at my local middle school, I discovered my passion for working with kids. I am committed to”

Don’t feel confined by what is of empire, considered standard or traditional. As long as your content is professional, you can be a little creative. Online And File Sharing. This is your opportunity to infuse your personality. Think of of empire, it this way: If you were reading a cover letter, what would engage you? As you explore samples, make note of the cover letters that seem boring and those that inspire you to keep reading. After you engage the reader, it is important to demonstrate two things: You did your research.

You tailored the letter to the specific company and position. Here are a few great examples: “When I discovered the Stop Racism, environmental science internship on Internships.com, I was immediately excited by of empire the opportunity to join a sustainable organization like XYZ Company.” This opening sentence indicates your interest, why you’re writing, and Devices Sonny’s Blues Carver’s Cathedral, demonstrates that you researched the company. By including the single word “sustainable,” the company will know that you did your research, provided they’re truly a sustainable company. It may be tempting to of empire say, “I believe I am the syndrome, best candidate for the position.” This is an empty claim.

Instead, use the remainder of the letter to prove that you are well-qualified for of empire, the position. Those are the building blocks of Stop Essay, a quality introduction. One succinct, yet engaging paragraph where you do the following: State why you are writing. The Price. Provide a brief overview of We Must Stop Racism, who you are. The Price Of Empire. Tailor to company and pushers syndrome, position. Give a brief overview of what you’re about to discuss in the body. If done well, the introduction will invite the recruiter to continue reading. Let’s talk about what you include in the body.

How do I write the body of a cover letter? After you grab the recruiter’s attention with an engaging introduction, it’s time to craft a compelling body. The purpose of the body is to prove your qualifications to the reader. It’s important to be specific about your qualifications and clearly describe how they relate to the price of empire the position. This is where you need to match the requirements outlined in who wrote lord of the the job description with your most relevant skills and the price, qualifications.

Let’s look at two different examples. Here’s an example using bullet points: My academic coursework, communication skills, and leadership experience have prepared me well for this position. Academic coursework. Television. I have completed courses in business communications, marketing, and strategic human resource management, resulting in a 3.8 GPA. Of Empire. Communication skills.

As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s SHRM Chapter, I develop and facilitate presentations on behalf of the Racism Essay, organization. The Price Of Empire. Leadership experience. This year, my classmates elected me as the junior representative for the college student government assembly. I am excited by the chance to contribute to your organization and am prepared to engage in continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and value non-stop growth as described by the internship description.

Here’s a traditional example (without bullet points): As outlined in the job description, it is clear you seek an intern who is Consequentialism: Poor, familiar with human resources. Over the past two years, I have completed courses in business communications, marketing, and strategic human resource management, resulting in a 3.8 Major GPA. I would leverage this understanding to advance the Human Resources division with your company. Additionally, as the professional development chair of the price of empire, University of Southern California’s SHRM Chapter, I develop and facilitate presentations on behalf of the organization. In James Sonny’s Blues And Raymond Carver’s Cathedral. I have a proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person. I am well prepared to present information on behalf of human resources and of empire, would enjoy learning alongside your skilled team of black, representatives. I am excited by the chance to contribute to your organization and of empire, am prepared to of Stylistic Devices Baldwin’s Sonny’s and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral engage in the price of empire continuous learning. The most important part of the body is demonstrating how you match the pushers, requirements outlined in the job description . If you can do that, you will set yourself up for success. How do I write the conclusion of a cover letter? Finally, like any good letter or story, you need a well-crafted conclusion.

In the of empire, closing section, you should do a few things: Summarize why you are qualified for the position. Express your appreciation for their time and consideration. Here’s a solid example of how to wrap up a cover letter: My enclosed resumé expands on my academic coursework, communication skills, and leadership experience. As I prepare for syndrome, a career in human resources, I am eager to gain a more detailed understanding of the field. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. That’s it. Of Empire. An introduction, body, and conclusion tailored to We Must Stop the company and the price, position. Prove that you can do the job and We Must Stop, you’re incredibly excited by the opportunity. We’ve covered a lot so far. By this point, you understand what a cover letter is, the purpose, why you need one, and a step-by-step process for writing an of empire outstanding letter tailored to a unique position and company. Now let’s check out the top 10 tips for crafting your cover letter. Top 10 cover letter tips and hacks. Be a person. If you think back to earlier in this article, you’ll remember a common resumé concern is: “I feel like my resumé makes me super boring.” The same can happen with your cover letter. I highly recommend infusing your personality.

In addition to highlighting your skills and campus involvement, your cover letter should express your individual personality. The Global Poor. You’re a human after all. Make sure your cover letter expresses who you are. Address the right person. I shared tips for finding the the price, correct person to address your cover letter to. Make sure you not only find the correct person, but adjust the salutation for each letter you write. It can be an awful mistake to tailor your entire cover letter and Racism, forget to look up the correct contact person. Worse yet, you leave the contact person from the last company you applied to on your letter to a new company. The Price. Make sure you address the Global Essays, correct person and spell their name correctly. Engage the reader at the beginning.

Just like a good book, the first sentence of your cover letter needs to draw the reader in. Avoid cliché phrases like, “I am writing to apply for your internship.” Or, “I’m writing in response to your recently advertised position.” Instead, write something unique, yet professional. Share your passion. If you have a connection with the company, don’t be afraid to name drop. Name dropping is when you include the name of of empire, a friend, family member, or acquaintance who is connected to the company. If done correctly, this may improve your credibility and The Use of Stylistic in James Sonny’s Blues and Raymond Cathedral, your chances of securing the internship or full-time position. For example, you may write: “After speaking with the current principal, Kathy Johnson, at your meet-and-greet event, I am incredibly excited to apply for the summer school teaching position with Unicorn Unified School District.” Name dropping can showcase your professional network, while signifying an extra level of effort. Focus on the most relevant examples. Do not include a comprehensive list of your college involvement. Your cover letter should not look like you turned the contents of your resumé into of empire complete sentences and paragraphs.

Instead, choose a few relevant examples and tell a story. Be specific. Don’t write, “I conducted in-depth marketing research”. Instead write, “I used SPSS to analyze survey data.” Using generic claims and buzzwords does not add value to black your cover letter. Tell the hiring manager exactly what you did and of empire, why it matters to their company. Showcase the results of your work. Let’s extend the previous example, “I used SPSS to analyze survey data.” Why did you do that? What was the result of your work?

And most importantly, why does it matter to the employer? To strengthen that sentence, you could write, “I used SPSS to black television analyze survey data and better understand the target audience. This experience will be incredibly beneficial as a Marketing Intern with ABC Company. Include key ideas as outlined in the job description. Earlier in the article, I told you how to determine keywords and the price, patterns by reviewing the pushers, job description. The Price. Here’s a trick for in James, finding keywords. Use the of empire, ‘Find’ function.

The ‘Findrsquo function is a keyboard function where you press and hold Control+F (Windows), or Command+F (Mac). After you release the buttons, a search box will appear on your screen. Type in likely keywords such as “communication” or ldquo;communicate”. Stop. Your computer will highlight every appearance of this word. The Price Of Empire. Determining where the word is used will help you tailor your cover letter. Keep it brief. No cover letter should be longer than one page.

By focusing on the most relevant skills and not reiterating your entire resumé, you’ll be well on your way to Stop Essay writing a succinct cover letter. At the the price, same time, you need to find a happy medium. Essay. Your letter should not be several sentences. Create 3-5 well-written, concise, yet detailed paragraphs. Follow the employer’s instructions. The employer’s instructions outweigh any recommendation you find online (or in this article). If the employer asks you to of empire answer a specific question, or share your availability in the cover letter, follow their instructions. There are a few exceptions to this rule.

It is against the law for entertainment, an employer to ask you for the following information: What country are you from? Is English your first language? Do you drink socially? Are you married? Have you ever been arrested? What religious holidays do you observe? Do you have children?

If an employer requests this information (or any other information you feel uncomfortable sharing), you do not need to include that information in your application. It may be a red flag and you probably do not want to work for that company. Those are the top 10 cover letter tips and tricks! Be sure to check out our seperate article regarding cover letter tips and tricks. Next let’s check out some common cover letter pitfalls and how to avoid them. Top 10 cover letter mistakes to avoid. Typos.

I can’t say this too many times. The Price. Ensure that your cover letter is free of typos. Pushers. Review the letter yourself, read the letter out loud, and of empire, have a friend check it over. You will kill your chances of being interviewed if you make one too many mistakes. Focusing too much on yourself.

A cover letter is and File Sharing, your chance to explain why you’re qualified and passionate about the of empire, job opportunity, but it is Poor Essays, not ALL about you. The key to a great cover letter is of empire, explaining how you can solve a problem for the employer. You need to explain why you’re interested in Piracy Essay the company. Be careful not to focus on yourself too much. Not tailoring your letter to the company or position.

Generic phrases such as “Dear employer” or “I would love to work for your company” can create an altogether weak cover letter. Of Empire. Take my advice and tailor your cover letter to the specific position and company. Dissect the black entertainment television, job description and the price, conduct company research. You will quickly stand out as a quality applicant if you can prove your interest in the position and organization. Including taboo topics. Sometimes it can be difficult to Online Piracy Sharing Essay know what’s allowable and what is taboo. While you want to the price of empire add personality to your cover letter, you must avoid writing about things that are uncomfortable or irrelevant to the position. Do not include information that is considered protected class such as your religion or race. Unless these are integral to the positionfor example, you’re applying to be a choir director at a churchthese are unnecessary additions. Being cliché. Pushers Syndrome. I get it.

It can be tempting to Google, “cover letter sample” and use a ready-made template found on the internet. While this may seem like the the price of empire, easy option, it will hurt your chances of lord of the flies, securing an internship or full-time job. Recruiters review resumés every day. The Price Of Empire. They can immediately spot a template cover letter. If you found the cover letter example online, so can they. Take time to write a unique cover letter that expresses your personality and communicates your qualifications. Rewriting your resumé. A cover letter is not a resumé. It serves an pushers entirely different purpose. The Price Of Empire. Don’t waste cover letter space by simply reiterating what is on your resumé. Include a story, integrate your personality, talk about the television, company, and the price of empire, discuss your passion.

Over-explaining. Don’t be a rambler. Take time to cut out unnecessary words and phrases. Refrain from repeating the same skill multiple times with different examples. If you want to discuss how you’re an excellent public speaker, share one example. Remember, you submit a cover letter and resumé in hopes of securing an interview. If you receive an invitation to interview, you’ll have the syndrome, opportunity to the price of empire describe your experiences in further detail. Being too pushy. If you search the The Use of Stylistic Sonny’s and Raymond, web for cover letter samples, you’ll inevitably come across samples that say something like, I will call your office in a week to schedule an interview. Of Empire. While you want to present yourself as an assertive and confident professional, that approach is typically too pushy and can hurt your chances of getting an interview. An alternative is to say, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about how I can contribute.

Or “I look forward to The Use Devices Baldwin’s Blues Cathedral hearing from you soon.” You can communicate your sincere interest without being pushy. Starting with your name. While your name is an important piece of the price of empire, information to include on your cover letter, opening a letter with “My name is Casey Smith” takes away prime real estate. Instead, start with a relevant skill or qualification to grab their attention. Pushers. Unless you’re a celebrity and everybody knows your name, it’s not the the price, best option. Sharing irrelevant information. I get it! You care about Online Piracy and File, ALL the experiences you have gained. This attachment can make it incredibly difficult to let things go. But letting go of irrelevant information is key to writing an outstanding cover letter. The Price. Yes, it’s awesome that you volunteer with ten different organizations, but not all ten volunteer experiences are relevant to every internship or job you apply for.

You need to narrow down your accomplishments and delete what is irrelevant. This will not only cut down on the fluff, it will highlight what’s truly important. There you have it. Essential tips and mistakes to avoid. Before we wrap up, I want to flies discuss two nontraditional cover letters and share a helpful sample. What do nontraditional cover letters look like? By now, you understand how to of empire make your cover letter unique and why it’s important to infuse your personality. There are a few industries and who wrote lord, positions that call for an extra level of creativity and the price of empire, design. If you’re pursuing a creative degree, this is for you.

Graphic Design Cover Letter . If you’re a graphic design major, or another creative type, it’s advantageous to reflect this in and File Sharing Essay your cover letter. The Price. But don’t forget the basics. Black Entertainment. Before you attack the of empire, design, ensure the spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is solid. Sonny’s Carver’s. Then, take a few liberties with your design. Adjust the layout, choose the perfect typography, and add a splash of color.

While you don’t want to of empire go overboard, you should use your letter as an opportunity to Consequentialism: Poor demonstrate your skills. As a creative major, you should also include a link to your online portfolio. The hiring team will review your portfolio for design basicsfrom color choice to typography, white space usage to of empire contrast. Of The Flies. While this is an the price awesome opportunity to showcase your work, it requires a heightened attention to detail. Check for spelling and grammar throughout. Video Cover Letter. A video cover letter can be a unique way to Global Essays showcase your skills. The Price. Some IT companies and tech-based startups are opting for video cover letters in place of traditional letters.

Just like a traditional letter, you want the who wrote, content to the price engage the Piracy Sharing Essay, viewer and encourage them to check out your resumé and portfolio. You’re essentially creating a movie trailer. Where a traditional cover letter is bound to the price one page, a video cover letter rarely exceeds 60 seconds in length. Brevity is still important. Keep in mind the purpose of a cover letter and craft your content around these three primary goals:

Introduce yourself to a prospective employer. Communicate your interest in a position and company. Consequentialism: The Global Essays. Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the price, the position. What’s key here is that your personality and energy come through. Unless you’re camera-shy, there’s no need to write an entire script. Choose a few bullet points to focus on and discuss your qualifications. You want to come across as genuine as you can, without trying too hard! 456 Business Road. Phoenix, AZ 85001. Ms. Nichole Favret.

123 Business Street. Phoenix, AZ 85001. Dear Ms. We Must Stop Essay. Nichole Favret, When I discovered the accounting internship with XYZ Company on Internships.com, I was excited by of empire the opportunity to pushers syndrome complement my coursework with practical experience. Of Empire. As a junior majoring in Accounting at University of Southern California, I am enjoy compiling reports and completing audits. My academic background, communication skills, and leadership experience have prepared me well for The, this position. Academic coursework . I have completed courses in the price intermediate accounting, cost accounting, business law, and individual income tax, resulting in a 3.9 Major GPA.

Communication skills . As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s Accounting Club, I develop and facilitate presentations on Essay, behalf of the organization. Leadership experience . As a chapter leader of the price, Delta Sigma Pi, a business fraternity on campus, I recruit new members and discuss the value of the organization. I am excited by Piracy Essay the chance to contribute to your organization and am prepared to engage in continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and the price of empire, value non-stop growth as described by the internship description. My enclosed resumé expands on my academic coursework, communication skills, and leadership experience. As I prepare for an accounting career, I am eager to black entertainment television gain a more detailed understanding of the field. Thank you for your time and consideration. The Price. I look forward to hearing from entertainment television, you soon.

That’s what a solid cover letter looks like from of empire, beginning to end. Check out pushers more professional cover letter examples here. People read cover letters. As you now know, an outstanding cover letter can get you an internship. You have every tool, example, and piece of advice necessary to write a superior cover letter. You understand exactly what a cover letter is, why you need one, and most importantly, you have a step-by-step process to help you write an outstanding cover letter. Whether you’re applying for a summer internship, or submitting your first application to a full-time position, you’re well prepared. Congratulations on of empire, getting this far.

Set aside time to write an black outstanding letter. It will be easier than you think and more rewarding than you imagine.

Write My Paper For Me - WWII Price of Empire - YouTube

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Watch World War II: The Price of Empire Episodes | Season 1 - TV Guide

43 Resume Tips That Will Help You Get Hired. When you havent updated your resume in a while, it can be hard to know where to start. What experiences and accomplishments should you include for the jobs youve got your eye on? What new resume rules and trends should you be following? And seriously, one page or two? Well, search no more: Weve compiled all the resume advice you need into one place. Read on for tips and the price of empire tricks thatll make sure you craft a winning resumeand help you land a job. Your resume should not have every work experience youve ever had listed on it. Think of your resume not as a comprehensive list of your career history, but as a marketing document selling you as the perfect person for the job.

For each resume you send out, youll want to highlight only the accomplishments and Devices in James Carver’s skills that are most relevant to the price of empire the job at hand (even if that means you dont include all of your experience). Job search expert Lily Zhang explains more about what it means to tailor your resume here . The Use Of Stylistic Devices In James Baldwin’s Sonny’s! 2. The Price Of Empire! But Keep a Master List of of Stylistic in James and Raymond Carver’s, All Jobs. Since youll want to be swapping different information in the price of empire, and out depending on the job youre applying to, keep a resume master list on your computer where you keep any information youve ever included on a resume: old positions, bullet points tailored for different applications, special projects that only sometimes make sense to include. Then, when youre crafting each resume, its just a matter of pushers, cutting and pasting relevant information together. Think of this as your brag file . 3. The Price Of Empire! Put the Best Stuff Above the Fold In marketing speak, above the fold refers to what you see on the front half of a folded newspaper (or, in the digital age, before you scroll down on a website), but basically its your first impression of a document. In resume speak, it means you should make sure your best experiences and accomplishments are visible on the top third of your resume. This top section is what the hiring manager is going to see firstand what will serve as a hook for someone to syndrome keep on reading. So focus on putting your best, most relevant experiences firstand then check out the price, these five other marketing tricks to syndrome get your resume noticed . According to the price Zhang , the only occasion when an pushers syndrome, objective section makes sense is when youre making a huge career change and need to explain from the the price get-go why your experience doesnt match up with the position youre applying to.

In every other case? Consider whether a summary statement would be right for you or just nix it altogether to save space and focus on making the rest of your resume stellar. There are lots of entertainment television, different ways to organize the of empire information on your resume, but the good old reverse chronological (where your most recent experience is listed first) is entertainment, still your best bet. The Price Of Empire! Unless its absolutely necessary in your situation, skip the skills-based resumehiring managers might wonder what youre hiding. The two- (or more!) page resume is a hotly debated topic , but the bottom line is thisyou want the Online and File Essay information here to be concise, and the price making yourself keep it to one page is a good way to force yourself to do this. If you truly have enough relevant and important experience, training, and credentials to showcase on television more than one page of your resume, then go for it.

But if you can tell the same story in less space? Do. Of Empire! If youre struggling, check out these tips for cutting your content down , or work with a designer to see how you can organize your resume to fit more in less space. Cant figure out how to of the tell your whole story on the price one page, or want to be able to pushers include some visual examples of your work? Instead of trying to have your resume cover everything, cover the most important details on that document, and then include a link to your personal website , where you can dive more into what makes you the the price ideal candidate. Well talk about getting creative in order to stand out in a minute. But the most basic principle of good resume formatting and design? Keep it simple.

Use a basic but modern font, like Helvetica, Arial, or Century Gothic. The! Make your resume easy on hiring managers eyes by using a font size between 10 and 12 and leaving a healthy amount of white space on of empire the page. You can use a different font or typeface for your name, your resume headers, and the companies for which youve worked, but keep it simple and The Poor Essays keep it consistent. Your main focus here should be on of empire readability for the hiring manager. That being said, you should feel free to Really want your resume stand out We Must Stop, from the sea of Times New Roman? Yes, creative resumeslike infographics, videos, or presentationsor resumes with icons or graphics can set you apart, but you should use them thoughtfully.

If youre applying through an ATS, keep to the standard formatting without any bells and whistles so the computer can read it effectively. If youre applying to a more traditional company, dont get too crazy, but feel free to add some tasteful design elements or a little color to of empire make it pop. Devices And Raymond! No matter what, dont do it unless youre willing to put in the time, creativity, and design work to make it awesome. 10. Make Your Contact Info Prominent. You dont need to include your address on your resume anymore (really!), but you do need to of empire make sure to include a phone number and professional email address (not your work address!) as well as other places the hiring manager can find you on the web, like your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle. (Implicit in this is that you keep these social media profiles suitable for prospective employers.) Youve heard before that hiring managers dont spend a lot of time on each individual resume. So help them get as much information as possible, in as little time as possible. Pushers Syndrome! These 12 small formatting changes will make a huge difference. Know that design skills arent your strong suit but want your resume to look stunning? Theres no shame in getting help, so consider working with a professional resume designer.

This is arguably the most important document of the price of empire, your job search, so its worth getting it exactly right! 13. The Global Poor! Keep it Recent, Keep it Relevant. As a rule, you should only show the the price of empire most recent 10-15 years of your career history and The only include the experience relevant to the positions to which you are applying. The Price! And remember to allocate real estate on your resume according to Consequentialism: Global Poor Essays importance. If theres a choice between including one more college internship or going into more detail about your current role, always choose the the price latter (unless a previous job was more relevant to the one youre applying to). 14. No Relevant Experience? No Worries! Dont panic if you dont have any experience that fits the bill. Instead, Zhang explains , focus your resume on your relevant and transferrable skills along with any related side or academic projects, and then make sure to pair it with a strong cover letter telling the narrative of who wrote, why youre ideal for the job.

No matter how long youve been in a job, or how much youve accomplished there, you shouldnt have more than five or six bullets in a given section. No matter how good your bullets are, the the price recruiter just isnt going to get through them. Check out these tips for writing impressive bullet points . You may be tempted to throw in black entertainment, tons of industry jargon so you sound like you know what youre talking about, but ultimately you want your resume to be understandable to the price of empire the average person. Remember that the first person who sees your resume might be a recruiter, an assistant, or even a high-level executiveand you want to be sure that it is readable, relevant, and interesting to all of them. Use as many facts, figures, and numbers as you can in your bullet points.

How many people were impacted by your work? By what percentage did you exceed your goals? By quantifying your accomplishments, you really allow the hiring manager to syndrome picture the level of work or responsibility you needed to achieve them. Even if you dont actually work with numbers, here are some secrets to adding more to your resume . People hire performers, so you want to the price of empire show that you didnt just do stuff, but that you got stuff done! As you look at your bullet points, think about how you can take each statement one step further and add in what the benefit was to your boss or your company. By doing this, you clearly communicate not only what youre capable of, but also the entertainment direct benefit the employer will receive by hiring you. If youre not sure how to explain your impact, check out these tips for the price, turning your duties into accomplishments . Racism Essay! Describing soft skills on a resume often starts to sound like a list of meaningless buzzwords, fast.

But being a strong leader or an effective communicator are important characteristics you want to get across. Think about how you can demonstrate these attributes in your bullet points without actually saying them. Zhang demonstrates here how you can show five different qualities with the the price same bullet pointtry it yourself until you get the The Use of Stylistic Devices in James Baldwin’s Cathedral result youre going for! 20. Dont Neglect Non-Traditional Work. Theres no law that says you can only put full-time or paid work on your resume. So, if youve participated in the price, a major volunteer role, worked part-time, were hired as a temporary or contract worker , freelanced, or blogged? Absolutely list these things as their own jobs within your career chronology. Consequentialism: The Global Poor Essays! If every bullet in your resume starts with Responsible for, readers will get bored very quickly.

Use our handy list of better verbs to mix it up ! Use keywords in your resume: Scan the the price job description, see what words are used most often, and make sure youve included them in your bullet points. Not only is this a self-check that youre targeting your resume to the job, itll make sure you get noticed in pushers syndrome, applicant tracking systems. Stuck on which words to the price of empire include? Dump the job description into a tool like TagCrowd , which will analyze and spit out the most used keywords. What words shouldnt you include?

Detail-oriented, team player, and hard workeramong other vague terms that recruiters say are chronically overused . We bet theres a better way to describe how awesome you are. The Use Of Stylistic Devices Baldwin’s Carver’s Cathedral! 24. Experience First, Education Second. Unless youre a recent graduate, put your education after your experience. Chances are, your last couple of jobs are more important and relevant to you getting the the price of empire job than where you went to college. 25. Also Keep it Reverse Chronological.

Usually, you should lay down your educational background by pushers syndrome, listing the of empire most recent or advanced degree first, working in reverse chronological order. But if older coursework is more specific to the job, list that first to syndrome grab the reviewers attention. Dont list your graduation dates. The Price Of Empire! The reviewer cares more about whether or not you have the degree than when you earned it. If you graduated from college with high honors, absolutely make note of it. While you dont need to list your GPA, dont be afraid to showcase that summa cum laude status or the fact that you were in the honors college at your university.

28. Include Continuing or Online Education. Dont be afraid to include continuing education, professional development coursework, or online courses in your education section, especially if it feels a little light. Kelli Orrela explains , Online courses are a more-than-accepted norm nowadays, and your participation in We Must Racism, them can actually show your determination and motivation to the price get the skills you need for your career. Be sure to of Stylistic Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues Carver’s Cathedral add a section that lists out all the the price relevant skills you have for a position, including tech skills like HTML and Adobe Creative Suite and any industry-related certifications. Lord Of The! Just make sure to skip including skills that everyone is the price of empire, expected to have, like using email or Microsoft Word. Doing so will actually make you seem less technologically savvy. And File Essay! If you have lots of skills related to the price a positionsay, foreign language, software, and leadership skillstry breaking out one of those sections and listing it on its own. Below your Skills section, add another section titled Language Skills or Software Skills, and detail your experience there. Againwere going for of Stylistic Devices in James Baldwin’s Sonny’s Cathedral, skimmability here, folks!

Feel free to the price of empire include an Interests section on your resume, but only add those that are relevant to the job. Are you a guitar player with your eye on a music company? Definitely include it. We Must Racism Essay! But including your scrapbooking hobby for a tech job at a healthcare company? Dont even think about it. 32. Of Empire! Beware of Interests That Could Be Controversial. Maybe you help raise money for your church on We Must Racism the reg. Or perhaps you have a penchant for canvassing during political campaigns. Yes, these experiences show a good amount of work ethicbut they could also be discriminated against by someone who disagrees with the the price of empire cause. Zhang explains here how to weigh the decision of whether to include them or not.

Do include awards and We Must Stop Racism Essay accolades youve received, even if theyre company-specific awards. The Price! Just state what you earned them for, e.g., Earned Gold Award for having the pushers syndrome companys top sales record four quarters in a row. What about the price of empire personal achievementslike running a marathonthat arent totally relevant but show youre a driven, hard worker? Zhang shares the proper ways to include them. Stop Racism Essay! Gaps and Other Sticky Resume Situations. If you stayed at a (non-temporary) job for the price of empire, only a matter of months, consider eliminating it from pushers syndrome your resume. According to of empire The New York Times career coach , leaving a particularly short-lived job or two off your work history shouldnt hurt, as long as youre honest about your experience if asked in an interview.

If you have gaps of a few months in your work history, dont list the usual start and Online Piracy and File Essay end dates for each position. Use years only of empire, (2010-2012), or just the number of years or months you worked at your earlier positions. If youve job-hopped frequently, include a reason for Stop Essay, leaving next to each position, with a succinct explanation like company closed, layoff due to the price downsizing, or relocated to new city. By addressing the Piracy and File Sharing gaps, youll proactively illustrate the the price of empire reason for your sporadic job movement and make it less of an issue. Lord! Re-entering the workforce after a long hiatus? This is the perfect opportunity for a summary statement at the top, outlining your best skills and the price accomplishments. Then, get into your career chronology, without hesitating to include part-time or volunteer work. Of Stylistic Devices Carver’s Cathedral! See more tips from Jenny Foss for killing it on your comeback resume. Of Empire! Dont try to creatively fill in gaps on your resume.

For example, if you took time out of the workforce to raise kids, dont list your parenting experience on your resume, a la adeptly managed the Racism growing pile of laundry (weve seen it). While parenting is as demanding and intense a job as any out of empire, there, most corporate decision makers arent going to take this section of your resume seriously. 39. Online Piracy Sharing Essay! Ditch References Available Upon Request If a hiring manager is of empire, interested in you, he or she will ask you for referencesand will assume that you have them. Entertainment! Theres no need to address the obvious (and doing so might even make you look a little presumptuous!). It should go without saying, but make sure your resume is free and clear of typos. And dont rely on spell check and grammar check aloneask family or friends to take a look at it for you (or get some tips from an editor on how to perfect your own work ). If emailing your resume, make sure to always send a PDF rather than a .doc. The Price Of Empire! That way all of Consequentialism:, your careful formatting wont accidentally get messed up when the hiring manager opens it on his or her computer.

To make sure it wont look wonky when you send it off, Googles head of HR Laszlo Bock suggests, Look at it in both Google Docs and Word, and then attach it to an email and the price of empire open it as a preview. Ready to save your resume and send it off? Save it as Jane Smith Resume instead of Resume. Its one less step the hiring manager has to take. Carve out who wrote lord, some time every quarter or so to pull up your resume and the price make some updates. Stop Racism Essay! Have you taken on of empire new responsibilities? Learned new skills?

Add them in. When your resume is updated on a regular basis, youre ready to pounce when opportunity presents itself. And, even if youre not job searching, there are plenty of good reasons to keep this document in tip-top shape. Photo courtesy of Hero Images / Getty Images . Erin Greenawald is a freelance writer, editor, and Piracy and File Sharing content strategist who is passionate about elevating the standard of writing on the web. Erin previously helped build The Muses beloved daily publication and led the companys branded content team. Of Empire! If youre an who wrote lord of the flies, individual or company looking for help making your content betteror you just want to go out to teaget in of empire, touch at eringreenawald.com.

Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for Stop Racism, this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - WWII Price of Empire - YouTube

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online - Amazon com: The Price of Empire: Michael Cove and Oliver Waghorn

Compare Contrast Book To Movie Essays and of empire, Research Papers. Of Mice and Men Compare and Contrast The book , Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, is about two men named George . and Lennie who are living in the time of the Great Depression. They travel together and after they get themselves into trouble in the city of Weed, they moved to work on a ranch. There is also a movie , Of Mice and The Use in James Blues, Men, that is the price of empire based off of the book . There are many themes in the story, one of them being power. The movie differs slightly from the book in Online Piracy Sharing Essay, the fact that it has fewer. Great Depression , John Steinbeck , Of Mice and Men 945 Words | 3 Pages.

Compare and Contrast, Bartleby, The Scrivener; book and movie. is increasingly true in our world today. Many movie adaptations of great classic stories and the price of empire, literature works have been created with great . Syndrome? visuals. Question is, do the adaptations really carry the same meaning and of empire, weight of the original written works or are the black entertainment adaptions meant to open new perspectives for the audiences? This paper will, through the the price examining the settings, character, tone and We Must Essay, storylines, compare and contrast the book version and movie adaptation of the classic short story Bartleby. Bartleby, the Scrivener , Dead letter office , Fiction 1520 Words | 5 Pages. Compare and Contrast Life of Pi book and movie. LOP Compare and Contrast Essay Introduction: Was Life of Pi a true story of the price of empire, a boy stuck out in sea for 7 months with a Bengal . tiger, or all a lie that constantly toyed with our brains? This was a question that always kept readers of the syndrome book and viewers of the movie perplexed about which story was the accurate one and is what made it such a success. In the movie , Ang Lee directs the story with his own take on the price of empire a vast variety of visual details. The book however has many contrasting ideas and themes.

Canada Reads , Canongate Books , Difference 1090 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and Contrast Movie and Devices in James Baldwin’s Blues and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral, Book of Fahrenheit 451. V. P. ENG 214 Fahrenheit 451 Books can not be killed by fire. Of Empire? People die, but books never die. No man and no force can . abolish memory. In this war, we know, books are weapons. And it is a part of your dedication always to make them weapons for man's freedom. -Franklin D. Roosevelt Exactly these are the words that fueled the story of Fahrenheit 451. Fahrenheit 451 is a story that was written through a novel by Ray Bradbury and The Use of Stylistic in James Baldwin’s Blues and Raymond Cathedral, produced into a movie shortly after directed by the price, Francois. Dystopia , Fahrenheit 451 , Francois Truffaut 1260 Words | 4 Pages. The Green Mile - Book/Movie Contrast Essay.

Compare / Contrast essay Books filled with suspense and thrills are often hard to portray on screen. When Frank . Racism Essay? Darabont projected Stephen Kings novel, The Green Mile, into a movie , he somewhat failed to adapt the major themes and ideas in the book , which focuses on a persons journey to the electric chair and death penalty during the great depression. The Price Of Empire? The changed genre from serial thriller to who wrote lord of the flies drama in the motion picture greatly affected the scenario and the price of empire, vivid details of the novella and therefore. Capital punishment , Film , Frank Darabont 960 Words | 3 Pages. The Comparison and Contrast Essay the Book and The Use of Stylistic Devices in James Blues Cathedral, the Movie. COMPARISON AND CONTRAST ESSAY THE BOOK AND THE MOVIE Two weeks ago I finished . reading the the price book The Firm by John Grisham. Online? It was really interesting for me to read this story because of the the price of empire unpredictable plot and the bright characters. At that moment I thought that the book had a really fantastic ending. Who Wrote? But when I saw the of empire film about The Firm, I was surprised that the book and the movie could be so different. I was amazed with the last episodes of the movie because. Antagonist , Crime , John Grisham 929 Words | 3 Pages.

Compare and who wrote lord flies, Contrast- ``in the Heat of the Night``; Movie or Booke. Compare and Contrast Essay In the Heat of the Night; Movie or Book ? By Johanna In The Heat of . the Night is a gripping murder mystery story that incorporates a major issue of the the price time it was written at; racism. The original novel (published in 1965), written by John Ball, is a story of Virgil Tibbs, a Negro homicide investigator. The death of orchestra-conductor Enrico Mantoli and Essay, a series of other events lead up to him in charge of a murder investigation in Wells, Carolina. The Price? This is much to. Discrimination , Gordon Douglas , In the Heat of the Night 1016 Words | 3 Pages. Subtitle PP Presentation: General Information on Pronoun Case | * Oceans Eleven Original (with captions) 3 minute video trailer from the original . movie filmed in 1960 * Oceans Eleven Remake (with captions) Now fast forward to the year 2001 and watch this trailer from the remake * Lecture - Compare / Contrast Essay * Lecture Compare / Contrast Essay - Text Transcript of Audio * Readings Readings | * Find out more about coherence and transitions between ideas. * Introduction.

Bruce Catton , English language , Internet 467 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and Online Essay, Contrast paper After reading a book and the price, then watching the movie based on that . Who Wrote? book , generally people will say they feel disappointed because the movie lacks its heart and substance. Even though the movie The Scarlet Letter, directed by Roland Joffe, is based on Nathaniel Hawthornes novel, it offers different characters and plot than the novel. However, the book captivates people more. In both, the the price of empire story takes place in Boston, Massachusetts, in seventeenth century. The Scarlet Letter. Hester Prynne , John Winthrop , Nathaniel Hawthorne 2289 Words | 7 Pages. Writing A Compare And Contrast Paragraph. Writing A Comparison / Contrast Paragraph Comparison? shows similarities between persons, places, things, ideas, or situations. Lord? . Contrast ? points out the of empire differences between persons, places, things, ideas, or situations. Two Basic Methods for Piracy and File Sharing Organizing Comparison / Contrast ? Paragraphs Block Method 1. If you let A and B stand for the two things (subjects) being compared, then you can use the ? block method? in which you tell all about A, then tell all about B. The Price? Thus you discuss A in a block and B. Difference , Lecture , Paragraph 820 Words | 2 Pages.

Compare and Contrast Essay English. ? Compare and Contrast Essay It is hard to believe that perfection has such high standards these days. Global Essays? People are expected to . look and act perfect all the time. And if they are not, they are judged by society. The Price? It is not fair for people to be judged by their characteristics or by how they look. In the Chrysalids people are literally judged on how they look, walk, talk, and live their life. It is the same way in the movie Gattaca. The people of entertainment television, Gattaca have very high standards. They are expected to. English-language films 1078 Words | 3 Pages.

Compare and Contrast Every day there are thousands of compare and contrasting activities, events and even . conversations. We as humans obviously do this as obvious examples like comparing types off food, or clothes, or subliminally like acting a certain way in front of the price of empire, the opposite sex to be a suitable mate. The compare and contrasting can be seen in animals too, not just humans. Animals like male birds try to build nests for We Must female birds to of empire be picked as mates, and then the Global Poor female birds compare the. Audience , Audience theory , Female 1024 Words | 3 Pages.

A Separate Peace: Differences between the Book and the price of empire, the Movie. ?Colin Goodman 1/14/14 Compare Contrast Comparing and of Stylistic Blues and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral, contrasting t?Colin Goodman 1/14/14 Compare . Contrast Comparing and contrasting the difference between the book and movie of A separate piece. I personally think that the the price of empire movie was much more fun to watch, but the book was better over-all. some of the Stop reasons I did not like the movie are Brinker, and the way he seemed much more nice. The Price Of Empire? I also did not like how Gene did not go to Lepers house and how Leper came. Comparison 492 Words | 6 Pages. November 24, 2013 Professor Lyn Megow English 100.02 Compare and Contrast of the lord of the flies Namesake In The Namesake based on . the book and of empire, movie by Jhumpa Lahiri, there are several events and scenes that are interpreted differently throughout the film and book . The book is based on Gogol Ganguli, the son of immigrant parents Ashoke and Ashima Ganguli who struggles with his double identity and rebellion towards his family. The movie is quite different with its focus on the parents and their relationship. Interpersonal relationship , Irrfan Khan , Jhumpa Lahiri 906 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and Contrast Essay on Twilight.

( Book ) | ( movie ) | * Book explains more about bella and The Use of Stylistic Devices Cathedral, where she is from the price arizona, sunny vilie, attends . high school, and her mom just married a pro baseball player and how she is a new changed person after she remarried from bellas father then mentions how she is getting ready to go stay with her dad in arizona | * The movie start with her getting in the car leaving to organ with her dad and doesnt explain anything about who she is | * The book says less about her and her dads. Bella Swan , Edward Cullen , English-language films 1600 Words | 4 Pages. Mice and black entertainment television, Men - Compare and of empire, Contrast. Compare and Contrast Many movies are derived from black entertainment novels, and all of them have major differences from the book . version. While there are many similarities in the movie and the book Of Mice and Men, there are many differences also. Some differences are presented through the characters, scenes, and the way the actors play their roles. Senise wanted to the price of empire get the story done within a time limit, so it was less detailed than the book . In Steinbeck's novel, character image plays a crucial role in the story. Great Depression , John Steinbeck , Novella 1367 Words | 3 Pages. Brokeback Mountain compare and contrast. First, I applaud the movie for daring to tell a story that nobody else presumed creating.

Even in 2005, this was a pretty prohibited thing to . discuss. Blues Cathedral? To its credit, the movie follows the original story fairly close, but a details were left out that made all the difference. The short story Brokeback Mountain (1997) written by the price of empire, Annie Proulx received a lot of Sharing, attention when it was first published in the price, the New Yorker. The story is The Global Poor Essays about the relationship between Jack Twist and of empire, Ennis Del Mar, two cowboys. Ang Lee , Brokeback Mountain , Heath Ledger 866 Words | 3 Pages. Troy Movie and Illiad Compare and Contrast. Troy.

The movie and We Must Racism, the myth were both based on the Trojan War. They were both very interesting, and captivating. It was stimulating to see it . in the price of empire, 2 different points of views. Both the movie and the myth of Troy were great. They had similarities, but there were also some very strong differences. In Edith Hamiltons Synopsis of the Trojan War, it focused on many of the gods of pushers syndrome, Olympus. For example, in of empire, the synopsis, conversations between the gods happen from time to time, while in Racism, the movie they dont. Achilles , Eris , Greek mythology 1140 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and the price, Contrast Essay By: Ayne Hassan . Jews suffered countless amounts of atrocities throughout the history of time. Both stories have themes in who wrote lord of the flies, which man is evil to man, the will of the main character to survive and overcome evil is present, and the price of empire, the ability of some people to still be compassionate to each other during these times of evil. The book Maus, and the movie The Pianist, share many thematic similarities.

Antagonist , Character , Nazi Germany 997 Words | 3 Pages. Alexander Low ENC1101 Date: 12/2/12 Assignment: Compare / Contrast Forrest Gump: Movie Better Than . Book Have you ever watched a movie that was made off of a book , but the movie was better? Well if you have ever watched and read Forrest Gump, you would find out that the movie has well surpassed the book . In both stories the The Global main character Forrest Gump goes through a series of misfortunate events that eventually turn him into of empire an American hero and millionaire. Online Piracy And File Sharing? In each event of his life he. 1061 Words | 3 Pages.

habitually and carefully neat and of empire, clean can make for an interesting topic in a comparison and We Must Racism Essay, contrast essay. Dave Barry compares . the differences of the price of empire, how women and men clean in his compare and contrast essay, Batting Clean- Up and Striking out. In Suzanne Britt's compare and contrast essay, Neat People vs. Sloppy People she compares the differences of personalities between Sloppy people and neat people. Both essays compare cleanliness in one way or another however they both have differences regarding their. Cleanliness , Comedy , Defence mechanism 1482 Words | 4 Pages. Compare/Contrast to We Must Stop Racism Kill a Mockingbird Movie Book. December 2010 Revised Essay #3: Compare / Contrast To Kill a Mockingbird Book vs. Movie To Kill a . Mockingbird, by Harper Lee, is the price a story about Jem and Scout Finch, who are being raised by their father in Maycomb, Alabama, during the Great Depression. The book shows us that Jem and Scouts childhood was rich with life experiences.

In contrast , the movie version, by entertainment television, Robert Mulligan, excludes many important life experiences. Several events in the book are excluded from the movie , but should be included. The Price? . Atticus Finch , Great Depression , Harper Lee 645 Words | 2 Pages. Jimmy Ji Mrs. Coleman ESL 33 Compare and Contrast Essay 27 Oct. Consequentialism:? 2010 Pursuit of Dream In . this competitive world, it almost seems indispensable for people to at least pursue one thing to of empire survive. Does it mean that people all have to strive to accomplish something? Or does pursuing actually bring any enhancements or happiness to Essay peoples lives?

The answer might be very debatable because pursuing something might not be always ended with a great triumph or satisfaction. 1985 albums , Denis Waitley , Dream 980 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and Contrast Call of the Wild Essay. CALL OF THE WILD The book and of empire, the movie of The Call of the Wild are both similar yet different. Of Stylistic Baldwin’s And Raymond Carver’s? Like any movie . based on the price a book , the Global Poor Essays movie of The Call of the Wild presents different characters and events than the book so it can be unique and enjoyable. In this essay, Ill like to compare and contrast the the price book and the movie . The book and the movie of The Call of the Wild are fairly similar.

In both the movie and the book , Buck first lives on Judge Millers estate and who wrote of the, is kidnapped by Manuel, the. California Gold Rush , Difference , Dog 1375 Words | 3 Pages. ? Compare and Contrast Essay Tips English 101 A compare and the price of empire, contrast essay is of Stylistic Devices in James Baldwin’s Sonny’s and Raymond Cathedral about comparing and . contrasting the of empire differences and similarities to make a point. Compare = how are they alike Contrast = how they are different Clearly establish the basis of the comparison and/or contrast . Sample Thesis I A comparison of the Online Piracy Sharing Essay two essays Running for President by Mark Twain and A Mock Columnist, Amok by Stephen Colbert clearly shows how presidential politics has not changed in over a century. Comparison , Debut albums , Difference 413 Words | 3 Pages. ?ARTH*1510 Midterm 2: Compare and Contrast Augustus Primaporta 7.10 Origin: Rome Size: Height 68 Material: Marble Period: 20 . ce Style: Veristic style, with stress on maturity, turned to Hellenizing style Description: Portraits see him as ageless, as seen in statue References to previous art and historical events to strengthen his authority Next to of empire right ankle, a cupid playfully riding a dolphin, Cupid, or Eros, the Son of pushers syndrome, Venus, symbolized descent from Goddess of love through his ancestor Aeneas. Byzantine Empire , Constantinople , Hagia Sophia 772 Words | 10 Pages. Compare and Contrast The Help book and movie. differences between the book , The Help, and the movie , The Help.

Although the director did manage to keep some of the price, plot the . same, there are still not as many similarities as differences in the book and pushers, movie . To start off, the director did keep most of the characters looks and personalities the same in the price of empire, the movie as in the book . Some differences were that in the book Skeeter is big and tall, but the movie has her slender and Consequentialism: Poor, average height, if not shorter. Hilly is portrayed in of empire, the book as a dark haired. Alcohol intoxication , Difference , English-language films 834 Words | 2 Pages. Compare and Contrast Economic Market Systems In differentiating between market structures one has to compare and entertainment, . contrast public goods, private goods, common resources, and natural monopolies. All of these are major factors that need to be considered. Public goods are those goods in which all of society benefit from and are equally shared among everyone within. These types of the price of empire, goods can be consumed simultaneously by several individuals without diminishing the value of Global Poor, consumption to any individual. AltaVista , Bing , Google 2751 Words | 7 Pages. RUNNING HEAD: COMPARE AND CONTRAST ESSAY Compare and the price, Contrast Essay Amber Garoutte Intro to . College Writing Compare and Contrast Essay In the last decade, online learning has become an We Must, overwhelmingly popular choice for students who want to continue with their higher education.

Online schools, like traditional schools, offer students the opportunity to study various subjects and earn a degree, anywhere that there is a computer. The convenience and independence of online learning. Distance education , Education , High school 836 Words | 3 Pages. Compare -and- Contrast Essay Comparison/ Contrast Organizer Directions: Fill in of empire, the chart first. Then write your . Who Wrote Flies? title, introductory sentence, topic sentences, and conclusion sentence. Of Empire? Title __________________________________________ Introductory Sentence __________________________ ______________________________________________ Topic Sentence ________________________________ ______________________________________________ Same Food: 1. Food: 1. 2. 2. Topic Sentence ________________________________. Love , Milk , Pudding 535 Words | 6 Pages. Into the who wrote lord flies Wild: Book vs.

Movie Into the Wild happens to the price be my favorite book , and also one of Consequentialism: Essays, my favorite movies. The Price Of Empire? . Lord Of The? Most people like one or the other, but I think the of empire two complement each other because of the varied stances taken on the main character himself. In case youre not familiar, Into the entertainment television Wild is based on the price the true story of Chris McCandless who, after graduating with honors from Emory University in syndrome, 1990, gave his entire savings of twenty-four thousand dollars to charity and the price, set off following. Alaska , Christopher McCandless , Into the Wild 950 Words | 3 Pages. ENG.2 5/23/2011 The Road The Road was both a phenomenal book and film. While reading The Road I was both intrigued and interested as to . how Hollywood would portray this story, and after seeing the movie I was impressed with how closely the film followed the book . Though the book was enticing and unusual the movie quickly surpassed the book in my opinion. Though the movie followed the book closely, there were some differences such as the amount of flashbacks the father has, the illusion of lord of the, hope. Cormac McCarthy , Film , Kodi Smit-McPhee 922 Words | 3 Pages. ? COMPARE / CONTRAST English Composition I Dr.

Jodi Scala 02/07/2014 . The Price Of Empire? COMPARE / CONTRAST 02/07/2014 In the world today things have majorly and severely changed. On the one hand we no longer have slavery, but on the other there is another type of flies, slavery going on in cooperate businesses. In these two essays I chose and plan. Corporation , Doublespeak , I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings 963 Words | 5 Pages. ?Name here Compare and Contrast October 16, 2011 Debra Pylypiw, Art 111-100-311 The Alba Madonna (1510) by Raphael Approx. . diameter 37 ? in. The Price? ; framed 54 x 53 ? in. Oil on panel transferred to canvas National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C. Andrew W. Mellon Collection Viewed in A World of Art (6th Edition) by Henry M. Sayre Deposition (1435-38) by Rogier Van der Weyden Approx. 7ft. 1 5/8 in The Global Essays, x 8 ft.

7 1/8 in. The Price Of Empire? Oil on wood Museo del Prado, Madrid Viewed in Stop Racism Essay, A World of Art (6th Edition) by Henry. History of of empire, painting , Jan van Eyck , John the Baptist 999 Words | 5 Pages. Outsiders: Compare Contrast Movie to Book. since I read this book . A movie , a death, a church and friendship, The Outsiders has it all. A story of brotherhood, . friendship, and of a murder, a boy and his friend are caught in a murder, they have to escape form getting caught by the police, and Racism, so they run away, starting their journey of friendship and hardships.

After reading the novel and watching the the price movie I noticed some differences, I'll start with Ponyboy, in the novel pony boy is Stop Essay slapped by of empire, his brother, but in the movie , he is pushers syndrome pushed. Difference , English-language films , Film 563 Words | 2 Pages. seat. I think when you take a look at the price, various horror films and compare them; you will notice an array of different scare tactics/methods. Global Essays? You . will also notice many cliche ideas that a lot horror flicks have in common. I will point these ideas out in detail, when I compare The Dawn of The Dead horror flick released in 1978, with the one released in 2004; Two and a half decades later. The original Dawn of the price, The Dead is a terrific movie . Television? I will start off by saying I think the original is a little scarier. Film , George A. Romero , Horror and the price of empire, terror 1242 Words | 3 Pages. ? Compare and Contrast Lesson Plan: Part One and Two Introduction to Topic and Guided Practice. Black Entertainment? Materials Needed- A granola bar . and a candy bar; and/or a one dollar bill and a quarter, Venn Diagram worksheet Compare and Contrast lesson plan activity time: 30-120 minutes, depending on use of optional reinforcement and advanced exercises. The Price? If all sections are used, lesson can be divided into multiple, separate sessions if desired.

Objective of Compare and Contrast lesson plan. Candy , Candy bar , Candy bars 1257 Words | 5 Pages. Compare amp; Contrast Essay Victoria Riley COMM/155 February 25, 2012 Dr. We Must Essay? Jackie E. Smalls Compare amp; . Contrast Essay The zombie apocalypse is coming, The Walking Dead series and Resident Evil movies have played into the publics fear of turning into the living dead. Over the past 20 years the horror genre of movies and television has exceptionally rose in popularity.

Movies like; Zombieland, 28 Days Later and the price, Resident Evil have quite a following. Television has started. Chris Redfield , Claire Redfield , Nemesis 1147 Words | 4 Pages. Looking at basic formal analysis of art work we can compare and black, contrast the formal elements. Such things as form, subject matter . Of Empire? content brings art to life. Line, color and texture give us a mix of styles from abstract to representational, canvas to clay. Art will give us a new perceptive and apparition for the world we look at daily. One of the most interesting sculptures I have found is, by Kara Walker, Insurrection (Our Tools were Rudimentary)1 (307). The first thing to of Stylistic Baldwin’s Sonny’s stand out, this. Chartres Cathedral , Claude Monet , Color 927 Words | 3 Pages.

but open closer examination, they do possess some similarities. Although they are different in the areas of the time period, the plot, and the characters, . The Price? they are similar in the areas of having violence, having family problems, drug issues in the movie . The time period of the two films is obviously different. And File Essay? The Godfather is the price of empire a 1972 American crime film directed by pushers, Francis Ford Coppola and produced by Albert S. Ruddy from a screenplay by Mario Puzo and Coppola. Based on Puzo's 1969 novel of the. Corleone family , Francis Ford Coppola , Illegal drug trade 1793 Words | 5 Pages. Smoke Signals MoviePaper CompareContrast. Comparison and Contrast Essay Smoke Signals and This is What It Means to Say Phoenix Smoke Signals is the the price of empire story of two Native . Americans, named Thomas and The Essays, Victor, who grew up together and of empire, go off on black an adventure to find who they really are. Thomas is young and of empire, lives with his grandmother, because his parents died in a fire when he was a baby; as we later find out, Victors father Arnold started the fire. Thomas lives by the morals and ethics of a traditional Native American, following the The Use Blues Carver’s Cathedral beliefs. Difference , Family , Fiction 945 Words | 3 Pages. 1. Compare and contrast these poems.

Poems: 1. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost Whose woods these . are I think I know. His house is in the village, though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. The Price Of Empire? He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake. Of The Flies? The only other sound's the.

Carriage , Emily Dickinson , Life 742 Words | 4 Pages. Compare and Contrast two online businesses In this blog I am going to the price compare two online businesses and I have . chosen Amazon as it has a large online presence and Piracy, Tesco as it has a significant presence within retail and have developed their online presence greatly. Of Empire? Firstly I will provide a brief history of the two organisations that I have chosen. Amazon.com is an American multinational electronic commerce company with headquarters in Sharing Essay, Seattle, Washington, United States. It is the the price world largest. Amazon Kindle , Amazon.com , Electronic commerce 1274 Words | 5 Pages. Compare and Online Piracy Sharing, Contrast Beowulf Book and Movie. In the movie and poem Beowulf there were many differences and similarities that stood out to the price me. Usually when a book or poem gets . made into a movie there are many differences and similarities. This is why I was not surprised that Beowulf the black television movie was no true to of empire the original poem. I enjoyed the poem a lot more than the movie . We Must? The movie seemed artificial and the price, not believable in of Stylistic in James Baldwin’s and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral, comparison to the poem.

One difference between the poem and the movie was that the poem explained the actual story of of empire, Beowulf. Beowulf , Difference , Grendel 468 Words | 2 Pages. Writing and We Must, Compare-and-contrast Essays. ? Compare and Contrast This type of the price, writing assignment is common. On a standardized test, you may be asked to analyze . literature, evaluate ideas, or make a judgment and explain your reasons. We Must Racism? In responding to these types of prompts, you often will compare and contrast characters, concepts, or choices.

You will be asked to identify similarities and differences, which are the key to compare -and- contrast essays. There are ways to organize your thoughts about compare -and- contrast topics, which will. Comparison , Comparisons , Essay 1384 Words | 4 Pages. ? Compare and Contrast : six sigma, lean, and kaizen Donna Guillory Siena Heights University HCM301-OG, Summer 2015 May . 20, 2015 Abstract This paper will work to compare and contrast six sigma, lean process improvement, and Kaizen. In so doing, it will serve to elaborate on the different similarities in each of these process improvement methods and of empire, the ways in Online Essay, which they differ, detailing a clear understanding of each of the three different approaches. The Price Of Empire? Keywords: process improvement methods.

5 Whys , Business process , Lean manufacturing 1144 Words | 6 Pages. The compare and contrast between Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons And The adventures of Huckleberry Finn by The Use of Stylistic in James Baldwin’s, Mark . Twain Gabriel A. Of Empire? Montenegro Bravery is black television not inherent, it is rather acquired from the circumstances or situation faced in the life. People face lot of problems in the price, their lives and to cope with those situations and move in with one's life is the sheer example of being brave. The same has been depicted by. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn , African American , Ellen Foster 2432 Words | 6 Pages. ?Professor Vogl Cognitive Psychology 17 April 2012 Compare and Contrast Cognitive development is the Online Piracy Essay development of the price of empire, . intelligence and problem-solving ability that begins when you are a child. Jean Piaget and Lev S. We Must Stop Racism? Vygotsky were two psychologists who focused on cognitive development and had similar and different ideas with the subject.

We will found out how Piagets theory is compared and contrast to Vygotskys theory. Jean Piaget was a Swiss psychologist that focused on the education of children. Developmental psychology , Jean Piaget , Kohlberg's stages of moral development 1122 Words | 5 Pages. Compare and Contrast Leadership and Management 1 Minnesota School of BusinessCompare and Contrast Leadership . and Management 2 Career Aspirations My goal is to obtain a position with my current company as a senior vice president of operations for the Mortgage Division. This position is currently three positions up from my current management position. I will need to do a lot of planning and proving myself to continue to rise up the corporate ladder as there are many managers all trying. A Good Thing , Decision making , Ethics 1522 Words | 4 Pages.

In this essay, I am going to compare and contrast three significant events in the film of 300. The Price? First, I will discuss the events . leading up to the historical battle at Thermopylae. Online And File? Then, I will compare the movie version battles at the price of empire, Thermopylae with historical accounts. Finally, I will contrast events after Thermopylae between the movie and Global Essays, actual history. As I recall, when I saw the movie several months ago (it's not available for of empire reviewing again from Blockbuster until July 31, 2007), the most significant. Battle of entertainment, Salamis , Battle of Thermopylae , Greco-Persian Wars 861 Words | 3 Pages. Libby Sacco Art History 320 Professor Bonnell 2/1/2010 Compare and of empire, Contrast Though overwhelmed while visiting the . contemporary wing at the Baltimore Museum of Art, I was able to narrow my interests to two particular artworks.

The two works I have chosen to compare and contrast are Robert Indianas No. 7, and entertainment, Frank Stellas Abra Variation III. Of Empire? At first glance, one might make a far-fetched assumption as to how these two paintings are similar, but with further examination their similarities. Color , Difference , Dimension 1387 Words | 4 Pages. Compare and Contrast of a Snowflake and Consequentialism: Global Poor, a Raindrop Iva Gate . Eng 121 Umberto Umbertino 11/23/2012 I. Of Empire? The differences between a snowflake and a raindrop II. Snowflake A. Formation B. We Must Racism Essay? Shape C. CLOUD , Evaporation , Liquid 633 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and of empire, Contrast : Cal State LA amp; Cal Poly Pomona Cal State Universities are excellent choices because they are part of . the pushers most affordable public education systems in the nation and promote access to higher education. The Price? When deciding to go to a university like Cal Poly Pomona or Cal State Los Angeles, there can be many things that need to be considered in Piracy and File Sharing Essay, order to make the right choice.

These include finances, level of independence, and whether or not a major has been determined. Students. Academic degree , California , California State Polytechnic University, Pomona 1171 Words | 3 Pages. Running Head: COMPARE AND CONTRAST Compare and Contrast Self Administered Test Mary Coleman May . 12, 2008 PSYU 565 Jeffrey A. Stone, PhD. Chapman University Compare and Contrast Self Administered Test The assignment for of empire this week is to Consequentialism: Global Essays compare and contrast the results from three self administered tests we took in the price, class. The tests I will compare and contrast are the 16 Personality Factors (16PF), the and File Essay Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and the Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis (T-JTA). 16 Personality Factors , 16PF Questionnaire , Carl Jung 1566 Words | 5 Pages. ? Compare and of empire, Contrast Many have heard the saying, Nobody's perfect and truth is no one is.

Everyone has something they want . to change or improve about themselves. Society plays a big role in encouraging people to look a specific way, a way that is described as its version of perfect. A way that helps portray this vision of Consequentialism: Global Poor, what people should look like is through advertisement. The Price? Ads are what grasps the attention of society and fights to of Stylistic Devices in James Baldwin’s Sonny’s Blues and Raymond Carver’s Cathedral pull them into of empire contributing, buying, etc. their products. Advertising , Dieting , Health 827 Words | 3 Pages.

compare and contrast flatland book and the movie. Abdul Razziq Memon MS. Harishminn Period: 4th 03/26/13 Compare and contrast Between Daedalus Flight and lord, MIT Flight The . Fight of Daedalus and the Flight of MIT are one of the articles in which you can find many things to compare and contrast . They both have many similarities and the price of empire, also many differences, which also made both stories more interesting. But remember one thing both had the same goal and that was to get success in flying. Stop Essay? Now first of all, I would like to tell you the the price of empire analogous. Crete , Daedalus , Difference 625 Words | 2 Pages. Compare and Contrast Essay Boxing is a sport known worldwide in which two people engage in a contest of strength, reflexes and . endurance by throwing punches with gloved hands.

People have favorite boxers in pushers, different weight categories. Juan Manuel Marquez Dinamita and the price, Emmanuel Manny Pacquiao are two favorite and very different boxers. They had different Amateur careers Marquez proceeds from a family of Consequentialism: Essays, boxers, he began boxing in amateur tournaments at age 13. Dynamita marquez. Boxing , Boxing weight classes , Citation 1033 Words | 4 Pages. Compare and Contrast of: The Family Crucible: The Intense Experience of Family Therapy Written by: Augustus Y. Napier, Ph. . Of Empire? D. with Carl Whitaker, M.D. By: Queenesha Herbert Argosy University Dr. Kaplan December 18, 2012 The Family Crucible is a book depicting the scenario and drama of the Brice familys experience in family therapy with co-therapist Dr. Carl Whitaker and Online and File Sharing Essay, Dr. Augustus Napier.

Presenting Issue . Family , Family therapy , Father 1130 Words | 4 Pages. method according to an Amy Chua, a Chinese-style mother, but Hanna Rosen, a Western mother, has written her own opposing perspective as a parent. Amy Chua . is a prime example of one those stereotypically strict mothers. She has written an article and a book addressing the difference between Western and the price of empire, Chinese parents and she illustrates why she believes the strict Chinese method is Online and File Essay what is best for children. In her article she has stated that there are tons of studies that prove that this Chinese method. Childhood , China , Han Chinese 851 Words | 4 Pages.

Farrah Hussain Ms. Flaherty CUNY Start Reading and Writing 08 March 2013 Compare and Contrast Essay Frederick Douglass and . Malcolm X both were African Americans who struggled to be successful.Frederick was born a slave for life 1817 he didnt go to school but wanted to have knowledge. He had a lot of obstacles in his path but the fact he wanted to learn to read and of empire, write keep him going though he wanted to give up sometimes. Frederick Douglass also wanted abolish slavery.Malcolm X was born in. African American , Black people , Haiti 925 Words | 3 Pages.

Online Essay Writing Service - Amazon com: The Price of Empire: Michael Cove and Oliver Waghorn

Custom Essay Order - World War II: The Price of Empire Series and Episode Guides | TV from

Charles A. Of Empire? Lindbergh Jr. Lord? Kidnapping. Charles A. Lindbergh Jr. Kidnapping Kidnapping: Whenever a person is taken or detained against his or her will, including hostage situations, whether or not the victim is moved. Kidnapping is not limited to the acts of strangers but can be committed by acquaintances, by the price romantic partners, and, as has been increasingly true in recent years, by parents who are involved in acrimonious custody disputes.

Kidnapping involves both short-term and short-distance displacements, acts common to many sexual assaults and black, robberies. The Price? (Missing Children Statistics, 2008) We will write a custom essay sample. on Charles A. Lindbergh Jr. We Must Stop Essay? Kidnapping or any similar. topic specifically for you.

Kidnapping only makes up about 2% of of empire, all violent crimes against juveniles, but that does not make it any less of a crime. In the year 2000, 876,213 people were reported missing, and of that about We Must Stop Essay, 90% were juveniles under the age of 18. (Missing Children Statistics, 2008) With so many kidnapping cases each year, only a select few will make national news. Of Empire? One of the most notorious kidnapping cases was the Charles A. Lindbergh Jr. Kidnapping in 1932. What made this case so much more important then all the rest? There was nothing unusual about this case, but the one factor that made this national news was that Charles Lindbergh Jr. Lord Of The? as the Twenty-Month old son of the Famous Aviator, Charles Lindbergh. Of Empire? On March 1, 1932, baby Charles was put to bed at around 7:30 PM by his mother Anne Lindbergh and his Nurse, Betty Gow. About 3 hours later, when checking on the baby, Gow made a horrible discovery, baby Charles was not in his crib.

The only thing that was out of place was an The Global Poor Essays envelope on the window sill. The envelope contained a badly written ransom note that read: Dear Sir, Have 50,000$ redy 25000$ in 20$ bills 15000$ in 10$ bills and 10000$ in 5$ bills. After 2-4 days will inform you were to of empire, deliver the Mony. We warn you for making anyding public or for pushers syndrome notify the Polise the child is in the price of empire gut care. Indication for all letters are singnature and 3 holds . (The American Experience, 2004-2006) Over a period of a month more then a dozen ransom notes. Page 2 Charles A. Lindbergh Jr. Kidnapping Essay. were delivered to the Lindberghs. Upon the initial search of the crime scene, mud was found in the nursery and immeasurable muddy footprints were found outside of the nursery.

Also a two section ladder was found outside of the house, leaning against the house leading to the nursery window. The ladder was broken in a place were the two section met. No other evidence was found. The second ransom note came on March 6, 1932 which said the Stop Racism Essay ransom amount had been raised to $70,000. The Lindberghs attorney received the third ransom note on March 8 instructing them to put a note in the newspaper.

That day, John F. Condon published a letter in the Bronx Home News offering to of empire, be the go-between for the kidnapper and Stop Essay, the Lindberghs, and offering an extra $1,000 ransom. The next day Condon received the forth ransom note stating that Condon was accepted as the go-between. On March 10 Condon began negotiations for payment through newspaper columns. He used the code name Jafsie. The fifth note was received on March 12, sending instruction on where to find another note. As indicated, the sixth note was found by Condon beneath a stone by a vacant stand outside of a subway station.

This note instructed Condon to meet a man who called himself John in a graveyard where they would discuss payment. John agreed to show something indicating the babys identity. On March 16, the the price of empire babys sleeping suit and a seventh ransom note were received. The eighth ransom note was given to Condon on March 21. This note asked for Consequentialism: Global Essays complete compliance and also stated that the kidnapping had been planned for year. On March 30, the ninth note was found, stating that the of empire kidnappers were threatening to raise the and File Sharing ransom to $100,000. On April 1, Condon received the tenth ransom note demanding him to have the money ready for the next night. The eleventh note was received on April 2, instructing them as to the price of empire, the whereabouts of the twelfth note.

The twelfth note instructed Condon to meet John in the graveyard again, where Condon gave him the ransom of $50,000 and in return he was given a receipt and a thirteenth note. This note gave the location of lord of the, baby Charles. The note said the baby could be found on a boat called Nellie near Marthas Vineyard in Massachusetts. The search for the baby came up unsuccessful, they had been double-crossed. But then on May 12 the badly decomposed body of Charles Lindbergh Jr. was found about 4 ? miles from the the price Lindbergh home.

The babys head and black, skull had been crushed. Examinations showed that the the price baby had been beaten for The Use of Stylistic Sonny’s Blues and Raymond Cathedral two months and died from a blow to the price, the head. For two years after the kidnapping, the New York Police had been tracing and racking down the pushers bills of the ransom. On September 18, 1934, one bill was used at a gas station in Manhattan. The gas stations attendant had recognized the man from of empire a flier warning people of flies, these certain bills and wrote down the mans license plate number and called the police. The police later found that the the price owner of the vehicle was Bruno Hauptmann, a carpenter and a German immigrant who had a criminal record in Germany. Essay? The police arrested Hauptmann on the price, September 22, 1934. A search of his home produced $14,000 of the ransom money. The money was hidden in and under the garage.

Hauptmann insisted that he was holding the money for a friend, Isidore Fisch, who later returned to Germany and had died, and he had no connection to the kidnapping and in James and Raymond Carver’s, that he had no knowledge that the money had come from the ransom. Further investigations produced more evidence that linked Hauptmann to of empire, the kidnapping and the murder of baby Charles. During the trial, evidence was introduced showing a similarity of Hauptmanns handwriting and the handwriting on the ransom notes. Other evidence included that of the ladder. It showed that the ladder was fixed by pushers syndrome somebody who knew wood and would know how to fix it. Splinters of the wood used to fix the ladder were analyzed and found the the price of empire wood to match perfectly with the wood of Hauptmanns attic. Witnesses, including John Condon and Charles Lindbergh, identified Hauptmann as John. The defense of this case is very strong; therefore, I believe Hauptmann was not alone in planning this kidnapping. He needed someone who was on the inside, someone who knew the family and most importantly, the baby.

I believe that the Nurse, Betty Gow, was involved in the crime. She knew the familys schedule as well as the layout of the Lindbergh home. She is the perfect accessory. Mr. Edward Reilly was the Defense Attorney for this case. His defense stated that Hauptmann would have no way of knowing that the Lindberghs were to stay in of the flies their house another night because the baby had a cold, stating that the family normally stayed until Sunday night or Monday morning. The only of empire, people who knew that they were staying an Consequentialism: The Poor Essays extra night would have been the household staff, the of empire Lindberghs themselves and Betty Gow, the babys nurse. They called for Gow to come and help with the baby. Who says that Gow had not had contact with Hauptmann after she got the call? Another point of defense was that the family had a dog.

When dogs sense a stranger they normally bark. The dog would have barked if someone he did no know, like Hauptmann, would have been on the property. Gow could have gotten Hauptmann into the house one day while the rest of the Online and File Sharing Essay family was away. Of Empire? This would explain why the dog did not bark when Hauptmann was on the grounds, because the dog knew him. The defense stated that Hauptmann would have had to know the layout of the house and lord of the, the room as well as where the furniture was placed as to not knock over anything while climbing through the window. Of Empire? In addition, the baby would have cried if he had not known the man.

Defense also stated that any man would not have been able to get back out of the window, baby in We Must Stop Racism arm and of empire, back onto the ladder without falling. This is and File, easily explained. Gow may have informed Hauptmann of the layout of the room. Perhaps Hauptmann may have never set foot into the nursery at of empire all. Gow could have come into the room and picked up the baby, which the baby knew her and therefore would not cry. She then handed the baby out the window to Hauptmann who was waiting on the ladder. After Gow handed him the baby, she shut the window and laid the ransom note on the window sill. Another explanation would be that Gow cam into syndrome the nursery, placed the the price of empire ransom note, and then delivered the baby to syndrome, Hauptmann through the front door. One Ransom note stated that the kidnapping had been planned for over a year. Hauptmann probably found a way to get inside information of the family during that time.

As I stated above, I have a suspicion that the babys nurse, Betty Gow, was somehow involved. I believe that Hauptmann and Gow were acquainted. Perhaps Hauptmann had done his research about the family and the price, found out that Gow was the We Must Essay babys nurse and made it a point to know her. It may be that Hauptmann had coerced Gow into helping him with the kidnapping. He may have agreed to of empire, give her some of the ransom money when it was all said and done. Since the country was in a depression, she may have been desperate for more money. And File Sharing Essay? If Hauptmann had been planning this for a year, he would have had to do his research.

He would have had to find a wealthy family. He would have picked the Lindbergh family because of Charles Lindberghs reputation and Anne Lindbergh was the daughter of a diplomat. After Hauptmann had found the perfect family, he would have had to get on the inside. He would have to find someone who regularly was with the baby. He probably had to watch the family and that is when he would have decided to use the nurse. He would have had to watch the of empire nurse and find the perfect time to approach her. Once he approached her, he would have to basically talk her into helping him.

After she agreed to help him, he would have to flies, get the information on the price, the house and the family from her. Once he got the information, it was time to plan the kidnapping. Many people did not believe that Hauptmann had been involved in the kidnapping. There were many attempts at black appeals, but they were all denied. Hauptmann was convicted of the kidnapping and murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr. and the price of empire, was sentenced to syndrome, death. He was executed on April 3, 1936. Criminology is made up of many theories that can explain why crime is committed, or why it is not committed. Of Empire? One theory that can explain why Bruno Hauptman kidnapped baby Charles is the The Poor Anomie theory. Anomie was first introduced by a French sociologist by the name of Emile Durkheim.

Durkheim first introduced Anomie when he was working on his study of suicide. Anomie comes from the Greek words, an- meaning absence of, and nomos meaning name, law, order and structure. Anomie can be an individual disorder or a social disorder. The Price? As an individual disorder, Anomie is describes a condition or malaise in individuals, characterized by of the flies an absence or diminution of standards or values, and an associated feeling of alienation and purposelessness. The Price? Anomie is remarkably common when the surrounding society has undergone significant changes in economic fortunes, whether for pushers better or for worse and more generally when there is a significant discrepancy between the ideological theories and values commonly professed and the practice of the price of empire, everyday life. (Anomie, 1999-2003) As a Social disorder Anomie has also been used to apply to societies or groups of people within a society, who suffer from chaos due to lack of commonly recognized explicit or implicit rules of good conduct, or worse, to the reign of rules promoting isolation or even predation rather than cooperation (consider the Ik tribe). Friedrich Hayek notably uses the word anomy with this meaning.

Anomy as social disorder is not to be confused with anarchy. The word anarchy denotes lack of rulers, hierarchy, command, whereas anomy denotes lack of rules, structure, organization. Many opponents of anarchism claim that anarchy necessarily leads to anomy; however, many anarchists will argue that hierarchical command actually creates chaos, rather than order (e. Who Wrote Lord Of The? g. , see the Law of Eristic Escalation). As an older variant, the Webster 1913 reports use of the word anomy as meaning disregard or violation of the law. (Anomie, 1999-2003) Anomie can also be explained as the gap between the American dream and the means of getting this American dream. This makes the norms and the social institutions weak which can cause high crime rates. An Example of this is the price, when a man feels he is the head of a household and black entertainment, feels he is of empire, responsible for the money that is brought into the house, and the well-being of his family, the man will normally find a well paying job so he can support his family. When the pushers syndrome society begins to weaken and the economy begins to fail, that man may get a pay cut or may even lose his job. When the economy is in this state, new jobs are few and far between. This man will begin to of empire, worry about how he is Devices and Raymond Cathedral, going to support his family in this time of of empire, economic crisis. When the strain becomes too much to handle this man will turn to unconventional ways of pushers, making money for the price of empire his family, a lot of times not caring about the consequences.

This man may turn to illegal actions such as selling drugs, male prostitution or maybe kidnapping with a ransom request. This could explain why Bruno Hauptmann kidnapped Charles Lindbergh Jr. on who wrote lord, the night of March 1, 1932. Of Empire? Research of that time period would show that the United States was in a state of Essay, depression at that time. The depression started shortly after the stock market crash of October 1929, and was at its worse in 1932.